Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

CR91

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure the supreme court will have something to say about that if he has any money left

It doesn't matter since the rule known as "Abatement" states that any convict who dies while they have an outstanding appeal will automatically have their conviction vacated

I am not sure if Odin Lloyd's family had filed or won anything on a Wrongful Death Case

34 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He took the lives of others.   He gets no sympathy from me.  My only sympathy is for his daughter

Laughing about the death of someone else's son, brother, uncle or cousin isn't the same as having a lack of sympathy. I didn't like the guy either obviously but I'm not gonna crack jokes about him hanging himself. 

He must have been a huge Celtics fan and we never knew it.

I don't feel bad about jokes to be honest, he was a psychopathic murderer. The only thing thats sad to me is the lives he took and also what a waste Hernandez was in general too. He had it all and let it go. If anything positive can come out of his situation maybe it can show some young people how not to screw up their lives.

11 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Laughing about the death of someone else's son, brother, uncle or cousin isn't the same as having a lack of sympathy. I didn't like the guy either obviously but I'm not gonna crack jokes about him hanging himself. 

The dude saved tax payers a, bunch of money.  Good riddance

26 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It doesn't matter since the rule known as "Abatement" states that any convict who dies while they have an outstanding appeal will automatically have their conviction vacated

I am not sure if Odin Lloyd's family had filed or won anything on a Wrongful Death Case

A civil lawsuit can go to the supreme court.   I have no idea if he has any money left though

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I suppose it always sad when a child loses their father.  But are we looking at the father for what he was or what a father should be, our image of an ideal father?  Considering who Aaron Hernandez was for a long time, his daughter probably never had that ideal father, so she didn't lose one.  She is probably a lot better off not having her real father in her life, to be candid.

I dont disagree. 

7 hours ago, Jules said:

Conspiracies are already out that it was murder and not suicide.

You didn't hear this from me, but word is that Hernandez was sitting on some bombshell deflategate info that he was ready to go public with...right before he turned up dead under mysterious circumstances. #Suffo-gate

13 hours ago, Qwiz said:

People joking about death. What has this world come to. 

He was another human being. His life went astray and now it's done. Like others have said, a complete tragedy. 

A self inflicted tragedy. 

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Conspiracies are already out that it was murder and not suicide.

And if its true that he was appealing his conviction after being acquitted of the double murder, which was the basis of the motive behind the conviction, then theoretically he could be freed despite killing three people (by most people's opinion).

You could see how that wouldn't sit well with other prisoners or even prison guards.

17 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

If I understand correctly, a quirky rule on the Massachusetts lawbooks essentially exonerates a defendant at the time of death. In the eyes of the Massachusetts courts, Hernandez is an innocent man because he did not get a chance to appeal. Therefore, the remains of his once formidable fortune are not subjected to civil lawsuits, leaving his daughter and Fiancee a great deal of money and whats left of his once great accomplishments.Perhaps he delayed killing himself because his lawyers were confident he would be acquitted and he wanted that acquittal for what's left of his reputation? ...All conjecture on my part

I don't know if you are exonerated, but if the defendant dies before the appeal has been heard I think his family is still eligible to collect his pension from the Pats.

19 hours ago, Qwiz said:

People joking about death. What has this world come to. 

He was another human being. His life went astray and now it's done. Like others have said, a complete tragedy. 

17 hours ago, Qwiz said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, I will point to the postmodern perspective that famous Indianapolis writer Kurt Vonnegut Jr. made a career of, in his writing of dark comedies set in tragic scenarios and situations. It was Vonnegut's stance that the natural response to tragedy is humor. That the most natural way to deal with the vulgarity that has become the human race is to laugh in the face of it all. After all, life is a drama, and theater has aptly adapted the symbolic images of 'comedy and tragedy'...

Take in account the deplorable actions almost certainly committed by Hernandez, and one can see this theory working on a basic cultural level. A subconscious coping mechanism if you will...

Hopefully, & I say this this for the sake of my daughters, in 100 or 200 years (assuming mankind even makes it that far) the history books will define a new cultural era beginning here in the early 21st century, one that foregoes cynicism and irony for a much more sentimental response to our world...

The latest report is that the investigators did find suicide notes in his cell. One was addressed to the public, two to specific people?  I thought it was fishy but there should have been a camera in his cell in solitary confinement.  That should have all of the answers in my opinion.  I know family, friends, his agent and attorney were questioning him committing suicide and that it was possible murder.  The tape should show imo.  What he did was completely wrong.  He lived the thug life over making millions playing a sport he loved.  I feel bad for his daughter.  He became a very selfish person over the past 4 years. 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/aaron-hernandez-death-autopsy-ruled-suicide-prison/

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The latest report is that the investigators did find suicide notes in his cell. One was addressed to the public, two to specific people?  I thought it was fishy but there should have been a camera in his cell in solitary confinement.  That should have all of the answers in my opinion.  I know family, friends, his agent and attorney were questioning him committing suicide and that it was possible murder.  The tape should show imo.  What he did was completely wrong.  He lived the thug life over making millions playing a sport he loved.  I feel bad for his daughter.  He became a very selfish person over the past 4 years. 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/aaron-hernandez-death-autopsy-ruled-suicide-prison/

They can't put a camera in every cell.   It's prison.  He was in a cell by himself.  It's pretty obvious suicide unless you think the guards killed him

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, bababooey said:

She's probably better off with just the money and not having to visit her scumbag dad in prison for the next 50 years.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, SteelDragon said:

If I understand correctly, a quirky rule on the Massachusetts lawbooks essentially exonerates a defendant at the time of death. In the eyes of the Massachusetts courts, Hernandez is an innocent man because he did not get a chance to appeal. Therefore, the remains of his once formidable fortune are not subjected to civil lawsuits, leaving his daughter and Fiancee a great deal of money and whats left of his once great accomplishments.Perhaps he delayed killing himself because his lawyers were confident he would be acquitted and he wanted that acquittal for what's left of his reputation? ...All conjecture on my part

I don't think there was that much money left. He put his unpaid house up for sale and had a very long list if debt collectors. Add that to what the lawyers took and I highly doubt there was a lot of money left. I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about him not having enough funds to continue paying all of his lawyers that were hired.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, jvan1973 said:

A civil lawsuit can go to the supreme court.   I have no idea if he has any money left though

I was thinking the same thing. With all the money he paid for his defense and he did have to sell his house what some think is a lot of money may not be true. I know the Pats signed him to a 40 million dollar contract but how much of that money did he actually get?

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think there was that much money left. He put his unpaid house up for sale and had a very long list if debt collectors. Add that to what the lawyers took and I highly doubt there was a lot of money left. I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about him not having enough funds to continue paying all of his lawyers that were hired.

If Aaron is cleared of charges post-humously, the Patriots may be on the hook for the guaranteed portion of his contract

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, corgi said:

I imagine his daughter will grow up hating him, which is a very unfortunate hand to be dealt.

Honestly, my father died the same way.. in solitary however. The last time I saw him.. he was in a hospital bed, marks from hanging shown on his neck, and the officer right beside him if he ever regained consciousness to take him right back. This is a terrible way to go. I can't imagine what my father, or Aaron's last thoughts were. I grew up not hating my father.. I just tried to do everything in my life NOT to be like him. It has strengthened me, and I pray for the same for his precious little daughter. I couldn't imagine being taking away from my 4 year old forever..

Lesson learned here is, everyone has a choice. Some choices we make are good and some are bad. Try to learn from the bad ones and ALWAYS make good choices haha...when you can

15 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They can't put a camera in every cell.   It's prison.  He was in a cell by himself.  It's pretty obvious suicide unless you think the guards killed him

I worked in a prison here in Illinois.  Every cell in solitary confinement had a camera in it.  Maybe it's different in that state.  I know that some fishy stuff goes on in prisons(around here anyways), I am sure it's the same in other states.  I am not saying an inmate or guard did anything, he probably did commit suicide.  My point is his family, his agent and his lawyer all didn't think he'd commit suicide.  If their was a camera in his cell all of the answers are on it.  That's all I was meaning by what I said.  Plus it came out yesterday that he left 3 suicide notes so I am sure it's legit. 

5 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

If Aaron is cleared of charges post-humously, the Patriots may be on the hook for the guaranteed portion of his contract

Not only that, but his family should also be eligible for his NFL pension since he played for the 3 seasons needed. In the grand scheme of things he might have done this just to try and ensure a better life for his daughter. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Not only that, but his family should also be eligible for his NFL pension since he played for the 3 seasons needed. In the grand scheme of things he might have done this just to try and ensure a better life for his daughter. 

I assume his family will be sued for any money they get from the Pats.  

I know i would sue for it.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I assume his family will be sued for any money they get from the Pats.  

I know i would sue for it.  

They can try and sue for the guaranteed portion of his money from the Pats (which AH's estate is unlikely to get anyways), but it sounds like his pension is safe. Pensions are apparently safe from most creditors, including civil judgments against defendants due to something called the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Not too familiar with it myself, being Canadian and all. Just going off what I have read. 

6 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

They would have gotten the pension even if he were alive

On 4/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

6 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

26 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

They can try and sue for the guaranteed portion of his money from the Pats (which AH's estate is unlikely to get anyways), but it sounds like his pension is safe. Pensions are apparently safe from most creditors, including civil judgments against defendants due to something called the Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Not too familiar with it myself, being Canadian and all. Just going off what I have read. 

If I was a betting man, I would say a conversation took place between Hernandez and his lawyers that went something like this:

Lawyer:  "This is a big step.  If you are truly innocent, you might be a free man in the future.  Of course, then you'll have to deal with all the civil lawsuits, and end up broke and like OJ anyway.  But if you are guilty, and you care about your family, here is the best case scenario: You die in prison before you have exhausted all legal options, the charges get vacated, and your daughter is guaranteed X amount of money, safe from litigation."  (I also get my cut of that NFL money, heh heh heh :76evil:)

Hernandez:  "Got it."

I also read that Hernandez shoved stuff into the cell-door to keep the guards from coming in.  I think that rules out any conspiracy involving him being murdered and framed for suicide.

As they always say:  Follow the money.

The daughter might be better off now.  Hopefully there is a college trust fund and a respectable step-father in her future.  But if her mother dated someone like Hernandez in the first place... and then stood by him after what he did... it might be an uphill battle her whole life with a mother like that.

On 4/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, bababooey said:

Not my quote

"I think he had resigned himself to a guilty verdict in the double homicide and when he was acquitted the reality of just how incredibly stupid the Odin Lloyd murder was finally hit him like a ton of bricks and he couldn't bear it. Remember, the motive in the Odin Lloyd trial was that Hernandez was worried Lloyd might have been talking to people about the exact double homicide he was just found not guilty of. So he basically killed a guy, his future sister in-law's boyfriend no less, because he was worried about him possibly talking about other murders he ended up getting away with. He openly cried in court last week, something he did not really do in the first trial. I think he had already played the possible outcomes out in his head, and like I said earlier, was resigned to a guilty verdict. Had he been found guilty i think it would have in someway justified the Lloyd murder in his head or at least not changed his mental status quo. When he ended up being found not guilty it added so much more pain and self hatred to his decisions involving Lloyd that he simply could not deal with the stress anymore."

They were working on this acquittal as the foundation for his appeal of the Lloyd conviction. 

I doubt guilt had anything to do with his actions.  I think his lawyers clued him into a legal loophole to get his daughter some guaranteed money and he wouldn't have to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with what he did, but it saved the taxpayers some money, and might have been the best thing he could do for his daughter.

15 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If I was a betting man, I would say a conversation took place between Hernandez and his lawyers that went something like this:

Lawyer:  "This is a big step.  If you are truly innocent, you might be a free man in the future.  Of course, then you'll have to deal with all the civil lawsuits, and end up broke and like OJ anyway.  But if you are guilty, and you care about your family, here is the best case scenario: You die in prison before you have exhausted all legal options, the charges get vacated, and your daughter is guaranteed X amount of money, safe from litigation."  (I also get my cut of that NFL money, heh heh heh :76evil:)

Hernandez:  "Got it."

I also read that Hernandez shoved stuff into the cell-door to keep the guards from coming in.  I think that rules out any conspiracy involving him being murdered and framed for suicide.

As they always say:  Follow the money.

The daughter might be better off now.  Hopefully there is a college trust fund and a respectable step-father in her future.  But if her mother dated someone like Hernandez in the first place... and then stood by him after what he did... it might be an uphill battle her whole life with a mother like that.

Maybe if his attorney was Saul Goodman.   His three year pension is peanuts a month

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I doubt guilt had anything to do with his actions.  I think his lawyers clued him into a legal loophole to get his daughter some guaranteed money and he wouldn't have to rot in prison for the rest of his life.

I don't agree with what he did, but it saved the taxpayers some money, and might have been the best thing he could do for his daughter.

How much money do you think a three year pension is worth a month?

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe if his attorney was Saul Goodman.   His three year pension is peanuts a month

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If trying to guarantee some money for his daughter, even if it's peanuts, isn't the reason for what he did, after being acquitted and having a chance at freedom, then what could possibly be the reason for what he did?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I came across this number in my travels earlier. Not 100% sure how reliable this is as most other reports are saying that the amounts are unknown. I take it with a grain of salt. If it is that much then its relatively good. 

"Hernandez’s daughter would get $9,000 per month for the first four years, then $4,400 per month until age 19 – or age 23 if she enrolls in college."

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Questions-Linger-Regarding-Aaron-Hernandezs-NFL-Pension-420011713.html

15 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I came across this number in my travels earlier. Not 100% sure how reliable this is as most other reports are saying that the amounts are unknown. I take it with a grain of salt. If it is that much then its relatively good. 

"Hernandez’s daughter would get $9,000 per month for the first four years, then $4,400 per month until age 19 – or age 23 if she enrolls in college."

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Questions-Linger-Regarding-Aaron-Hernandezs-NFL-Pension-420011713.html

This says the pension is 470 a month for every year they played in the league.  His pension is peanuts

http://blog.futureadvisor.com/nfl-players-must-go-long-on-retirement/