Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts War Room

Hey all! I have not seen anyone mention it yet so I thought I would bring it up. The Path To The Draft on NFL Network will be going inside the Colts War Room tomorrow night at 6. I am interested what these guys have to say since there is so much uncertainty in this years draft with Ballard, what he did in FA, and the needs we have or if we go BPA, OvsD, etc. Guess we will find out tomorrow night!

9 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

If someone could summarise the goings on and post them for those of us in the wrong country for the NFL network, that would be great

It wasn't what I expected.  They didnt literally mean inside the war room. Really all they did was recap the season, recap additions/losses, then projected a few players as good fits (Cook, Rasul Douglas, Alex Anzalone). They also showed some guy named Andrew Williamson or something as a starting safety which means they didn't even do enough research to know Butler would be moving there.

5 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

It wasn't what I expected.  They didnt literally mean inside the war room. Really all they did was recap the season, recap additions/losses, then projected a few players as good fits (Cook, Rasul Douglas, Alex Anzalone). They also showed some guy named Andrew Williamson or something as a starting safety which means they didn't even do enough research to know Butler would be moving there.

Ya no kidding I thought the same thing. It was kinda a let down but oh well. I guess we will just have to wait one more week till we actually know who we get. They also had Margus Hunt starting on our D-line.

I just watched some videos on Rasul Douglas on Draft Breakdown and on first impression I would like to think that we could find a better corner in the draft. He made some nice plays but he is easily blocked by wr's and doesn't always engage in contact  which leads to big plays bc he doesn't make a tackle when in position. I wanted to watch video on Anzalone but draft breakdown didn't have any video on him.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'd take Cook over Mcaffery tbh but I don't get why they gave us Douglas when they had Awuzie right above him. Anzalone wouldn't be a bad pick but his injury history scares me. I'd give it a 5/10. 

Cook 3/10, Douglas 1/10, Anzalone 4/10... average... 2.67/10 and as a combination of the 3 - utter disaster.

29 minutes ago, stitches said:

Cook 3/10, Douglas 1/10, Anzalone 4/10... average... 2.67/10 and as a combination of the 3 - utter disaster.

What they should've did was something they did for the Colts a few weeks ago. They gave us Alvin Kamara in the 2nd round and had us getting Barnett in the 1st. They Could've gave us Reddick in the 1st, Kamara in the 2nd, and a CB in the 3rd; maybe Griffin, Lewis, or still Douglas.

Saw it. . . Not liking their picks.  

We need a RB but we don't necessarily need a star.  It would be nice but we are a top 10 offense without a star at RB.  

We need some freaking stars on defense.  Because we are one of the worst defenses in the league and our star player (Davis) hasn't even been playing that well as of late.  

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Saw it. . . Not liking their picks.  

We need a RB but we don't necessarily need a star.  It would be nice but we are a top 10 offense without a star at RB.  

We need some freaking stars on defense.  Because we are one of the worst defenses in the league and our star player (Davis) hasn't even been playing that well as of late.  

Our offense needs another dynamic threat.  Settling for mediocrity at RB is what would keep our offense's ceiling at borderline top 10. That's not good enough when you have Andrew Luck and TY Hilton.

Edit: forgot to mention that upgrading the right side of the OL obviously would go a long way with helping that as well.

1 hour ago, bananabucket said:

Our offense needs another dynamic threat.  Settling for mediocrity at RB is what would keep our offense's ceiling at borderline top 10. That's not good enough when you have Andrew Luck and TY Hilton.

Edit: forgot to mention that upgrading the right side of the OL obviously would go a long way with helping that as well.

Agreed. That's why I wouldn't be upset if they drafted Forrest Lamp round 1 and then got a RB like Kamara or Foreman to pair with him. 

On 4/21/2017 at 6:46 PM, bananabucket said:

Not at the cost of a dynamic threat on defense we don't.  

And honestly we don't even really need a dynamic threat on offense.  A guy who can churn out 4 YPC with about 15 carries per game plus catch the ball reasonably well would do us quite well for the next couple years.  

We didn't miss the playoffs because our offense couldn't score.  We missed the playoffs because our defense couldn't even stop Brock Osweiller from scoring.