Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck looks thinner and positive

AustexColt

22 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Indy goes Lamp round 1 they should definitely trade down first and then draft him.15 is a bit high for a RG who played at a small school.

Western Kentucky isn't THAT small.     They played Alabama,  and Lamp stoned both of their OLB's,  Williams and Anderson.     It's not like Lamp hasn't been tested.

14 hours ago, BOTT said:

The offense they run make the lines look better, not their releases....notthat it hurts.

Right. I'm sure it kind of goes hand in hand. Peyton definitely has a quicker release tho. Allowing for him to get it out faster. But yes, Luck's release is plenty quick if we would run the right offense. Hopefully this year, we throw more dump off passes to open up the deep ball even more. 

On 4/18/2017 at 11:19 PM, a06cc said:

No it's not that's fat weight. Your hormones are at their peak when your 25. After such you lose that peak of gain pure muscle weight. You have 18% body fat and I have 3% I'll be 31 this year. 

While I agree with your second and third sentence, your claim of 3% is absolutely ridiculous. Generally, anything under 5% is impossible to maintain year round. I'll always find it amusing how people underestimate their body fat percentage.

53 minutes ago, Sterling Archer said:

While I agree with your second and third sentence, your claim of 3% is absolutely ridiculous. Generally, anything under 5% is impossible to maintain year round. I'll always find it amusing how people underestimate their body fat percentage.

I have 3% I was checked 2 days ago. I exercise every other day. I watch my calorie intake. It's not hard if your mother was a nutritionist. 

IMG_0015.JPG

5 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

No offense, but haha? Looks like 8-12% body fat to me! That looks nothing like what a 3% bf looks like!

helmut.jpgBqEvVdV.jpg

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

No flex from me. Again I was check 2 days ago. Doc said it was 3% and I'm 31 years of age.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

I have 3% I was checked 2 days ago. I exercise every other day. I watch my calorie intake. It's not hard if your mother was a nutritionist. 

IMG_0015.JPG

That's definitely not 3%. For starters, your abs are barely showing. I'm also a gym rat; I lift 7 days a week and watch my macros etc--I have a lot of buddies competing in bodybuilding comps. So I've very familiar with this type of stuff. It is incredibly difficult to even attain 3% body fat....let alone maintain it year round. The fact that your mother is a nutritionist is irrelevant. Nutrition isn't rocket science. Don't get me wrong, you have a solid body. However, absolutely no way that's 3%. How exactly did your doctor determine your body fat % anyways? I'm assuming he just eye checked it. I have a very similar body to yours, ironically. And I know for a fact that I'm not 3%

2 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

That's definitely not 3%. For starters, your abs are barely showing. I'm also a gym rat; I lift 7 days a week and watch my macros etc--I have a lot of buddies competing in bodybuilding comps. So I've very familiar with this type of stuff. It is incredibly difficult to even attain 3% body fat....let alone maintain it year round. The fact that your mother is a nutritionist is irrelevant. Nutrition isn't rocket science. Don't get me wrong, you have a solid body. However, absolutely no way that's 3%. How exactly did your doctor determine your body fat % anyways? I'm assuming he just eye checked it. I have a very similar body to yours, ironically. And I know for a fact that I'm not 3%

He has a device to check it. I had him do it twice to make sure. The meter said 3 percent. I thought I was at 5-10 range. And my abs are showing in that picture. You can count them. Plus I bet I'm 10 times more cut than you.

9 hours ago, rock8591 said:

No offense, but haha? Looks like 8-12% body fat to me! That looks nothing like what a 3% bf looks like!

helmut.jpgBqEvVdV.jpg

This is what 3-4% bf looks like as reference.

munzer.jpg

Not 3% bf.

male-transformation-kamil-nicalek_b.jpg

I don't think that looks hot at all if someone gets that muscular.

If a dude is jacked up I like them to look like Lebron James or Kobe Bryant types.

Then again I understand those are the best athletes in the world and Kobe is 6'6 and Lebron is 6'9. So it's easier for them to look hot body wise over say a shorter guy who ends up looking all roided up.

Anyway whatever, no idea anymore what this topic is about and I was just kinda passing through without a care in the world........so don't mind me.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:28 PM, a06cc said:

After 25 your T levels drop 2% each year. 

Wayyy OT but that natural decline in testosterone levels typically occurs after age 30.  Not 25.  And typically, it's less than 2 percent.

Source: A doctor.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Lebron is 6'7.25'', not 6'9''. His draft profile states the former. We all know that basketball players are overlisted for height routinely.

He is probably more about 6'8. Shoes can make him probably around 6'9. Regardless, he is a big drink of water.

One who was actually understated in height listed was Kevin Garnett I think maybe, I once heard he was more 7 feet tall some claimed rather then 6'11 like listed.

13 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Wayyy OT but that natural decline in testosterone levels typically occurs after age 30.  Not 25.  And typically, it's less than 2 percent.

Source: A doctor.

So we have 3 more years of Luck until his testosterone decreases by about 1 to 2% when he turns 30.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:56 AM, D-lineman said:

For past three years I've railed against Grigson and the coaches for allowing Andrew Luck to takes beatings. He has been hit more than any other QB due to crap offensive line and too long pass routes by Chud Offense plays. 

Shorter pass routes like Patriots employ and at least one or two more stud lineman needed. Otherwise it does not matter how much better our defense is because number 12 will be sitting on the sidelines due to another serious injury.   if Luck is out, Colts are done.  You really want average lineman protecting him? 

So this is assuming that Lamp is ready to go once he is Drafted, It will take Lamp at least a half a year to adjust to the speed of the game and his assignment. The O-line the Colts have been using over the past few years have been flat out bad. Last 2 years draft the Colts did address the O-line and now that the O-line has at least been together for 2 years barring no injuries you have a good O-line, The Colts played out of position on the line most of last year. Their is a kid out of Indiana who can play Tackle or RG and will be available in the 2nd. With the signing of a of the FA list this past few days I could possibly see the colts looking to Draft a RB or CB, You made a valid point the colts need to play short ball to help keep luck off his back, they should of done this more the last couple of years and maybe luck could of avoided his injuries the past 2 season

15 hours ago, a06cc said:

He has a device to check it. I had him do it twice to make sure. The meter said 3 percent. I thought I was at 5-10 range. And my abs are showing in that picture. You can count them. Plus I bet I'm 10 times more cut than you.

If you would take the time to read, I did not deny that your abs are showing. I said they're barely showing, especially considering you're "3% body fat." Too bad your mother wasn't an English teacher. Perhaps she would have taught you basic reading comprehension skills. And settle down big boy. I would love to take your bet and prove you wrong, but this isn't a bodybuilding forum. Haha. To end the argument and refrain from staying off topic, we'll agree to disagree about your body fat. Good luck on your fitness goals my man.

2 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

If you would take the time to read, I did not deny that your abs are showing. I said they're barely showing, especially considering you're "3% body fat." Too bad your mother wasn't an English teacher. Perhaps she would have taught you basic reading comprehension skills. And settle down big boy. I would love to take your bet and prove you wrong, but this isn't a bodybuilding forum. Haha. To end the argument and refrain from staying off topic, we'll agree to disagree about your body fat. Good luck on your fitness goals my man.

To be fair, I probably started the argument by calling out his body fat percentage.

I'm not gonna lie, my thoughts still stand. My gut reaction tells me that he has 8-12% body fat.

3 hours ago, Sterling Archer said:

I showed mine, you show yours. Speaking of English. The "haha" you used isn't a sentence. Thus the need for a period after such isn't needed. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He hasn't really been able to work out his upper body since the start of the year.  Him being thinner is not unexpected.

At least he isn't chowing down and putting on weight.  That would be far more concerning

22 hours ago, a06cc said:

This is 3% bf. This is also before competition after shedding.

KiHMMsb.jpg

You are in great shape,   But you are not 3% bf.  Anything under 5% is dangerous.   No one should ever attempt maintaining out

On 4/21/2017 at 2:52 AM, Jules said:

So we have 3 more years of Luck until his testosterone decreases by about 1 to 2% when he turns 30.

This literally made me lol because it was one of the most creative ways to bring a thread back on topic.

Well done, Jules.  Very well done.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:23 PM, rock8591 said:

LOL at the 3%. If I had a penny every time I heard that online, I'd be rich. It's not even humanly possible for a person to be at 3% for a few hours and not be in a coma.

If people don't want to be called liars, they shouldn't lie.

This is what a legit 18% and 190 lbs looks like at average height, despite the way people lie about their body fat percent. Most personal trainers at clubs like LA Fitness, Golds Gym, Crunch are between 11-16% bf.

c9bb20473a55270fcbb59c3ff813a93c.jpgMark+Wahlberg+Mark+Wahlberg+Dwayne+Johnsdwayne-johnson-mark-wahlberg-pain0gain-s

Didn't Edge report to the Colts his rookie year at 2%. Dude was a specimen.

Andrew Luck gives all appearances of being a person who believes in being positive. This is a very valuable trait (I wish I had) that serves him well. Everyone gives the Colts no chance to win the Superbowl. I have some thoughts that I'm busting to foist onto the reader. Just a quick eval pre draft. The offensive key is good health and the O-line progression. Imagine Andrew standing back there with time. Mange' time. They would score a bundle of points. The D will be really good with these bodies and a couple three good draft picks. I think Chuck will coach them up one side and down the other. I think innovation could help such as what I'm hearing about some safety play at the linebacker position on passing downs. Geathers would be really good at covering tight ends (along with several of the possible safeties in the draft). These things can happen and with the Colts scoring potential, I think of Mr. Luck getting hot over a short series and becomes nearly unbeatable.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:52 AM, Jules said:

Does that mean his beard won't grow as well? LOL. Why are we looking at men's boobs anyway?

On 4/20/2017 at 8:08 PM, a06cc said:

There is nothing wrong with being 10-15% body fat man. I mean who would even want to be at 3% body fat? It's sickening IMO. You look healthy. If you were at 3% you would have a clear cut 8 pack, veins popping out everywhere, and would not have wouldn't even want to be 3% body fat. I'm at 12% and I'm completely satisfied with that. I think 3% body fat looks bad personally. 

You are bulkier than I am(more muscle), but my abs are clearer and I have a 12 % body fat. If you can clearly see the bottom two abs, you aren't below 11% body fat. 

Maybe Luck is becoming anorexic. It can happen to men too. He has been seen rumor is by a guy who knows someone who knows someone that he is refusing food. Thoughts?

I am joking btw, omg this thread is a riot. lmao 

On 4/21/2017 at 6:16 PM, jvan1973 said:

This is 3% bf. This is also before competition after shedding.

KiHMMsb.jpg

You are in great shape,   But you are not 3% bf.  Anything under 5% is dangerous.   No one should ever attempt maintaining out

That's more like 6% bf.

A legit 3% will look highly deformed if not borderline disfigured. Bones would be showing, spine would be showing, body would look dehydrated. Look at how exposed the quads are - looks like giant Walmart turkey legs for $5 on sale.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah I would have to agree, 3% body fat is just not a good look.  Bodybuilding overall has changed a lot over the years.  I thought during the days of Arnold and Lou going head-to-head those were the golden days.  Those guys were in shape, big and strong, but they didn't look deformed.  They still looked healthy and they weren't dehydrating themselves to do it.  Now if you can't count the number of striations in each muscle you're "too fat".  Some have even died from dehydration. It's sad really.