Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Welcome to the Colts Jonathan Hankins

Nesjan3

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

if he gets convicted of a felony its over

Honestly, if he doesn't have a prior record, I see prosecutors accepting a plea deal, at the most it'll be a misdemeanor. I think at this point the colts retain him thru this year, and for sure thru training camp at the minimum 

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, if he doesn't have a prior record, I see prosecutors accepting a plea deal, at the most it'll be a misdemeanor. I think at this point the colts retain him thru this year, and for sure thru training camp at the minimum 

I saw the arrest video, he was totally drunk and hammered. i.e.

"who did I have auto theft with?"

"was the golf cart cooperative with you officer?"

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Naw these aren't the type of charges he can get a slap on the wrist for he may do some time maybe like a month or 2 but I think he will get cut anyway

31 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Naw these aren't the type of charges he can get a slap on the wrist for he may do some time maybe like a month or 2 but I think he will get cut anyway

Hankins Woods and McGill will all see time at NT. I think Parry is gone too. He's JAG no reason to put up with that nonsense. 

Woods is better vs the run and offers position flexibility. I'm not sure why McGill never saw more time He seems to make things happen when he gets time. He has one more career sack than Parry in a lot fewer chances.  

7 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Ive got 13 years law enforcement experience, you'd be surprised to learn just how easy it is for a plea deal these days....., if he has no priors, he'll get a heavy fine, plus pay damages and a ton of community service but highly unlikely he does time. 

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Ive got 13 years law enforcement experience, you'd be surprised to learn just how easy it is for a plea deal these days....., if he has no priors, he'll get a heavy fine, plus pay damages and a ton of community service but highly unlikely he does time. 

I agree. I've seen cases where people serve 5 years for attempted murder, 15 years for murder.

And as for misdemeanors...it's very rare for someone not to receive pre-trial diversion on a 1st or 2nd offense. Lots of them are "notices to appear" which are essential arrests via citation instead of booking process.

And not every state "convicts" people. You can have a person plead guilty but have "adjudication withheld", which preserves a person's civil rights as well as making him eligible for having a case sealed/expunged after a certain number of years.

Etc, etc, etc.

22 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I saw the arrest video, he was totally drunk and hammered. i.e.

"who did I have auto theft with?"

"was the golf cart cooperative with you officer?"

I am not so sure (at his size) you can get that "drunk".... he was clueless as to what was happening.

Ridiculous behavior....

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Enough alcohol can get anyone blackout. 

Right.. but he didn't black out (I think pass out when blacking out, fyi)... he was just out of it mentally and it seemed like maybe more than just a bottle of liquor or a cooler full of beers... 

Trust me, I have had my days with alcohol and I was never in that kind of shape, and neither was anyone I hung with.. I am not saying you are wrong, but that whole situation seemed weird......

Alcohol may have been the culprit.  I don't mean to speculate, I just think he was beyond only being drunk... who knows

On 4/19/2017 at 8:48 PM, BR-549 said:

Right.. but he didn't black out (I think pass out when blacking out, fyi)... he was just out of it mentally and it seemed like maybe more than just a bottle of liquor or a cooler full of beers... 

Trust me, I have had my days with alcohol and I was never in that kind of shape, and neither was anyone I hung with.. I am not saying you are wrong, but that whole situation seemed weird......

Alcohol may have been the culprit.  I don't mean to speculate, I just think he was beyond only being drunk... who knows

Alcohol affects everyone differently