Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Walden

lollygagger8

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Is Erik Walden looking for too much money? 

I didn't think he was that bad when he played for the Colts. 

It's odd that no other team has signed him yet.

He's old by NFL terms, that's why.  And he was pretty average really. he'll probably get signed after the draft or around training camp time. Or retire

5 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Maybe Colts offered a low contract to him, and he didn't accept, but Erik was pretty decent at setting the edge. 

I'm guessing a team will call him if a player goes down in training camp. 

someone will sign him but I agree with this

I don't think he has played his last down in the league yet but I am guessing he has signed his last multi-year contract.  He is the type of player in talent level and age that teams will wait on until after the draft.  Once they take inventory and see what they have post draft, teams will determine if he fills a hole they still have.  His other likely option is to see if there is an injury for some team in camp.  

10 hours ago, bababooey said:

His best year was the last year of his contract and now he's old for NFL standards. He's not going to get the money he thinks he deserves after under performing for the two years prior to his contract year.

Actually he was one of the worst rated players at his position. Don't let the sack total fool you. He doesn't play the run. They need to move on from these type of players. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Lol, Colts just signed Hankins last week. 

Because a player hits a home run in the 9th inning doesn't mean they won the game, if they were shut out prior to that and the other team(s) scored many runs in the early innings...

Only he (and Zach Brown) were the remaining FA's teams would be truly interested pursuing, at the right price.  They were two talents that were pricing themselves out of the market until recently.

Walden is 32 years of age, and currently ranked number 30 on the top 50 available on this FA list-

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

The complete list of FA's is enormous, but nobody is ringing their phones off the hook right now...

http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

For the most part, teams are waiting to see what they end up with following the draft, then they will revisit the FA pool as necessary.  Especially when camps begin and injuries start to pile up.

13 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Actually he was one of the worst rated players at his position. Don't let the sack total fool you. He doesn't play the run. They need to move on from these type of players. 

Thank you mah.  The guy couldn`t get off a block setting the edge, and kudos to Monachino getting out of him what he did.  I would give Walden an A+ for effort!

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Because a player hits a home run in the 9th inning doesn't mean they won the game, if they were shut out prior to that and the other team(s) scored many runs in the early innings...

Only he (and Zach Brown) were the remaining FA's teams would be truly interested pursuing, at the right price.  They were two talents that were pricing themselves out of the market until recently.

Walden is 32 years of age, and currently ranked number 30 on the top 50 available on this FA list-

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

The complete list of FA's is enormous, but nobody is ringing their phones off the hook right now...

http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-free-agents-list/

For the most part, teams are waiting to see what they end up with following the draft, then they will revisit the FA pool as necessary.  Especially when camps begin and injuries start to pile up.

I don't disagree with you. 

On 4/17/2017 at 9:13 PM, mahagga73 said:

He's always played the run pretty well.  If last year was an outlier, its probably because the coaches wanted him to rush the pass more because of the other terrible OLBs we had.

I think his production was more so due to the lack of talent around him. I appreciate the physicality he brought to the edge however.

With that being said I am not disappointed we moved on from him. 

On April 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I don't disagree with you. 

I re-read this reply a few times before I realized that you were actually on the same page with CBFL. 

My fault; not yours. Brain freeze on my part. Anyway, I just had to checkout any thread you start Lolly. 

Walden had his moments. Will he be back? Hard to say. I doubt it.