Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies we DON'T want in the AFC South

With the Jags and Titans picking in the top 5, again, and the Titans having two 1st rounders, we could see a few blue-chip players added to our division.

I know some people want to compete against the best, iron sharpens iron and all that, but are there any players you DON'T want to see the Jags, Titans, or Texans draft?

I hope Garrett doesn't fall to the Jags or Titans.  I also hope a QB like Watson doesn't fall to the Texans.

26 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Hopefully our Run-D is better this year, but yeah, I don't want to see Fournette or Mixon, especially behind that Titans OLine.

I'm pretty sure the Titans aren't using a high pick on a RB.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

With the Jags and Titans picking in the top 5, again, and the Titans having two 1st rounders, we could see a few blue-chip players added to our division.

I know some people want to compete against the best, iron sharpens iron and all that, but are there any players you DON'T want to see the Jags, Titans, or Texans draft?

I hope Garrett doesn't fall to the Jags or Titans.  I also hope a QB like Watson doesn't fall to the Texans.

Watson isn't that good. I hope the Texans draft him.

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

I don't think he's an exceptional quarterback but he's better than what they have and brings a winning mentality. 

I'd be worried about any upgrade they make at quarterback since they beat us to the division last year with a QB that even the Browns dont want!

20 hours ago, MPStack said:

Exactly!!! I'd love to see that personally. There is likely going to be a player who has alot more value available to them, but if they wanna reach just in hopes of finding thier guy...please do!!! Watson has some potential, I won't deny that but he also still needs a fair amount of work and as I've said a few other times the Texans haven't neccasarily shown the ability to develop QBs.

7 hours ago, weslo1812 said:

Exactly!!! I'd love to see that personally. There is likely going to be a player who has alot more value available to them, but if they wanna reach just in hopes of finding thier guy...please do!!! Watson has some potential, I won't deny that but he also still needs a fair amount of work and as I've said a few other times the Texans haven't neccasarily shown the ability to develop QBs.

His deep ball accuracy is terrible and he has trouble throwing to his left. IMO another spread option QB with inflated stats. I hope he`s successful, but have my doubts. 

On 4/16/2017 at 2:47 PM, Majin Vegeta said:

Corey Davis, OJ Howard, Reuben Foster, Jonathan Allen, Forest Lamp

If one of our rivals takes Howard, we better take Reddick to counter lol. But I also would add Fournette to that list. Especially if he goes to the Jags. MJD still gives me nightmares.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

If one of our rivals takes Howard, we better take Reddick to counter lol. But I also would add Fournette to that list. Especially if he goes to the Jags. MJD still gives me nightmares.

I'm not too afraid of Fournette. I think the Titans will get Corey Davis or Mike Williams though. And I don't think a corner on our roster would be able to stop him lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 11:28 AM, UKColt13 said:

Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Fournette

On 4/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Fournette for sure 

Welp, we have to play against Fournette twice a year now.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:48 PM, Majin Vegeta said:

I'm not too afraid of Fournette. I think the Titans will get Corey Davis or Mike Williams though. And I don't think a corner on our roster would be able to stop him lol. 

I feel like Corey Davis is going to be the Reggie Wayne for Tennessee.

And the Texans offense just got dangerous.  A dual-threat QB like Watson with Hopkins, Fuller, and Miller for targets...  That's a lot of speed on the field, probably makes the Hooker pick look even better.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Good thing we drafted Hooker!  Although, watching Hooker try to tackle Fournette might make a few Colts fans cringe this year...

I kind of want to see Geathers put him on his back...:)

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Good thing we drafted Hooker!  Although, watching Hooker try to tackle Fournette might make a few Colts fans cringe this year...

I would hope with the revamped front 7 Fournette does not see Hooker that much to have a worry.  Fingers crossed on that!

On 4/16/2017 at 11:15 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Watson's weakness, turnover via interceptions. He had 17 in this last college season, and a good 9-10 of them all on Deshaun.  We might have drafted Watson's Kryptonite in Malik Hooker as well. Malik Hookers specialty, turnovers via interceptions.  :thmup:

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Watson's weakness, turnover via interceptions. He had 17 in this last college season, and a good 9-10 of them all on Deshaun.  We might have drafted Watson's Kryptonite in Malik Hooker as well. Malik Hookers specialty, turnovers via interceptions.  :thmup:

I was watching a video earlier on Ohio State vs. Clemson in the College Playoffs.  Clemson stayed away from him the whole game, and he still flew to the boundaries to pick off Watson.  Twice, I think.  Clemson won the game, but Hooker got the better of Watson.

If we find a solid CB2 to play this cover-1/cover-3 with Hooker playing center field...

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The only thing I worry about with Hooker, and especially against an offense with fast skill players like Houston, is the outside run/pass game.  If Hooker doesn't take good angles or misses a tackle against outside runs and screen passes, someone like Hopkins, Fuller, Miller or even Watson could go to the house.

The way I see it, Hooker protects the front 7/8 from letting anything get by him in the pass game, and the front 7/8 protects Hooker from having to tackle.  If that works, we have ourselves a dominant D reminiscent of Baltimore during the Ed Reed era.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

The only thing I worry about with Hooker, and especially against an offense with fast skill players like Houston, is the outside run/pass game.  If Hooker doesn't take good angles or misses a tackle against outside runs and screen passes, someone like Hopkins, Fuller, Miller or even Watson could go to the house.

The way I see it, Hooker protects the front 7/8 from letting anything get by him in the pass game, and the front 7/8 protects Hooker from having to tackle.  If that works, we have ourselves a dominant D reminiscent of Baltimore during the Ed Reed era.

Let us see how the rest of this draft pans out.  I feel Ballard isn't going to put up with teams 'punching the Colts in the mouth' anymore  (or weakness for a long time) on runs, and isn't relying on a single high deep free safety to make those run stuffing tackles in the game.