Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Brady Lost His Drive?

cokomenow

I have been rumbling through the Patriots forum, and this is what a poster said:

"I agree. I have posted that I am so ready to see this era end. This Tom Brady is too erudite, too civilized. The hunger is gone. The cool customer of '01 to '05 has been replaced by a non clutch, often skittish version of his former self. Every season ends the same. He is done with the Championship era of his career....and the fault lies with him. He just resembles the former Tom Brady too much for us all to see it."

Agree? Disagree?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Tom Brady, even in his SB winning days never had to overcome a deficit of more than 3 in the last couple of minutes in a postseason game, EVER!!! A fact that few noticed.

He just has not had favorable field position generated by his D with ample turnovers and punts like the early 2000s!!!

It makes a QB's job much easier when he has a shorter field. You can be good in flashes but for the most part, field position and time of possession battles won end up winning the game for you!!!

In this SB, because the Pats had to protect their secondary, they had to stop the Giants' running game with their front 7 and that led to a 37-23 TOP advantage for the Giants!!! Belichick did not have to play that way earlier when his vaunted D of vets gave his QB the ball back ample times and generated good field position several times.

I saw that too. I went on their forum just to see what they were saying and I was surprised at how many people were saying they need to get rid of Brady/Brady's career is over/Brady isn't any good anymore. Let's not forget this guy threw just 4 picks a few years ago. He can still play at a very high level and is one of the top QBs in the league. A few of them wanted to get rid of Belichick too..

He hasn't lost his drive he lost his defense. They have become what the old Colts teams used to be with Peyton. A bend don't break defense that depends on Brady to score TDs while they hold the other team to field goals and Brady has run into the same problem Peyton used to run into when he would match up with other elite QBs with good defenses, having a great QB alone is not enough.

I saw that too. I went on their forum just to see what they were saying and I was surprised at how many people were saying they need to get rid of Brady/Brady's career is over/Brady isn't any good anymore. Let's not forget this guy threw just 4 picks a few years ago. He can still play at a very high level and is one of the top QBs in the league. A few of them wanted to get rid of Belichick too..

I'll take him if Pats fans don't want him anymore...I mean Belichick can come run our defense if he wants. Heck we might even be able to find a job for Brady as our third string QB behind Peyton and Luck :).

On a serious note Brady is not the main reason they lost. Frankly from that drive at the end of the half threw the third quarter he was unreal. Then the Giants adjusted and the pass rush started to to get to Brady. IF Peyton lives in BB head (reference to what people said after the 4th and 2 play) then the Giants pass rush lives in Brady's.

I'll take him if Pats fans don't want him anymore...I mean Belichick can come run our defense if he wants. Heck we might even be able to find a job for Brady as our third string QB behind Peyton and Luck :).

On a serious note Brady is not the main reason they lost. Frankly from that drive at the end of the half threw the third quarter he was unreal. Then the Giants adjusted and the pass rush started to to get to Brady. IF Peyton lives in BB head (reference to what people said after the 4th and 2 play) then the Giants pass rush lives in Brady's.

I would love to have Belichick on our side

He hasn't lost his drive he lost his defense. They have become what the old Colts teams used to be with Peyton. A bend don't break defense that depends on Brady to score TDs while they hold the other team to field goals and Brady has run into the same problem Peyton used to run into when he would match up with other elite QBs with good defenses, having a great QB alone is not enough.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head

I think now Patriots fans get a taste of what Colts fans have been used to seeing for the most part of Mannings career. Especially 09 10 and this year.

These are the Pats fans that are much like the Colts fans that either were not around for the bad times or have blocked those times from their memory. Your team just lost the Super Bowl. Yeah, it would have been better to win, but that's still a pretty darned good team. You don't want to gut that team and start over.

These are the Pats fans that are much like the Colts fans that either were not around for the bad times or have blocked those times from their memory. Your team just lost the Super Bowl. Yeah, it would have been better to win, but that's still a pretty darned good team. You don't want to gut that team and start over.

People say one of the biggest problems with their defense was too much youth and not enough experience. In another year or two, they'll have the experience

Maybe. I have also heard the idea floated out there that Belichick simply has not done a good job of drafting defensive players. They have not had a dominant defense since they lost the core veterans from the Parcells era. I think there could be some merit to that.

I honestly seen fear when they had a close up on Tom. I think it was their second to last drive. His eyes weren't right.

He was never the same after his shoulder got whacked. I think that bothered him more than he let on. Had it not been a Super Bowl I think that might have knocked Brady out of the game.

I'll take him if Pats fans don't want him anymore...I mean Belichick can come run our defense if he wants.

Heck we might even be able to find a job for Brady as our third string QB behind Peyton and Luck :).

That's funny!

How quickly fans turn on players. It is totally laughable that some Pats fans are ready to turn the page on the Brady era. The guy was one drop pass by Welker away from being in position to ice the game. The guy was fired up and showed fire in his belly after that touchdown pass to Woodhead.

Here is an idea for the Pats. How about instead of turning the pgae on the Brady/BB era you get Brady a real outside WR he can throw to. You give him a guy who can stretch the field to let Welker, Gronk, and AH do their thing in the middle and things would have been much more different.

JCPatriot nailed it in saying that posters like this are the same Colts fans who jumped on board once Peyton started winning. They will jump back off the bandwagon once Brady is gone.

Brady's team is not good enough but he is. As far as yesterday if the hail mary would have been caught this topic would not be here. Twice his recievers let him down in very key plays. Don't blame Brady. If you think his spirit is gone play back their forst touchdown and tell me his sprirt is down. Also, two fumbles that NY recovered-super critical in the Pats losing the game, but that is how it's played.

I have been rumbling through the Patriots forum, and this is what a poster said:

"I agree. I have posted that I am so ready to see this era end. This Tom Brady is too erudite, too civilized. The hunger is gone. The cool customer of '01 to '05 has been replaced by a non clutch, often skittish version of his former self. Every season ends the same. He is done with the Championship era of his career....and the fault lies with him. He just resembles the former Tom Brady too much for us all to see it."

Agree? Disagree?

Yes he has NO drive left been a starting QB 10 Years been to 6 AFCCG games and 5 SB But he lost his drive. Gawd some people over react to a loss, Brady had a DANG good game, his one INT was actually a great read he just didnt put it in the right spot. Add in the drops. (I feel so Bad for Welker that drop going to haunt him till he gets his ring... You can tell he feels he LOST the game with that drop.)

But Brady still Clutch, in the final :57 seconds he threw the ball to Branch who for SOME REASON he didnt stop in the soft part of the zone for an EASY 25 yrd gain. And in '07 people like this FORGET he lef the Pats down the field and scored a TD w less than 2 minutes to go.

Edited by Maureen
name calling

The pass rush wasnt what got to Brady it was the LATE HIT that hurt his left shoulder that got to Brady. (His throws were not the same after that hit.But again the drops killed them, darn the Giants lucky buggers in this playoff run. Packers --have the dropsies 49ers -- punt returner cant hold on to or get away from the ball Pats -- LATE Dropsies. lol

How quickly fans turn on players. It is totally laughable that some Pats fans are ready to turn the page on the Brady era. The guy was one drop pass by Welker away from being in position to ice the game. The guy was fired up and showed fire in his belly after that touchdown pass to Woodhead.

Here is an idea for the Pats. How about instead of turning the pgae on the Brady/BB era you get Brady a real outside WR he can throw to. You give him a guy who can stretch the field to let Welker, Gronk, and AH do their thing in the middle and things would have been much more different.

JCPatriot nailed it in saying that posters like this are the same Colts fans who jumped on board once Peyton started winning. They will jump back off the bandwagon once Brady is gone.

Yeah a few fans always do that. I doubt the majority do. I wished they had played Chad yesterday. I really do and think he might have made some key catches.

OAN the team is in good shape and young. A defense core has taken shape with Mayo and Spikes and even Ninco. A couple secondary players (ahem 1st round BB:) and a WR is all they really need.

As to brady has lost it..you'd have a hard time convincing me.

Funny how all the time the media and fans get it wrong. The Giants pass rush wasn't big, which I knew it wasn't because the quick release offense, the pats supposedly could run on the Giants...nope that was opposite. Lets see what else did they get wrong. Victgor Cruz would kill him, well they took that away or he would have. I guess they called it a close game.:)

Not even close.

Brady had a spectcular season, with an okay playoffs. It's hard for any team to win the SB with just the QB playing well. The Colts had help from the running game and a pick 6 (plus a couple other picks) in SB 41. In SB 44, the running game was useless in the 2nd half, and it Manning that had to do it all by himself, and that's why, imo, they lost. Every QB needs help in the SB.

Yeah a few fans always do that. I doubt the majority do. I wished they had played Chad yesterday. I really do and think he might have made some key catches.

OAN the team is in good shape and young. A defense core has taken shape with Mayo and Spikes and even Ninco. A couple secondary players (ahem 1st round BB:) and a WR is all they really need.

As to brady has lost it..you'd have a hard time convincing me.

JJ Ocho did play he had ONE catch... I won $500 thanks to him lol

Maybe. I have also heard the idea floated out there that Belichick simply has not done a good job of drafting defensive players. They have not had a dominant defense since they lost the core veterans from the Parcells era. I think there could be some merit to that.

A mixture of both, McCourty had a down sophmore year, and well Sterling Moore IMO has all the tools be a decent #2 or nickle CB. They need help o the D Line big Vince can't do it all alone, he needs help. (Wish Carter was not on IR he would have helped alot.)

The pass rush wasnt what got to Brady it was the LATE HIT that hurt his left shoulder that got to Brady. (His throws were not the same after that hit.But again the drops killed them, darn the Giants lucky buggers in this playoff run. Packers --have the dropsies 49ers -- punt returner cant hold on to or get away from the ball Pats -- LATE Dropsies. lol

There is something funny about Pats fans calling the Giants "lucky". Didn't your team get to the Super Bowl thanks to the Ravens kicker missing a 37 yard field goal? Every team that gets to the Super Bowl has "luck" at some point. As for the fumble in the NFCCG he didn't just drop the ball the Giants player stripped it out and that has gotten lost. It was very much like the Pats defender who stripped the TD catch away from the Lee Evans in the AFCCG. Was that luck because the WR couldn't hold on to the ball or just a great play by the Pats DB? The samething can be said about the Giants player who stripped the ball out on the punt return.

Also I don't know if I would call getting the play the Packers on the road "luck" even if their WR had dropsies. Part of the reason they struggled was because of the Giants pass rush getting after Rodgers and making him rush his throws a bit and the timing was off. I'll say this I would much rather get a second round game with Tim Tebow and the Broncos than having to go Green Bay and play the Packers.

You can call the Giants lucky if you want but I think it takes more than luck to beat teams with records of 12-4, 15-1, 13-3 and then another 13-3 team to win a Super Bowl.

He's not as good as he used to be. Be it a lack of hunger, focus or whatever. He isn't as good as he used to be. He made mistakes that killed the Pats. He darn near blew them out of the AFCCG.

He's sliding.

I agree, but I also think his shoulder is giving him more problems than he is letting on. Case in point the Ravens AFC Championship game.. lots of floaters. His shoulder is hurting. No doubt.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head

I think now Patriots fans get a taste of what Colts fans have been used to seeing for the most part of Mannings career. Especially 09 10 and this year.

I agree completely, infact since the 18-1 season the Pats have almost mirrored the Colts. It has been the Tom Brady show in New England. Brady has had amazing numbers in the regular season and looked like a better QB than he did before, but he hasn't been able to win the big one. It really does prove how much harder it is to win without a good team around you. The Pats defense did not look good and allowed the Giants to control the clock and eventually win the game.

As far as Brady "not caring" about winning championships. I think his last drive begs to differ. He was throwing perfect passes that were either not getting caught or dropped. It's pretty obvious he wanted to win that game.

The funny thing is, because his team doesn't have a great defense like it once did and a better running game I have actually gained quite a bit of respect for Brady. During the Superbowl wins I really felt like he was getting too much credit. But now he is proving he can do alot on his own, just not everything.

Brady will be fine, Bill Belichick will continue to rebuild the defense with the million draft picks they have and they'll be contending soon enough. They need a threat outside the numbers, Branch and Ochocinco aren't going to cut it, and eventually teams will figure out how to contain Gronk and Hernandez. If I was the Patriots GM I would be interested in trading up to get Michael Floyd. Other than that, they're still a great team and I'm not ready to count them out just yet.

Funny how all the time the media and fans get it wrong. The Giants pass rush wasn't big, which I knew it wasn't because the quick release offense, the pats supposedly could run on the Giants...nope that was opposite. Lets see what else did they get wrong. Victgor Cruz would kill him, well they took that away or he would have. I guess they called it a close game. :)

It's really gotten to the point where I expect the exact opposite of everything. My instinct predicted another low scoring defensive game, but I figured that'd be impossible 3 times in a row..Guess it wasn't

Brady's team is not good enough but he is.

Yeah those Patriots just aren't good enough.

-Only the best O-line in football by a mile.

-The best TE in football by a mile. (When healthy) MAY go down as the best ever by the time he's done whether he has ten rings or zero.

-The best slot WR in football by a mile. (One of the best in history to play in the slot)

-A very good second TE.

-BILL BELICHICK. (Best coach in history?)

-A defense that thrives on turnovers WHILE keeping opponents to low scores. Either one on it's own doesn't matter, but the combination of the two is deadly. The turnovers didn't happen yesterday, but almost did THREE TIMES as the ball did not bounce their way plus 12 Men on the Field negating one.

-Solid special teams play/field position battle. <----------HUUUUUUUUUGELY underappreciated.

But yeah, poor Tom Brady and that god awful Patriots squad.

Yeah..Brady lost his drive...he just took his mediocre team to the SB. Some people!!

And an O-line that, what, 3 or 4 teams in the NFL can even hope to get far enough past to sniff Brady's cologne? The GIANTS barely got to him in this SB unlike the last one, but he was rattled anyway.

One is the Steelers, the Pats lost.

The second is the Ravens, they blew the game winning TD and shanked a field goal.

The third is the 49'ers - The Pats would probably lose in a low scoring game. If the 49'ers had a QB god help the rest of the NFL. (18+49 = ?)

The fourth is the Giants - The Pats lost. Twice.