Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

CR91

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

Wow. I know it's bad and all but if there was a time to kill yourself, this would've been it. He wasn't gonna ever see the light of day again. Still sad nonetheless

ive always found that phrase ironic.... given that they are required to have so much time a day in outside in the yard.  Unless in solitary, which he was in general population.

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

Wow. I know it's bad and all but if there was a time to kill yourself, this would've been it. He wasn't gonna ever see the light of day again. Still sad nonetheless

Not my quote

"I think he had resigned himself to a guilty verdict in the double homicide and when he was acquitted the reality of just how incredibly stupid the Odin Lloyd murder was finally hit him like a ton of bricks and he couldn't bear it. Remember, the motive in the Odin Lloyd trial was that Hernandez was worried Lloyd might have been talking to people about the exact double homicide he was just found not guilty of. So he basically killed a guy, his future sister in-law's boyfriend no less, because he was worried about him possibly talking about other murders he ended up getting away with. He openly cried in court last week, something he did not really do in the first trial. I think he had already played the possible outcomes out in his head, and like I said earlier, was resigned to a guilty verdict. Had he been found guilty i think it would have in someway justified the Lloyd murder in his head or at least not changed his mental status quo. When he ended up being found not guilty it added so much more pain and self hatred to his decisions involving Lloyd that he simply could not deal with the stress anymore."

They were working on this acquittal as the foundation for his appeal of the Lloyd conviction. 

I got a beep on my phone about 5am saying this. What a tragedy from top to bottom. God gives him superior talent to be a professional athlete but he threw it away. it goes back to his youth and the lack of positive role models. Don't get me wrong, its all on him but it just seems some players cannot give up the "thug" life

Just plain sad

Sad to hear. I think the quote that Bababooey posted above has some truth to it. He was found not guilty for the double homicide but still was serving a life sentence for killing the man who was talking about Hernandez's involvement in the double homicide. He did most likely feel that he shouldn't have killed Lloyd or else he would have been a free man. This was his way out of the mess, end his own life.

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Saw on the ticker that his agent and even his lawyer may be claiming/suggesting/looking into the hanging not as suicide, but as a possible murder...

I was unable to read any further details, as the filter here at work blocked the article, so, if anyone cares to expand...

I think I read articles a few weeks ago that said he was constantly getting beat up by other inmates

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think I read articles a few weeks ago that said he was constantly getting beat up by other inmates

Interesting...

Not that I'm not buying any of these claims now that Hernandez was a victim. However, I will say that prison life has been so 'dramatized' and even 'romanticized' in tv and film, that it makes you wonder what really goes on, on the inside. Therefore, I can see where a guy like Hernandez could've been a target for several reasons...

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

No surprise as it may have hit him finally how much he threw away. Ironic, the Pats will be celebrating at the White Hose today.

He planned to go out on the day of the visit no doubt.  Still stubborn and arrogant til the end.  The guy commanded way more control of everything than what any person gets, even in death.

Good riddance.  

5 hours ago, corgi said:

I imagine his daughter will grow up hating him, which is a very unfortunate hand to be dealt.

Or fortunate if you're the daughter of a *.  Despite poplar opinion, many kids grow up just fine in broken households because the * parent(s) aren't around to provide a bad influence.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Or fortunate if you're the daughter of a *.  Despite poplar opinion, many kids grow up just fine in broken households because the * parent(s) aren't around to provide a bad influence.

She's probably better off with just the money and not having to visit her scumbag dad in prison for the next 50 years.

6 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Kind of hard to feel sorry for him. I do feel for his daughter though.

I agree with you here.  Some people are saying this is sad.  I have absolutely no sympathy for Hernandez.  He had amazing talent and decided to waste all of it.  I don't feel sorry or bad for him one bit

13 minutes ago, bababooey said:

She's probably better off with just the money and not having to visit her scumbag dad in prison for the next 50 years.

I say brainwash her into thinking that astronaut John Glenn was her grandfather and that she inherited a lot of his qualities.  

Come to think of it, that would help a lot of kids actually......

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree with you here.  Some people are saying this is sad.  I have absolutely no sympathy for Hernandez.  He had amazing talent and decided to waste all of it.  I don't feel sorry for bad for him one bit

I'm with you.  I was actually quite disgusted with ESPN radio this morning on my way to work.   They all talked of how much of a tragedy this was.  The guy was a murderer, I'm not feeling sorry for him.   I'm happy he is dead just as I am that the Facebook killer killed himself.   

If I understand correctly, a quirky rule on the Massachusetts lawbooks essentially exonerates a defendant at the time of death. In the eyes of the Massachusetts courts, Hernandez is an innocent man because he did not get a chance to appeal. Therefore, the remains of his once formidable fortune are not subjected to civil lawsuits, leaving his daughter and Fiancee a great deal of money and whats left of his once great accomplishments.Perhaps he delayed killing himself because his lawyers were confident he would be acquitted and he wanted that acquittal for what's left of his reputation? ...All conjecture on my part

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Eh my crappy dad was around and while I resent him, I myself am a good father. That's not saying that I didn't/don't still have issues associated with that though. Also many kids don't grow up fine. It's very hard to comprehend why you were robbed of a stable and decent childhood. 

19 minutes ago, corgi said:

Eh my crappy dad was around and while I resent him, I myself am a good father. That's not saying that I didn't/don't still have issues associated with that though. Also many kids don't grow up fine. It's very hard to comprehend why you were robbed of a stable and decent childhood. 

I suppose it always sad when a child loses their father.  But are we looking at the father for what he was or what a father should be, our image of an ideal father?  Considering who Aaron Hernandez was for a long time, his daughter probably never had that ideal father, so she didn't lose one.  She is probably a lot better off not having her real father in her life, to be candid.

8 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I got a beep on my phone about 5am saying this. What a tragedy from top to bottom. God gives him superior talent to be a professional athlete but he threw it away. it goes back to his youth and the lack of positive role models. Don't get me wrong, its all on him but it just seems some players cannot give up the "thug" life

Just plain sad

Or he was just a psychopath 

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

People joking about death. What has this world come to. 

He was another human being. His life went astray and now it's done. Like others have said, a complete tragedy. 

He took the lives of others.   He gets no sympathy from me.  My only sympathy is for his daughter