Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McShay put this out there.  I think it is pretty dumb because he has no QB's going in the first round.  

Cleveland Browns

Round 1 (1): Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
Round 1 (12): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
Round 2 (33): Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
Round 2 (52): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah
Round 3 (65): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan

Garrett was an easy choice at No. 1 for me. He'd be an impact player from Day 1 for a team that needs a lot more difference-makers. Why no quarterback at No. 12, you ask? I can't justify it based on value. My two highest-ranked QBs, Clemson's Deshaun Watson and Trubisky, are 25th and 29th on my board, respectively. Howard, on the other hand, is my No. 8 player. I love his upside as a big-play pass-catcher. He'll block too. Trubisky would fit well in Hue Jackson's system, and Williams has the range in coverage that the Browns need in the secondary.

San Francisco 49ers

Round 1 (2): Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Round 2 (34): Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
Round 3 (66): Desmond King, CB/FS, Iowa

Thomas has been in my top-five overall prospects from the moment I watched his tape. He's the total package, with the ideal combination of size, quickness and power. Thomas also has more natural pass-rushing ability than either of the 49ers' past two first-round picks, Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner. The 49ers brought in Brian Hoyer in free agency, who'd be an adequate bridge QB until Watson is ready to play. King has excellent ball skills and is a good run defender, something the 49ers need after finishing last in rushing yards allowed last season.

Chicago Bears

Round 1 (3): Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Round 2 (36): Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
Round 3 (67): Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson

The Bears' secondary still needs a lot of work, but the good news for Chicago fans is that this draft is ripe with playmakers in the defensive backfield. Adams is the most complete DB in the class and one of the best safety prospects I've evaluated in recent years. He can cover the slot or patrol the deep half, and he's an elite run defender. I'm not as high on Humphrey as others, but he has a very high ceiling because of his size (6-foot, 197) and fluidity in coverage. Watkins is capable of developing into a three-down player in the NFL.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 1 (4): Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
Round 2 (35): Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi
Round 3 (68): Carlos Henderson, WR, Louisiana Tech

I know the Jaguars have spent big on their defensive line the past two offseasons, but Allen is the rare D-lineman who can be an elite run defender and an elite pass-rusher while playing multiple positions up front. Alabama TE O.J. Howard will be an option for Jacksonville at No. 4, but I passed because of the tight end depth in this class. Day 2 is where I chose to get Blake Bortles a few more weapons. Engram ran a 4.42 40 at 234 pounds and has elite separation skills. I love Henderson's speed and competitiveness. He brings value as a return man, too.

Tennessee Titans

Round 1 (5): Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
Round 1 (18): John Ross, WR, Washington
Round 3 (83): Duke Riley, LB, LSU
Round 3 (100): Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson

With two of the first 18 picks, Tennessee has a chance to hit an absolute home run in the first round. Based on this exercise, I addressed two of the Titans' three biggest needs with those selections. Lattimore would give Tennessee a pure cover corner to play opposite of free-agent acquisition Logan Ryan. I worry a little about Ross' durability, but if he can stay healthy, watch out. He's the rare college speedster (4.22 40) who's also an adept route runner. Riley shows great range vs. the run and had a great showing at the Senior Bowl. Leggett would give Tennessee the chance to run more two-TE sets with Delanie Walker.

New York Jets

Round 1 (6): Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
Round 2 (39): DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 3 (70): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Round 3 (107): Roderick Johnson, OT, Florida State

Speed, range and ball skills -- that's what Hooker brings, and the Jets need more of all three after intercepting just eight passes in 2016 (tied for 29th). Hooker's durability is a question mark, and he's still recovering from offseason shoulder and hernia surgeries, but he had elite production at Ohio State, posting seven interceptions last season. Kizer is not ready to play right away, and he wouldn't need to in New York after the Jets signed Josh McCown this offseason. Tight end has to be a priority for the Jets after having just 18 catches from the position in 2016, 35 fewer than the next-lowest team. Johnson has 36-inch arms, and his exceptional length gives him some upside as a late third-rounder.

Los Angeles Chargers

Round 1 (7): Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
Round 2 (38): Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech
Round 3 (71): Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh

The Chargers' No. 7 overall pick was the first time I ran into a hitch in Round 1. There's no O-lineman worth taking that high, and my three top DBs all came off the board in the first six picks. Since I'm prohibited from trading down in this exercise, I'll grab another weapon. Keenan Allen is supremely talented, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy. Davis is the most advanced route runner in the 2017 WR class and has an excellent combination of size (6-2¾, 209), speed and toughness. With Philip Rivers now 35, it makes sense for the Chargers to grab a developmental QB like Mahomes at some point. This isn't a great draft to need O-line help; it'll be tough for Los Angeles to find reinforcements up front without reaching.

Carolina Panthers

Round 1 (8): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Round 2 (40): Obi Melifonwu, S, Connecticut
Round 2 (64): Jermaine Eluemunor, ROT/OG, Texas A&M
Round 3 (98): Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State

Fournette is a perfect fit for Carolina's power-running scheme, and because of the Panthers' commitment to the run, they should give running back a real consideration with their first-round pick. Fournette has a rare combination of size, speed (4.51 40) and power. The Panthers signed safety Mike Adams in free agency, but he's 36 and far from a long-term answer. Melifonwu, one the best athletes in the draft, started all four seasons at Connecticut. Carolina still has holes at several positions along the offensive line, so taking someone like Eluemunor, who has the ability to play multiple spots, would make sense. Elflein shows great awareness and toughness on tape, and coaches/teammates rave about his work ethic.

Cincinnati Bengals

Round 1 (9): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Round 2 (41): JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Round 3 (73): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Wide receiver is an option for the Bengals in Round 1, particularly in they have their choice of Corey Davis and Mike Williams. Under this scenario, Davis came off the board at No. 7 overall, so I opted for Barnett instead. He's terrific at using hands as a pass-rusher, which is part of the reason he posted 52 tackles for loss and 33 sacks in college. Smith-Schuster fills the aforementioned WR need, while Perine would give the Bengals some insurance if Giovani Bernard's torn ACL doesn't heal as expected. Jeremy Hill hasn't developed as a No. 1 RB after a promising rookie season.

Buffalo Bills

Round 1 (10): Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Round 2 (44): Budda Baker, S, Washington
Round 3 (75): Mack Hollins, WR, North Carolina

Multiple scouts have voiced concerns to me about who Foster surrounds himself with, but he's one of the 10 best football players in the draft and worth the risk at this point. First-year coach Sean McDermott wants more speed at linebacker, and Foster certainly has that. He's an explosive tackler who can get sideline to sideline in a hurry. Besides being undersized, Baker (5-9⅝, 195 pounds) has few weaknesses and would give Buffalo some much-needed versatility in the secondary. He has some Tyrann Mathieu-like qualities. Hollins, at 6-foot-4, is a great fit with QB Tyrod Taylor's vertical passing ability. Hollins averaged more than 20 yards per catch in his college career.

New Orleans Saints

Round 1 (11): Kevin King, CB, Washington
Round 1 (32): Tyus Bowser, OLB Houston
Round 2 (42): Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Round 3 (76): Larry Ogunjobi, DT, Charlotte
Round 3 (103): Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo

The Saints need more size at CB to cover the wide receivers in the NFC South -- Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin -- and King stands 6-3. He also ran a great 40 time (4.43) and has experience playing free safety and nickel back. Admittedly, Bowser is my biggest reach of Round 1, but it's still not much of a reach. If he doesn't go in the late first, he's likely to come off the board in the first half of Round 2. He has the ability to cover tight ends and get after the QB. New Orleans traded Brandin Cook, and it needs to find a way to replace his speed in his draft. Jones ran a 4.45 at the combine and has better size than Cooks (6-2, 201). Ogunjobi posted outstanding production in college and would give the Saints upside along the D-line. Hunt has the ability to churn out extra yards on his own, thanks to a high-level combination of balance, vision and lower-body strength.

Arizona Cardinals

Round 1 (13): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.)
Round 2 (45): Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Round 3 (77): Nathan Peterman, QB, Arizona

With TEs Jermaine Gresham and Troy Niklas still in town, Njoku wouldn't have to be an every-down player from Day 1 in Arizona, but he'd give Carson Palmer another dimension in the passing game because of his freakish skill set. The Cardinals have shown the ability to develop versatile defensive backs (Tyrann Mathieu and Deone Bucannon), and Peppers would be another intriguing project for them. He has limitations, but I love his competitiveness. With Palmer now 37 and no QB of the future on the roster, Arizona needs to draft a QB with some developmental upside in this year's draft. I snagged Peterman in Round 3, but the Cardinals could take one with an earlier pick if the board falls right.

Philadelphia Eagles

Round 1 (14): Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 (43): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
Round 3 (99): DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

I love the idea of McCaffrey on the Eagles. Coach Doug Pederson comes from Andy Reid's coaching tree and wants a RB with pass-catching ability. McCaffrey is one of the most polished receiving running backs I've ever studied coming out of college. Philadelphia doesn't have great cornerback depth, so it should jump at the chance to take a player like Lewis if he's on the board and the Eagles have cleared his off-field issues (his trial isn't scheduled until July). Lewis is very instinctive in coverage. I love the way Walker uses his hands and creates leverage as a pass-rusher.

Indianapolis Colts

Round 1 (15): Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
Round 2 (46): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
Round 3 (80): ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

Nearly 80 percent of the Colts' designed runs last year were inside or outside zone, and Lamp is a highly athletic O-lineman who would thrive in such a scheme. The Colts need to find a way to improve their pass rush, and Willis had good production at Kansas State. He tested off the charts at the combine, but that type of elite athleticism didn't always show up on tape. Stewart has reliable hands, and the Colts are still searching for a consistent No. 2 to play opposite of T.Y. Hilton; Donte Moncrief struggled with injuries last season, and Phillip Dorsett has just 51 catches in two seasons.

Baltimore Ravens

Round 1 (16): Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
Round 2 (47): Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Round 3 (74): Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama
Round 3 (78): Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt

I'm not as high on Alabama OT Cam Robinson as others are, but I would understand the fit here, given the Ravens' need for a right tackle. I opted for Williams -- a big, physical receiver with very good ball skills -- because he's an ideal WR for a West Coast scheme. Awuzie projects as a slot CB; he tested much better than I expected in the agility drills at the combine, including a 4.14-second short shuttle and 6.81-second three-cone. With Terrell Suggs set to turn 35 in October, it's time for Baltimore to start planning for the future at pass-rusher. Anderson's teammates and coaches rave about his leadership and he plays with excellent discipline. Anderson is a limited athlete, though, and at 6-2 and 253 pounds with shorter arms, he's a bit of a tweeter. Holden held up well against Tennessee and Florida last season and could be an option for Baltimore at right tackle.

Washington Redskins

Round 1 (17): Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
Round 2 (49): Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
Round 3 (81): Damontae Kazee, CB, San Diego State

Reddick is a true three-down linebacker with the ability to cover in space and get after the QB on passing downs. His performance at the Senior Bowl and testing numbers at the combine catapulted him into the first round. Mixon would be a first-round pick if not for major off-field concerns. He's a natural pass-catcher and looks like a three-down back in the NFL. Kazee is a natural ball hawk who had 15 interceptions the past two seasons and shined during Senior Bowl practices. At just 5-10¼, 184 pounds, he has the toughness to compete with bigger wide receivers.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Round 1 (19): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah
Round 2 (50): Marcus Maye, S, Florida
Round 3 (84): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington

I struggled with the Bucs' first-round pick. Bolles' inexperience and durability issues are scary, but he's the most athletic tackle prospect in this class, and Tampa needs an upgrade at that position. The Bucs signed safety J.J. Wilcox in free agency but could use a player like Maye, who's extremely reliable against the run and had good ball production in coverage, with 17 pass breakups and five interceptions. Jones looked like a first-round pick before he tore his Achilles at his pro day. He recently told ESPN's Matt Bowen he'll be back on the field in six months. If that turns out to be true and he returns to his old form, he'd be a steal in Round 3.

Denver Broncos

Round 1 (20): Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
Round 2 (51): Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State
Round 3 (82): Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
Round 3 (101): Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

The Broncos can't feel good about either of their tackle positions right now. I don't have a first-round grade on Robinson, but he was durable in college, starting all 43 games for Alabama the past three seasons. Samuel has great versatility, along with the potential to develop into a good slot receiver who gets a few carries per game as a running back. Beckwith is coming off a torn ACL, but when healthy, I love the physicality he plays with in the run game. Lawson's durability issues could cause him to drop, but he's worth a flyer in this range. He plays hard.

Detroit Lions

Round 1 (21): Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB, UCLA
Round 2 (53): Chris Godwin, WR, Penn State
Round 3 (85): Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech

Finding a pass-rusher to wreak havoc opposite of Ezekiel Ansah should be a priority for Detroit. McKinley plays with an incredible motor, but he needs to learn how to use his hands better as a pass-rusher. Godwin has above-average size (6-1, 209) and excellent ball skills down the field. Hodges doesn't have the most consistent tape, but his upside should intrigue a team like Detroit with a starter already solidified at TE. At 6-6 and 257 pounds, he has a rare combination of size and athleticism and posted an 11-foot-2-inch broad jump at the combine.

Miami Dolphins

Round 1 (22): Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
Round 2 (54): Zach Cunningham, LB Vanderbilt
Round 3 (97): Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State

The Dolphins would be thrilled if Conley lasted until the 22nd pick, given their clear need for more depth at the position. Conley shows excellent ball skills on tape, and teams will like his length (33-inch arms) and speed (4.44 40). Cunningham looks like a three-down linebacker in the NFL, with his ability to cover in space and use his athleticism to cover a lot of ground versus the run. Siragusa's tape is a little erratic, but he has the power, feet and length to quickly develop into a quality starter at guard, where the Dolphins lack an established player on the left side.

New York Giants

Round 1 (23): Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
Round 2 (55): Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida
Round 3 (87): Gerald Everett, TE, South Alabama

The Giants have invested heavily in their front four and secondary the past few offseasons, and I like the idea of adding a playmaker to the second level. Davis still has room to grow in coverage, but he's an elite run defender, showing the ability to react and close on the ball in a hurry (much like Bucs LB Kwon Alexander). Brantley, Davis' Florida teammate, is another disruptive run defender, and Everett's athleticism and ball skills give him the potential to be a pass-catching mismatch at the next level.

Oakland Raiders

Round 1 (24): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
Round 2 (56): Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
Round 3 (88): Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn

Running back is a glaring hole on an otherwise stacked Raiders offense. Cook comes with durability and character concerns, but he's electric in the open field and has shown the ability to create yards on his own. Tabor has a knack for finding the ball, with 28 pass breakups and nine interceptions in three seasons. He falls to the second round after showing lackluster explosiveness (31-inch vertical) and long speed (4.62 40) at the combine. Adams has the natural ability to be a difference-maker on Sundays, but he did not show consistent effort on tape, particularly in 2015. Adams would be worth the risk in Round 3; he's gifted enough to warrant second-round consideration.

Houston Texans

Round 1 (25): Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
Round 2 (57): Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
Round 3 (89): Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee

Ramczyk, who played only one year of major college football after transferring from Division III, is a fringe first-round talent, but so was everyone else still on the board at No. 25 (yes, including the quarterbacks). Houston has a major need at right tackle. Does Ramczyk have the skill set to make that transition after playing on the left side in college? Private workouts could help sway teams one way or another. The Texans don't have much experience at safety right now. Jones isn't a finished product either, but his athleticism (4.41 40 at 220 pounds) and versatility are intriguing. Teams like the Texans, who don't have a long-term answer at QB, should take a passer every single year, hence the selection of Dobbs. He has intriguing physical tools as a dual-threat QB, but he's very much a work in progress as a passer.

Seattle Seahawks

Round 1 (26): Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
Round 2 (58): Taylor Moton, OT/OG, Western Michigan
Round 3 (90): Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown State
Round 3 (102): Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia
Round 3 (106): Zach Banner, OT, USC

Offensive line is a huge need for the Seahawks, but by the time it was their turn in Round 1, four linemen already been taken and none of the ones left presented remotely good value. Instead, I opted for McDowell, who is supremely talented but took too many plays off this past season. Seattle's coaching staff would have as good a chance as any to coax the best out of him. Moton had 52 career starts in college and would give the Seahawks depth at both tackle and guard, and Banner is a massive right tackle prospect (6-8, 353) who thrives as a run-blocker. Rivers dominated the small-school level and has loads of athletic upside. Douglas has terrific length, with nearly 32½-inch arms, and is perfect for Seattle's press-coverage scheme.

Kansas City Chiefs

Round 1 (27): Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
Round 2 (59): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
Round 3 (91): Davis Webb, QB, Cal
Round 3 (104): Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio

The Chiefs lack a true No. 2 corner to play opposite of Marcus Peters. With 47 college starts, many of which came against quality competition, White has the requisite experience to make a smoother transition to the NFL than most rookie cornerbacks. Kamara's tape as a pass-catcher is impressive, and he runs with great determination and physicality. Webb has a lot of room to grow, but he's worth a dice roll in the third round for a team with no established backup QB. ILB Derrick Johnson turns 35 next season and comes off his second torn Achilles. Brown is a steady tackler who has a chance to develop quickly into a starter.

Dallas Cowboys

Round 1 (28): Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
Round 2 (60): Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland
Round 3 (92): Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

Wilson has some of the best ball skills of any defensive back in this class, totaling 14 pass breakups and six interceptions. The Cowboys need more big and physical corners like Wilson (6-1½, 211) after seeing Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne depart in free agency. Dallas also lost safeties J.J. Wilcox and Barry Church, which was the impetus for the Evans pick. He can manufacture big plays (five interceptions), but Evans will need to play with better discipline in the pros. I love Shaheen's tape, and he'd be the perfect tight end to learn from veteran Jason Witten as Witten's career winds to a close. Shaheen ran a 4.79 40 at 278 pounds. That's ridiculous.

Green Bay Packers

Round 1 (29): Charles Harris, OLB, Missouri
Round 2 (61): Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
Round 3 (93): Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

Running back is a need, which I didn't address here, but we see teams get good values all the time on Day 3 (Jordan Howard, for example). Harris has loads of raw ability, winning with speed and an elite first step off the edge, and he'd give the Packers an insurance policy for Clay Matthews, who missed time because of injury last season and has been forced to play inside linebacker in the past. Kupp would quickly become a favorite of Aaron Rodgers; he catches everything thrown his way and is a solid underneath route runner. Sutton won't be much help against the run, but he's a fluid athlete in coverage and brings value as a punt returner.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Round 1 (30): T.J. Watt, DE/OLB, Wisconsin
Round 2 (62): Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
Round 3 (94): Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida
Round 3 (105): KD Cannon, WR, Baylor

Watt continues to move up the board, despite having just one year of notable production at linebacker after suffering a season-ending knee injury in 2014 and undergoing a position change from tight end. He has the frame (6-4, 252) and athleticism (4.69 40, 10-8 broad jump) to continue to develop as a pass-rusher. Moreau needs to improve his ball skills, but he has top-tier coverage ability and physical tools. Anzalone played just one full season at Florida. I'm intrigued by his range against the run and in coverage, though. Cannon is an underdeveloped route runner, but he has the toughness, quickness and top-end speed to develop into a productive slot receiver, which Pittsburgh needs.

Atlanta Falcons

Round 1 (31): Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
Round 2 (63): Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
Round 3 (95): Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama

Charlton might never be an elite player, but he doesn't have many weaknesses. I like how he showed up against top competition in 2016, compiling 5.5 sacks against Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Florida State. Protecting Matt Ryan up the middle is essential to the success of Atlanta's offense (as we saw last season). Feeney rarely gets caught off guard in pass protection. Tomlinson is a stout run defender, something the Falcons sorely need. He's not an every-down player, but Tomlinson would give Atlanta good rotational depth.

Los Angeles Rams

Round 2 (37): Adoree' Jackson, CB/RS, USC
Round 3 (69): Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky

Jackson has a chance to have an immediate impact as a returner. His technique in coverage still needs polishing, but he has elite ball skills and the versatility to make an impact in a number of ways (including on offense). The Rams' starting wide receivers right now are Robert Woods and Tavon Austin. In other words, it's a position Los Angeles should be looking at on Day 2. Taylor led all FBS players with 3,197 receiving yards and 34 touchdown catches the past two seasons. He's tough to bring down after the catch.

Minnesota Vikings

Round 2 (48): Dion Dawkins, G, Temple
Round 3 (79): Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa
Round 3 (86): D'Onta Foreman, RB, Texas

O-line is a massive need for Minnesota, but without a first-round pick, the Vikings are unlikely to get one of the higher-rated players at the position. Dawkins has the necessary length (35-inch arms) to potentially play tackle, but he lined up at guard during Senior Bowl practices, and that might end up being his best fit in the NFL. Johnson is one of the most explosive interior pass-rushers in this class, as he displayed improved strength this past season. The Vikings cut RB Adrian Peterson and signed Latavius Murray in free agency on a low-risk contract. It couldn't hurt to add another running back to the fold. Foreman runs with great power, but durability is a concern.

New England Patriots

Round 3 (72): Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
Round 3 (96): Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State

Williams comes with plenty of off-field character baggage -- he admitted to failing multiple drug tests -- but he'd be worth the risk for New England at pick No. 72, given his first-step quickness off the edge. McMillan improved in coverage throughout his career, but there are still questions as to whether he can be a three-down linebacker in the NFL. He does a nice job of sifting through traffic, and he has great straight-line speed (4.61 40), which shows up against the run.

I agree with him, no QB is a first round grade.  But one team )or more) will get panicky and upset their board and take one.  But if not, it's the first time teams were smart about taking QB players in the round their grade dictates, IMO. So I'm hoping he is right.  There is talent in this QB group, but none of it is starting material ready for the NFL.  Watson would be the closest, IMO, but I'd take Trubiskey over him if I did not have to play him for a year or two.

As far as we are concerned, we need two pass rushers.  So unless there are no pass rushers in round 3 of same or better grade than a WR, Then I could see getting a WR for #2 competition.  But why not address the defensive backfield at that point?  Just have to see how the draft board plays out.  Would really like to know how Ballard is adjusting the Colts scouts draft board.

Remember, the draft big board is initially put together by the scouts during and at the end of the year.  Then the GM and coaches get heavily involved, mainly in the top round selections.  Ballard was involved in the draft process all year via his position as Director of Football Operations in KC, so I feel he has a big leg up on other GM's in this respect. And an extra perspective to the Colts scouting  teams findings. I look forward to this draft.

15 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree with him, no QB is a first round grade.  But one team )or more) will get panicky and upset their board and take one.  But if not, it's the first time teams were smart about taking QB players in the round their grade dictates, IMO. So I'm hoping he is right.  There is talent in this QB group, but none of it is starting material ready for the NFL.  Watson would be the closest, IMO, but I'd take Trubiskey over him if I did not have to play him for a year or two.

What were the grades on Goff and Wentz last year?  I believe they were saying that last year was a bad QB class and that none were graded to be 1st round right?