Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are some of your second round favorites?

Everyone likes to talk about there favorite 1st round prospects but not so much 2nd and later. So who do you really like in the second? I'm really big on Desmond King even though I don't thing he'd be a good fit for us since he's a zone CB but the dude can play 

Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State— this guy is a monster presence as a pass rusher and has great explosiveness off the ball. He is 6'4 255lbs  with 33 1/2" arms, and ran a 4.53 40 at the combine along with a 39" vertical.  A draft profile describes him as a "stack-and-shed edge defender with great hands at the point of attack". He is my personal favorite in the 2nd and if we get an extra pick by trading back in the first, we can get a 2nd round RB as well.

If the draft went exactly like in our forum mock, some of my favorites are (in order they were drafted in the mock) would be

Tim Williams
Kevin King
Quincy Wilson
Desmond King
Carl Lawson
Adoree' Jackson
Sidney Jones
Jordan Willis (my personal fav)
Cordrea Tankersley

Dalvin Tomlinson

Josh Jones
Chris Wormley

Lot of talented kids to choose from and I even cut many I like to not make the list too big. We're going to get really good prospect in our 2nd.

I'd really like to trade down and acquire an extra 2nd unless a no-brainer fell to 15.

17 minutes ago, Finball said:

If the draft went exactly like in our forum mock, some of my favorites are (in order they were drafted in the mock) would be

Tim Williams
Kevin King
Quincy Wilson
Desmond King
Carl Lawson
Adoree' Jackson
Sidney Jones
Jordan Willis (my personal fav)
Cordrea Tankersley

Dalvin Tomlinson

Josh Jones
Chris Wormley

Lot of talented kids to choose from and I even cut many I like to not make the list too big. We're going to get really good prospect in our 2nd.

I'd really like to trade down and acquire an extra 2nd unless a no-brainer fell to 15.

This list.  Nearly in order for me 

26 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Sidney Jones

Budda Baker

Demarcus Lawrence

Jordan Willis

Jourdan Lewis (won't go in the 2nd but deserves to)

Tre' White

Some might not get there but any of those I'd be happy with in the 2bd.

You mean you would trade our 2nd for him or...??

16 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas State— this guy is a monster presence as a pass rusher and has great explosiveness off the ball. He is 6'4 255lbs  with 33 1/2" arms, and ran a 4.53 40 at the combine along with a 39" vertical.  A draft profile describes him as a "stack-and-shed edge defender with great hands at the point of attack". He is my personal favorite in the 2nd and if we get an extra pick by trading back in the first, we can get a 2nd round RB as well.

He's the prototype. Love him.

18 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Raekwon McMillan (if we somehow pass on an ILB round 1)

-Chidobe Awuzie

-Cordrea Tankersly

-Marcus Williams FS

-Jordan Willis EDGE

-Tyus Bowser EDGE

If we somehow pass on one?  Reddick and Foster are the only two options and there's no guarantee either will be there at 15. 

4 hours ago, wig said:

If we somehow pass on one?  Reddick and Foster are the only two options and there's no guarantee either will be there at 15. 

There's also Jarrad Davis. He's arguably just as good as either of those 2 and his pro day numbers match what he's done on tape. I think ILB should be our 1st round pick unless they have someone rated higher who is there. But I don't see it. 

51 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

There's also Jarrad Davis. He's arguably just as good as either of those 2 and his pro day numbers match what he's done on tape. I think ILB should be our 1st round pick unless they have someone rated higher who is there. But I don't see it. 

You don't see them having anyone rated higher than an ILB?  That's a pretty narrow point of view. 

3 hours ago, wig said:

You don't see them having anyone rated higher than an ILB?  That's a pretty narrow point of view. 

I don't see a player that would be available at our pick being rated higher than one of THOSE ILBs. I think Conley would be high up in their rankings, but probably won't be there at 15. Neither will Lattimore, Hooker, Fournette, etc...But those 3 guys are all first round talents who could be there.