R1: Derek Barnett DE/OLB Tennessee

R2: Jabrill Peppers SS/LB Michigan

R2: Fabian Moreau CB UCLA

R3: Sidney Jones CB Washington

R4: Demarcus Walker DE Florida State

R4: Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

R4: Tedric Thompson S Colorado

R5: Jamaal Williams BYU

I`d be happy with either but favor the no trade one slightly more. I doubt Peppers slides that far, but would not be surprised that much because he was moved around so much at Mich. I`d take Sidney Jones all day in the 3rd even though he is going to IR his 1st season. Nice work.

If Mixon is available in the 3rd, I would take him in a heartbeat. If Jordan Willis and Mixon are both there in the 2nd, that's when it gets difficult. Both are great, but our defense needs more help since we were 31st last year, so I think Willis is the better 2nd round choice. Do you think Sidney Jones will last into the middle of the 3rd?

13 hours ago, D-lineman said:

Also, why am I freaking obsessed with this particular draft? Colts need to get this right. I do like Barnett in round one 

probably becasue we had the 30th ranked defense and luck is no longer on his rookie contract

i like the no trade mock, that would give us a really solid/good front seven on paper

im not big fan of mixon, but if we take him and he turns into a good player ill get over it

we might be weak at corner in that scenario, but we are going to be weak somewhere i would rather build the front seven first

Boy do I like scenario #2 with the trade back. The secondary would be set. Mocks that ignore the secondary until the mid rounds are off the charts worthless. This team badly needs two CBs and a S out of this draft. With the depth of talent in this draft, grab 'em early and often. 

18 hours ago, Hoose said:

Boy do I like scenario #2 with the trade back. The secondary would be set. Mocks that ignore the secondary until the mid rounds are off the charts worthless. This team badly needs two CBs and a S out of this draft. With the depth of talent in this draft, grab 'em early and often. 

I don't think it'll be the end of the world if they don't use a pick on a safety, but they definitely need to grab a minimum of 2 CBs in this draft.

18 hours ago, Hoose said:

we are going to be weak somewhere next year, its probably either going to be ilb or corner

id rather be weak at corner #2 than ilb.  you cant give up the middle of the field, teams will take that all day.

butler and geathers could be ok at safety, until somebody gets hurt.  hopefully green is ready when that happens

14 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't think it'll be the end of the world if they don't use a pick on a safety, but they definitely need to grab a minimum of 2 CBs in this draft.

It wouldn't be the end of the world. But it's  just such a deep draft at S...would be a shame to not take advantage. Also, I don't trust Green's talent or Geathers' health long-term. So it would make sense to have a S developing this year.

Trading back would give them the necessary picks to not miss out any positions that they need AND/OR are positions that are deep in this draft (CB x2, OLB, ILB, S, RB, TE).