Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eli > Brady!

18Manning

I think Brady deserves a lot of kudos. He played a great game. Instead of bashing him, I'd like to turn this into a bash Belichick thread. That's what he gets for cutting Underwood the day before and treating his players like chess pieces. Karma bit Belichick in the end.

Brady is 0-2 in SBs post spygate.

That is all.

More accurately Brady is 0-2 in SBs where his defense isnt top 10 and without Adam V.

He played pretty good in this game but as us Colts fans have learned many a moon ago, you cant win championships when the team relies heavily on the QB like the Pats (of nowdays) and the Colts of (pretty much forever) have been.

Maybe the AFC was just that bad this year, I really thought Brady would have played a lot better overall but he didn't play terrible either. Anyways congrats to the Giants and Eli!

They only beat like 1 team over 500 this year. Weird

Classy comments, lol. Congrats to the Giants and their fans. I knew we had our work cut out for us. Just wish they didn't always beat us in heartaching, last second fashion, lol.

Probably takes Brady's case for GOAT off the table, but I thought he played tough out there. Not the deer in the headlights look like he had in SB 42. Tough, but those are the breaks. Still no one I'd rather have though. I thought we had no hope this year, and he took us to 13-3 and to the Super Bowl.

A lot of little things, but I think they offset. People will point to the drops, especially Welker's...but I think we got away with that one P.I. If those plays go down as they should have, they're both points and probably offset, so it's a moot point. We just got beat by a better team.

Classy comments, lol. Congrats to the Giants and their fans. I knew we had our work cut out for us. Just wish they didn't always beat us in heartaching, last second fashion, lol.

Probably takes Brady's case for GOAT off the table, but I thought he played tough out there. Not the deer in the headlights look like he had in SB 42. Tough, but those are the breaks. Still no one I'd rather have though. I thought we had no hope this year, and he took us to 13-3 and to the Super Bowl.

A lot of little things, but I think they offset. People will point to the drops, especially Welker's...but I think we got away with that one P.I. If those plays go down as they should have, they're both points and probably offset, so it's a moot point. We just got beat by a better team.

I agree. I believe Brady carrierd your team as Peyton has done for our team for years.

It's not the fact that the Giants have won both SB match-ups against the Pats. It's the fact that Eli straight-up out played Brady.

Eli is a better QB than Brady is at this point in Brady's career. I think Eli might have a bust next to his brother in Canton. How freakin awesome is that?

It's not the fact that the Giants have won both SB match-ups against the Pats. It's the fact that Eli straight-up out played Brady.

Eli is a better QB than Brady is at this point in Brady's career. I think Eli might have a bust next to his brother in Canton. How freakin awesome is that?

That would be cool...

Giants just own the Patriots for now!!! Undeniable!!!

Again, Bernard Pollard got the Pats again, rendering Gronkowski less than 70% (at least it seemed like)!!!

Pats are going to hate Bernard Pollard, Eli Manning and the Giants for a LONG time!!!

Congrats to Giants for playing great.

Unfortunately Brady didn't play well.

He missed wide open Welker and Branch few times.

We have a young team, we can build from it.

To me, Brady played well enough, his wideouts did not!!! Gronkowski wins that battle vs the LB most of the time but this time it was an INT, Welker makes that wide open catch most of the time!!! Game of inches, Pats players played tight to begin the game and to end the game!!! That is where the Pats miss the veterans on their D, who played big when it counted most and they won their SBs by making key plays!!!

That would be cool...

Think about it. What makes a HoF player? The kid is 2/2 in SB's, while performing at an extremely high level. He had every opportunity to make mistakes and lose those games. Yet he did not.

The Manningham catch was a catch for the ages, rivaling the now famed Tyree catch. That wasn't just a great catch...the pass was beautiful. It dropped out of the sky like perfection.

Eli is an elite QB. Shame on all of us for questioning him when he answered yes to "Are you an elite QB".

The best thing of the game was watching every atom of Ahmad Bradshaws body trying to score that last minute touchdown, and watching his brain try to stop it.

Great games by both teams. Eli is great. Brady is great. Two great football teams on the field, only one can win. Congrats to both, but I can't say Im unhappy watching the Pats leave with a loss.

More accurately Brady is 0-2 in SBs where his defense isnt top 10 and without Adam V.

He played pretty good in this game but as us Colts fans have learned many a moon ago, you cant win championships when the team relies heavily on the QB like the Pats (of nowdays) and the Colts of (pretty much forever) have been.

This is exactly what I was thinking. In the years that the D dominated, Brady just had to be clutch at the end of close games. He had to put Adam V in position to win it. Now he has to be on all game long. They have become the Colts and I don't understand that. Don't change your formula for success. I'm not unhappy about the outcome of this game. I don't like the Patriots at all. However, I've watched the Colts put all of their eggs in one basket for years now and fall short, and I wonder why the Patriots who I've hated out of envy for years would do the same thing. Offense and Defense TOGETHER win championships. It takes a balanced effort.

To me, Brady played well enough, his wideouts did not!!! Gronkowski wins that battle vs the LB most of the time but this time it was an INT, Welker makes that wide open catch most of the time!!! Game of inches, Pats players played tight to begin the game and to end the game!!! That is where the Pats miss the veterans on their D, who played big when it counted most and they won their SBs by making key plays!!!

Brady threw an INT that was a short-arm mistake like you would never see him make back in the day. The safety was another uncharacteristic error. I think Brady is past his prime.

I think it might be a little too early to call that. In a few years though, it's a strong possibility

Gronk's injury hurt the Pats, just as Freeney's similar injury hurt the Colts in 2009....Eli played pretty darn well. Brady played well but not as good as Eli. The dink-and-dunk doesn't work all the time, and he lacked a deep threat. I won't put it all on him b/c his normally reliable WRs and TEs had some crucial drops, but there were times when Brady just looked rattled. Not as bad as the first game against the Giants, but still saw it...Great game by both teams. Still laughing at Bradshaw trying not to fall into the end zone...

Welker's drop reminiscent of Pierre's drop, even at different points in the game. Momentum killers.

If Peyton had that Giants-type D (which did make a difference tonight) he'd have some more rings, but "ifs and buts are candy and nuts"....

I think it might be a little too early to call that. In a few years though, it's a strong possibility

I'm not saying he's in. He has a foot in the door and the potential for that to happen has been displayed. Which is by itself an unforeseen fulfillment. He is on his way.

I think Eli is making a case for himself as a top QB but its still too early to say hes in the HOF and better than Brady. He needs to play at this type of level consistently throughout a season. I think he will.

I'm not going to make comparisons, but I want every radio show to go back and reply their preseason comments and jokes when Eli said "yes" to the question if he was a top 5 QB.

We discussed that here on the forums. Myself and others hesitated, saying "hold on there Eli". He's proven himself as eligible for elite recognition as anybody in this league.

I believe you were one that defended Eli the most. Grats to you on that call. I've seen enough to know better than to ever question that fella again. What a season, what a finish!

We discussed that here on the forums. Myself and others hesitated, saying "hold on there Eli". He's proven himself as eligible for elite recognition as anybody in this league.

I believe you were one that defended Eli the most. Grats to you on that call. I've seen enough to know better than to ever question that fella again. What a season, what a finish!

thanks. Eli is so steady.

I think Eli is making a case for himself as a top QB but its still too early to say hes in the HOF and better than Brady. He needs to play at this type of level consistently throughout a season. I think he will.

If he falls off, no way he see's the Hall. But if he keeps it up, I don't need a vivid imagination to foresee where that kid is gonna end up. If that dude wins another one, count him in.

Tom Brady has the reputation for being so accurate, but I have NEVER seen him throw a pass like Manning did to Mario Manningham in the 4th quarter. Most of Brady's receivers are wide open because his O-line gives them time downfield.

This.

For as much hype as "Montana Jr." gets with the hunger in his eyes the last several weeks......*sigh*

That was a pretty memorable pass by Eli. I won't forget it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. In the years that the D dominated, Brady just had to be clutch at the end of close games. He had to put Adam V in position to win it. Now he has to be on all game long. They have become the Colts and I don't understand that. Don't change your formula for success. I'm not unhappy about the outcome of this game. I don't like the Patriots at all. However, I've watched the Colts put all of their eggs in one basket for years now and fall short, and I wonder why the Patriots who I've hated out of envy for years would do the same thing. Offense and Defense TOGETHER win championships. It takes a balanced effort.

The Pats didn't change their formula as much as the NFL changed the rules for D's. It truly has become an offense heavy league. But To another poster I hate Marcus Pollard and hope he is sick whenever the [Pats face HIS team. I have no hatred towards Eli at all, he never acts like a pompous donkey. As for the Giants, next year we will face someone different in the SB.. (Hey I am confident lol)

Eli has beaten Brady in 2 head-to-head SBs. I think that makes him better even with only 2 rings.

I suppose that means that you also thought Brady was better than Peyton when the Patriots beat the Colts in back to back playoff games in '03 and '04?

This is a big shot on Brady's legacy. He will never be considered GOAT if his Super Bowl record is 3-2.

Yet I have a sneaking suspicion that you think Peyton already is even though his Superbowl record is 1-1....

I only bring up these points because it shows how back and forth the argument is and how easily a point can be made for anything. In the week leading up to Superbowl 42, everyone was saying that if Brady won, he'd be considered the greatest of all time. He lost. In the week leading up to Superbowl 44, everyone was saying that if Peyton won, he'd be considered the greatest of all time. He lost. In the week leading up to Superbowl 46, everyone was once again saying that if Brady won, he'd be considered the greatest of all time. He lost. Now everyone is high on Eli for his head to head record, even though those same people have spent the last 4 years saying how much football is a team game.

Its just funny how quick people can change their minds over and over and over again...