Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Jason McCourty

GusBus24

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Surprised he wasn't cut sooner. Don't know what you guys see in him but we was not good last year at all. Injuries have caught up with him.

touche 

he did however have some solid seasons especially back in like in 2010-2012...

So that is what most are probably going off of...

20 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Surprised he wasn't cut sooner. Don't know what you guys see in him but we was not good last year at all. Injuries have caught up with him.

He wasn't great, IMO, but I think this is more an issue of him not being worth $7m in 2017 than it is that he just can't play. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

He wasn't great, IMO, but I think this is more an issue of him not being worth $7m in 2017 than it is that he just can't play. 

Yeah but with the Titans cap space and the fact he was in the last year of his deal it says something that they got rid of him rather than letting their most tenured player stick around. 

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah but with the Titans cap space and the fact he was in the last year of his deal it says something that they got rid of him rather than letting their most tenured player stick around. 

There are several factors that could play into his release outside of his play

3 hours ago, Superman said:

This....wonder if he will make a switch to safety like his brother to keep his career moving forward.

He is almost 30 yrs old.... doesn't seem to fit Ballard's philosophy  of building with youth ....

...plus I saw where the Pats might have interest... which is probably where he will end up or someone like them who have more of the puzzle put together.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:26 PM, BR-549 said:

He is almost 30 yrs old.... doesn't seem to fit Ballard's philosophy  of building with youth ....

...plus I saw where the Pats might have interest... which is probably where he will end up or someone like them who have more of the puzzle put together.

I think you may have seen his brother hoping that Pats have interest . Not sure there was anything actually from the Pats. 

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think you may have seen his brother hoping that Pats have interest . Not sure there was anything actually from the Pats. 

yeah.. most likely.  I don't see him in Indy either way... more like I said, somewhere that they just need some rotational players, not starters.