Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck looks thinner and positive

AustexColt

Appreciate his sharing on the chronology of his injury and his attitude to patiently await till the doctor releases him at 100%.  I am surprised given the chronology that Irsay retained Grigson and Pagano, because they definitely failed in protecting Andrew. For Grigson and Pagano Coaching they exposed him to being injured, and that is outright IRRESPONSIBLE.

Let us hope that we don't relive this behaviour this season.

If Andrew is 100% and he stays that way throughout the season, I see us definitely regaining the division and going deep into the playoffs.

He's definitely lost at least 20lbs, but that will happen when you cant workout for 4 months. Fortunately, muscle memory is a heck of a thing. Once he heals, hell be able to do more workout wise than he probably did all of last year while he was hurting. He'll bounce back.

24 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Appreciate his sharing on the chronology of his injury and his attitude to patiently await till the doctor releases him at 100%.  I am surprised given the chronology that Irsay retained Grigson and Pagano, because they definitely failed in protecting Andrew. For Grigson and Pagano Coaching they exposed him to being injured, and that is outright IRRESPONSIBLE.

Let us hope that we don't relive this behaviour this season.

If Andrew is 100% and he stays that way throughout the season, I see us definitely regaining the division and going deep into the playoffs.

The offensive philosophy will continue.  Unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yup and that's why I've warmed up to taking OL in the 1st. 

Signing Hankins has to make everyone feel better. I have a feeling our first pick will be lamp. Without Hankins that probably wouldn't be so, but since we have him it just seems fitting to go Lamp round 1.

I would assume that he works out his legs still quite a bit. When he refers to doing nothing but rest and following doctors orders, he is referring to his shoulder. 20 pounds is A LOT of weight to lose. I'm sure he has lost a good 10-12 pounds. And I'm sure it was not all by accident. He will be just fine! 

26 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Signing Hankins has to make everyone feel better. I have a feeling our first pick will be lamp. Without Hankins that probably wouldn't be so, but since we have him it just seems fitting to go Lamp round 1.

I hope you God if we do go Lamp, we trade back first before taking him. 

I'd guess he's 225, down from his 240.      He can't do upper body weight work and likely won't be able to for a while longer.....

Not sure if he'll get back to 240 by the time the season starts,  but I suspect he'll put on enough to be OK...  he'll wear his flake jacket and that will help.

He'll be back to 240 by 2018 and hopefully,  by sometime this year as well....

55 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The offensive philosophy will continue.  Unfortunately 

Rob Chudzinski didn't get beaten around the head with a stupid stick.

He was smart when he was with Carolina,  and he was smart when he took over from Pep....

I think a fair amount of our troubles last year came from the OL.     It's hard to run a well designed and efficient offense with a bad OL and that's what the Colts had for the first 9-10 games.

I wasn't entirely happy with things,  even to the very end,   but on balance,  I liked much of what I saw in 2016 from Luck.

He put up his best numbers and Gore went over a 1,000 yards,  all with a terrible OL for more than half a season.    That's not a small accomplishment.

Putting that muscle mass on past the age of 25 is going to take sometime. He does look and apparently feels healthy. Now if he can get rid of the ball a second quicker then I know he'll have one heck of a season. A running game will also help him this season.

19 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Putting that muscle mass on past the age of 25 is going to take sometime. He does look and apparently feels healthy. Now if he can get rid of the ball a second quicker then I know he'll have one heck of a season. A running game will also help him this season.

Putting on muscle is WAY EASIER after 25 than before. When I graduated college at age 23, I was 5'9'' 105 lbs at 10% bf. I'd be eating 2-3 hot dogs before bed every night and not gain a pound, while sneezing would subtract pounds.

31 years old now, 190 lbs at 18% bf.

Most of my gains after age 28.

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

Putting on muscle is WAY EASIER after 25 than before. When I graduated college at age 23, I was 5'9'' 105 lbs at 10% bf.

No it's not that's fat weight. Your hormones are at their peak when your 25. After such you lose that peak of gain pure muscle weight. You have 18% body fat and I have 3% I'll be 31 this year. 

7 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No it's not that's fat weight. Your hormones are at their peak when your 25. After such you lose that peak of gain pure muscle weight. You have 18% body fat and I have 3% I'll be 31 this year. 

LOL at the 3%. If I had a penny every time I heard that online, I'd be rich. It's not even humanly possible for a person to be at 3% for a few hours and not be in a coma.

If people don't want to be called liars, they shouldn't lie.

This is what a legit 18% and 190 lbs looks like at average height, despite the way people lie about their body fat percent. Most personal trainers at clubs like LA Fitness, Golds Gym, Crunch are between 11-16% bf.

c9bb20473a55270fcbb59c3ff813a93c.jpgMark+Wahlberg+Mark+Wahlberg+Dwayne+Johnsdwayne-johnson-mark-wahlberg-pain0gain-s

12 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Putting on muscle is WAY EASIER after 25 than before. When I graduated college at age 23, I was 5'9'' 105 lbs at 10% bf.

You proved my point. You've gained 8% more in body fat. 

3 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

LOL at the 3%. If I had a penny every time I heard that online, I'd be rich.

This is what a legit 18% and 190 lbs looks like, despite the way people lie about their body fat percent. Most personal trainers at clubs like LA Fitness, Golds Gym, Crunch are between 11-16% bf.

c9bb20473a55270fcbb59c3ff813a93c.jpg

Nah I'm at 3%, my mother is a nutritionist. I know what to put in my body. Got it checked yesterday. I'm 5'10" and I weight 156.5. You proved my point because you've gained 8% body fat of the course of 8 years. After 25 your T levels drop 2% each year. 

2 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

His weight loss scares me a tad bit.  I know he hasn't been able to work out but I think he needs to put a little more weight/muscle.

Everyone in the Boston media was saying the exact same thing about Brady last season. And I know that they're completely different scenarios, but Luck looking trim is probably the least of my worries, I just want his shoulder to work properly.

6 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

LOL at the 3%. If I had a penny every time I heard that online, I'd be rich. It's not even humanly possible for a person to be at 3% for a few hours and not be in a coma.

If people don't want to be called liars, they shouldn't lie.

This is what a legit 18% and 190 lbs looks like at average height, despite the way people lie about their body fat percent. Most personal trainers at clubs like LA Fitness, Golds Gym, Crunch are between 11-16% bf.

c9bb20473a55270fcbb59c3ff813a93c.jpgMark+Wahlberg+Mark+Wahlberg+Dwayne+Johnsdwayne-johnson-mark-wahlberg-pain0gain-s

He looks fat in those pictures as well. But I'm not here to argue. I just want our guy healthy and ready. 

Just to close things out...to each his/her own opinion...

IMO it's easier to gain muscle and mass (in terms of pure muscle weight), but also easier to gain fat after 25.

Here's the same guy at a younger age, at 145 lbs or so and perhaps 8-11% bf, versus a higher 18% or so. It's clear his abs show much more, is more aesthetic, and obvious has a lower PERCENTAGE bf...but in no way does he have more muscle mass nor strength compared to the other photos.

46dc5dd45f8547fd9d08a9f499d20e9c.jpg

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

If Indy goes Lamp round 1 they should definitely trade down first and then draft him.15 is a bit high for a RG who played at a small school.

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Bodybuilders tend to shoot for 2% and 4% for a contest. But they don't dare stay that low after competition without compromising health and sanity. Are you a bodybuilder?

4 hours ago, BProland85 said:

If Indy goes Lamp round 1 they should definitely trade down first and then draft him.15 is a bit high for a RG who played at a small school.

If Lamp is rated as the #1 O-lineman in the draft and is who the Colts want, take him at #15.

For some reason this forum is possessed with trading down. Just because Ballard said trading down was an option does not mean he will gamble with a player he wants when draft time comes. Him being from a small school has no bearing if he is who the Colts want.

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Lamp is rated as the #1 O-lineman in the draft and is who the Colts want, take him at #15.

For some reason this forum is possessed with trading down. Just because Ballard said trading down was an option does not mean he will gamble with a player he wants when draft time comes. Him being from a small school has no bearing if he is who the Colts want.

It's a big game of cat and mouse, you want to get your top ranked guy on the big board, but as low as possible depending on where you think you can get him. A lot of this has to do with who you can trade down with, and if the teams in the middle of those picks have a need for the guy you want. Denver sounds like a popular team we could trade down with (from pick #15-#20). The question is, could Lamp fall to 20 as well? Would there be a good backup option if he didn't? We don't even know the first 14 picks yet, so there's little to no information to base this off of. Depending on who's left (Christian McCaffrey), I'd make a trade offer, but you don't know until the time comes. There's also a thread I'm going to make with a poll about this type of situation to see what people would do.

7 hours ago, a06cc said:

Pics of 3 % or I call bull (like it usually is with these claims).

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Putting on muscle is WAY EASIER after 25 than before. When I graduated college at age 23, I was 5'9'' 105 lbs at 10% bf. I'd be eating 2-3 hot dogs before bed every night and not gain a pound, while sneezing would subtract pounds.

Your picture looks like Vince Neil from Motley Crue on his way to the shooting range

For past three years I've railed against Grigson and the coaches for allowing Andrew Luck to takes beatings. He has been hit more than any other QB due to crap offensive line and too long pass routes by Chud Offense plays. 

Shorter pass routes like Patriots employ and at least one or two more stud lineman needed. Otherwise it does not matter how much better our defense is because number 12 will be sitting on the sidelines due to another serious injury.   if Luck is out, Colts are done.  You really want average lineman protecting him? 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's a big game of cat and mouse, you want to get your top ranked guy on the big board, but as low as possible depending on where you think you can get him. A lot of this has to do with who you can trade down with, and if the teams in the middle of those picks have a need for the guy you want. Denver sounds like a popular team we could trade down with (from pick #15-#20). The question is, could Lamp fall to 20 as well? Would there be a good backup option if he didn't? We don't even know the first 14 picks yet, so there's little to no information to base this off of. Depending on who's left (Christian McCaffrey), I'd make a trade offer, but you don't know until the time comes. There's also a thread I'm going to make with a poll about this type of situation to see what people would do.

If there are more than one or two players left that would make Ballard happy, it would make trading down more tolerable (and likely).

14 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

His weight loss scares me a tad bit.  I know he hasn't been able to work out but I think he needs to put a little more weight/muscle.

He'll be fine when he is ready to go -- he's kept himself in tip-top shape his whole life and he has professionals to help him with his diet/strength/conditioning/etc...

12 hours ago, a06cc said:

No it isn't.  He's a professional athlete with access to world-class gym equipment and NFL-level professionals to get him on the right diet/supplements and weight training regime.  Putting on weight after 25 isn't that difficult (fat or muscle), and doing so for someone who is a professional athlete isn't going to be a big challenge.

12 hours ago, a06cc said:

You aren't 3% body fat.  And hormones are different for everyone.  Luck has been training to be a world-class athlete since he was a young kid (he's got genes from a former professional athlete) and has been in world-class training environments since at least his days at Stanford.  His hormones are highly likely to be different from a forum-member.

34 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

He'll be fine when he is ready to go -- he's kept himself in tip-top shape his whole life and he has professionals to help him with his diet/strength/conditioning/etc...

No it isn't.  He's a professional athlete with access to world-class gym equipment and NFL-level professionals to get him on the right diet/supplements and weight training regime.  Putting on weight after 25 isn't that difficult (fat or muscle), and doing so for someone who is a professional athlete isn't going to be a big challenge.

You aren't 3% body fat.  And hormones are different for everyone.  Luck has been training to be a world-class athlete since he was a young kid (he's got genes from a former professional athlete) and has been in world-class training environments since at least his days at Stanford.  His hormones are highly likely to be different from a forum-member.

No hormones drop after 25. Again I'm not argue, hope all is well for Luck for this season. 

That guy is straight up lying about being 3% body fat,  lol.  

But as an AnSci and Biology double major he's not wrong about the hormones and muscle gain.  Luck has already peaked hormone, and physical wise so it's technically harder for his body to put on lean mass with minimal "fat" gain.  

But the guy has world class staff,  doctors,  and fitness dudes so it's a non issue.  It's not like he's 32+ years old yet.  He'll be fine 

48 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No hormones drop after 25. Again I'm not argue, hope all is well for Luck for this season. 

Impossible to maintain 3% body fat.   Body builders drop to about 5% before competition and that is unhealthy and can be dangerous.  

5 hours ago, D-lineman said:

For past three years I've railed against Grigson and the coaches for allowing Andrew Luck to takes beatings. He has been hit more than any other QB due to crap offensive line and too long pass routes by Chud Offense plays. 

Shorter pass routes like Patriots employ and at least one or two more stud lineman needed. Otherwise it does not matter how much better our defense is because number 12 will be sitting on the sidelines due to another serious injury.   if Luck is out, Colts are done.  You really want average lineman protecting him? 

I think a QB with a quick release like Peyton and Brady can make an Offensive line look a lot better than they really are. If we ran more screens and crossing routes like you said, defenses would likely pressure us less. I have no idea why we don't throw short passes more often with the quick receivers that we have.

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I think a QB with a quick release like Peyton and Brady can make an Offensive line look a lot better than they really are. If we ran more screens and crossing routes like you said, defenses would likely pressure us less. I have no idea why we don't throw short passes more often with the quick receivers that we have.

The offense they run make the lines look better, not their releases....notthat it hurts.

10 hours ago, D-lineman said:

Chuck like long ball.