Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How good is the dline now

CR91

Just now, King Colt said:

I guess you and others can't read very will and that is OK, however one year stats should be rolled up and hung next to the toilet. So it's not fake news rather, meaningless news. You said "fake news" not me so if you can't come up with anything other than making false claims don't add anything. Dismiss yourself.

It's not meaningless just because it disagrees with your statement. That just makes you wrong and insufferable. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

It's not meaningless just because it disagrees with your statement. That just makes you wrong and insufferable. 

"Insufferable"??!!That from Winston Churchill I assume. It's warming to learn you are so well versed in world history.

By the way, I don't make statements, I type things on this website of experts on the game of football.:)

35 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"Insufferable"??!!That from Winston Churchill I assume. It's warming to learn you are so well versed in world history.

By the way, I don't make statements, I type things on this website of experts on the game of football.:)

You do realize that was a statement... right? All we were trying to do was show you an error in your reasoning so you could be better informed and prevent spreading further misconceptions. I can see you're not interested in that and would prefer to play a game of rubber and glue rather than admit you're not infallible. Cool. Have fun with that.

Somebody get this kid a nap and some apple slices. This babysitter is clocking out. Enjoy Imaginationland.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Yes, they still are (and have ben for a long time) as they all have 2016 W-L records that are at best an embarrassment.

Do you even bother to look at other divisions? 

You also completely overlooked my comment and put your own twist to what I said.

Why? Does it really mean that much to you just for arguments sake?

On 4/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, James Ducheteau said:

Don't all teams need a defense to hold teams to one less score?

What I mean is, if you look at our scoring stats from last year, we averaged 25.6 points per game.  We gave up 24.5 PPG.  If we can hold other teams to an average of 19 - or around 1 less score per game - we significantly improve our chances of winning 12 or better games.  

If our offense wasn't this good ( and we hope it still is)  the defense would have much more pressure on them to be great.  But our defense doesn't need to be great.  That is all I am saying.  

Another way to look at it is net points (pts scored - pts allowed).  The Pats net points last year was 191!  On average they could have given up another touchdown per game. The Falcons were #2 with 134 net points.  They actually gave up more than we did but scored 540.

If Anderson and Langford are back the Dline can be very good. The future looks bright they just have to go play. 

I'm not that concerned with the back end. I think Ballard played it perfectly. The CB class is deep and S may be deeper I think we could come away with 3 solid DB's. 

The spot that has to be addressed is ILB. That draft group is not that deep.  If Foster is really there at 15....

On 4/15/2017 at 7:59 PM, southwest1 said:

Beautifully stated Weslo. :thmup: A nice rebuttal to secondary reservations in INDY minus the great Vontae Davis that is. 

You are a darn good contributor on the forum too. You know your football man. 

Thanks SW!!! Appreciate the kind words man. I definitely don't know the Xs and Os to the degree some in here do but I do enjoy sharing my opinion and hopefully in a respectfull way. And I just love the game of football and the Colts as do we all lol And it's as fun and beneficial for me to just come in here and read posts as it is to post because I can always learn something or find out some nugget of info I didn't know of. Lots of knowledgeable people in here including yourslef, always appreciate seeing your wise, thoughtful  posts in here and the respect you treat people with. Always welcoming, kind and receptive to everyone's thoughts and idea's. You bring a family spirit in here I feel along with your knowledge. Always appreciate it man.

42 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Thanks SW!!! Appreciate the kind words man. I definitely don't know the Xs and Os to the degree some in here do but I do enjoy sharing my opinion and hopefully in a respectfull way. And I just love the game of football and the Colts as do we all lol And it's as fun and beneficial for me to just come in here and read posts as it is to post because I can always learn something or find out some nugget of info I didn't know of. Lots of knowledgeable people in here including yourslef, always appreciate seeing your wise, thoughtful  posts in here and the respect you treat people with. Always welcoming, kind and receptive to everyone's thoughts and idea's. You bring a family spirit in here I feel along with your knowledge. Always appreciate it man.

Anytime Weslo. I meant what I said BTW. I don't exaggerate. I thought you made a great point about secondary coverage that needed to be highlighted & commended. 

Thank you for the nice complements on my behalf too. Most of us on here are far from football gurus as you say, but we just all congregate here for humor, team progress updates, & shoot the breeze with folks we like & chat with regularly. 

Yes, we all wanna see the Colts win another ring under this regime & if we can give Luck a formidable defense & consistent ground game, he will eventually. Cool username too in Weslo. Anyway, you're a valued contributor on the forum & a good dude yourself. :thmup: