Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are “taking a hard look” at Joe Mixon

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

As for Mixon's specific issue, it was a weird, random situation with someone with whom he had no relationship. Not really a domestic violence issue, but still very concerning. 

That's interesting.  I thought it was the typical DV problem with him punching a GF or something.  The fact that he had no relationship with her really makes this seem like a one-off incident.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

That's interesting.  I thought it was the typical DV problem with him punching a GF or something.  The fact that he had no relationship with her really makes this seem like a one-off incident.

Yeah, he didn't know her. She said something racial to him and he let her have it. Another question I'm wondering is, "would he have punched the person out if it was a guy, or did he only do it because she was a girl?"

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, he didn't know her. She said something racial to him and he let her have it. Another question I'm wondering is, "would he have punched the person out if it was a guy, or did he only do it because she was a girl?"

I don't know and don't really want to start up with it in this thread.  The notion that some in the sports media are saying that he is undraftable just seems way extreme to me.  Not a first round pick I understand, but he's a candidate for any team beginning with pick 33, IMO, just based on what I've read the last few posts.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't know and don't really want to start up with it in this thread.  The notion that some in the sports media are saying that he is undraftable just seems way extreme to me.  Not a first round pick I understand, but he's a candidate for any team beginning with pick 33, IMO, just based on what I've read the last few posts.

Well, I think it's a valid question. If he hit her because she's a woman, than I would avoid him at all costs because he probably is a woman beater and picks on people weaker than him. If he would hit a guy too, it's likely she just * him off, and he did it in the moment and wouldn't do it again to a woman. There's some context in the question to determine if we should draft him or not.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, I think it's a valid question. If he hit her because she's a woman, than I would avoid him at all costs because he probably is a woman beater and picks on people weaker than him. If he would hit a guy too, it's likely she just * him off, and he did it in the moment and wouldn't do it again to a woman. There's some context in the question to determine if we should draft him or not.

The incident happened nearly 3 years ago.      In that time,  to the best of my knowledge,   not a single woman has come forward to say that they ever had a problem with Joe Mixon.     No one.

This was a one-time incident.   

Doesn't guarantee that nothing will happen in the future,  but the idea that he hit a woman once therefor he'll hit a woman again is a bit much since there's no other evidence to support that.

He didn't hit her because she's a woman.     He hit her because she hit him.     Regretfully,  he responded.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The incident happened nearly 3 years ago.      In that time,  to the best of my knowledge,   not a single woman has come forward to say that they ever had a problem with Joe Mixon.     No one.

Doesn't guarantee that nothing will happen in the future,  but the idea that he hit a woman once therefor he'll hit a woman again is a bit much since there's no other evidence to support that.

He didn't hit her because she's a woman.     He hit her because she hit him.     Regretfully,  he responded.

I agree with this. However, if he does it once, there is always the chance he'll do it again, and teams know it. There is evidence he did it once, and in a league that is tough on this sort of thing, along with the fact he could miss time if he does it again and is a high draft pick, you have to be weary when thinking about drafting him. As I said earlier on this thread, he'll get a chance, the question is when, and how much money did he cost himself?

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with this. However, if he does it once, there is always the chance he'll do it again, and teams know it. There is evidence he did it once, and in a league that is tough on this sort of thing, along with the fact he could miss time if he does it again and is a high draft pick, you have to be weary when thinking about drafting him. As I said earlier on this thread, he'll get a chance, the question is when, and how much money did he cost himself?

The likely answer to that question is a pretty good chunk of change....

Nixon probably would've been a top-15 overall player. 

Now,  he may be a top-15 player in the 2nd round.       I'd have to do some research,  but I suspect that's a good amount of money.....

A quick check at Spotrac shows that Mixon likely cost himself roughly 7 Million in salary over 4-5 years and 5 million of that in guaranteed signing bonus.

He'd make 12 Mill in salary with a 1st round deal with 7 of that as the SB.

As a 2nd rounder,  he'd make roughly 5 Million in salary with about 2 mill as the SB.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A quick check at Spotrac shows that Mixon likely cost himself roughly 7 Million in salary over 4-5 years and 5 million of that in guaranteed signing bonus.

He'd make 12 Mill in salary with a 1st round deal with 7 of that as the SB.

As a 2nd rounder,  he'd make roughly 5 Million in salary with about 2 mill as the SB.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

Thanks NCF! Much appreciated on the research! It's actually worse than that, because an RB's career is so short compared to other positions. He'll only have one chance to cash in most likely and if he underperforms some in his first contract, he may have to play for less again. He'll have to go balls to the walls and prove he deserves a huge payday in his 2nd contract to set him up for life.

I honestly don"t have a problem with the Colts drafting Mixon. I wont be hanging out with him, and i am raising my children,not the Colts. Besides, for the price of one ticket you could see Mixon pound the rock and Erin Andrews,priceless.

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You should not have such a hard time getting the facts straight. This is all over the net. Gender played no role in his reasoning for hitting her. He hit her because she hit him.. I'm not saying equal fights for equal rights. I don't think men should hit women. The men in my family taught me that at an early age.  You don't hit women no discussion about it.

This was not a DV assault. He was a young person when this happened. I have not heard anything to make me think it wasn't an isolated incident. Everyone isn't fortunate enough to have good role models. I don't know anything about Mixon's upbringing. I don't know if he did or didn't. 

I know I made my share of mistakes. I do my best to learn from them and move on. I think this kids being judged pretty harshly on here. This isn't a grown man knocking his fiancé out cold. I find it interesting that no one seems to have a problem with Lewis being mocked to us.. He was charged with DV at an age he defiantly should have known better. 

The only problem I would have drafting Mixon is I think we need to focus elsewhere until day 3. Mixon is going in that slew of 3rd round comp picks if he makes it out of the top 50. The kid was 17 when it happened. He was punished and has owned it. That's more than can be said about Lewis or Cook. I don't hear any complaints about the possibility if drafting them. That's very interesting because Mixon looks to be the lesser of the 3 on a punk scale.

9 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You should not have such a hard time getting the facts straight. This is all over the net. Gender played no role in his reasoning for hitting her. He hit her because she hit him.. I'm not saying equal fights for equal rights. I don't think men should hit women. The men in my family taught me that at an early age.  You don't hit women no discussion about it.

This was not a DV assault. He was a young person when this happened. I have not heard anything to make me think it wasn't an isolated incident. Everyone isn't fortunate enough to have good role models. I don't know anything about Mixon's upbringing. I don't know if he did or didn't. 

I know I made my share of mistakes. I do my best to learn from them and move on. I think this kids being judged pretty harshly on here. This isn't a grown man knocking his fiancé out cold. I find it interesting that no one seems to have a problem with Lewis being mocked to us.. He was charged with DV at an age he defiantly should have known better. 

The only problem I would have drafting Mixon is I think we need to focus elsewhere until day 3. Mixon is going in that slew of 3rd round comp picks if he makes it out of the top 50. The kid was 17 when it happened. He was punished and has owned it. That's more than can be said about Lewis or Cook. I don't hear any complaints about the possibility if drafting them. That's very interesting because Mixon looks to be the lesser of the 3 on a punk scale.

It really doesn't matter if It was a Domestic Violence assault or not. Whether it's a homeless woman or the queen of England, he still hit a woman and it has nothing to do whether he was in a relationship. Teams know he did it once, and he's now capable of doing it again if the right situation happens. For all we know, he hasn't been in a relationship where he's had an opportunity to do something like this. He's still young. 

25 minutes ago, Samu-Rye said:

I honestly don"t have a problem with the Colts drafting Mixon. I wont be hanging out with him, and i am raising my children,not the Colts. Besides, for the price of one ticket you could see Mixon pound the rock and Erin Andrews,priceless.

This made me laugh, had to give it a like. LOL. :) 

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It really doesn't matter if It was a Domestic Violence assault or not. Whether it's a homeless woman or the queen of England, he still hit a woman and it has nothing to do whether he was in a relationship. Teams know he did it once, and he's now capable of doing it again if the right situation happens. For all we know, he hasn't been in a relationship where he's had an opportunity to do something like this. He's still young. 

We as a society gave the act it's own term but there's no difference. He is young so he may not have had the chance yet? Wow talk about intelligent and very insightful. DV could be against his mother sister sibling etc. You might notice a pattern or not. There is a direct correlation with the hierarchy of the family system.. It doesn't have to be man hitting women though typically is.  DV is bigger than strangers hitting each other probably why it's not just called assault 

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There are similar sayings like "once a cheater, always a cheater". "Once a criminal, always a criminal". The fact is when you do something once (good or bad), you are more likely to do it again in the future if a similar situation arises. This is why a lot of teams are weary of him, for the PR nightmare and the possible amount of time he could miss for a high pick should he do it again in a league heavily against domestic violence.

I respect the hades out of you as a provocative writer & critical thinker Jared. I don't  think you really believe that. The once a criminal always a criminal line. I get what you're saying on a scrutiny PR front. Here's my take on Mixon: Was it a foolish act? Sure. Did that decision display poor conflict resolution. Uh huh. Do I condone violence against women? Absolutely not. However, perhaps Mr. Mixon never had a role model in his life to show him how to handle tense situations or maybe his life circumstances taught him to protect & always look out for yourself as a means of survival. Why throw away a person or their earning potential over 1 boneheaded mistake? Have him receive mandatory counseling & give the kid a 2nd chance. 

Maybe it's because I grew up with a disability that makes me always have to fight the misconception that just because I have motor limitations it doesn't mean I'm stupid. All I'm getting at here is how can a dude redeem himself if he's regarded as a perpetual black sheep for 1 bad decision? 

Again, you're cool. I've got no qualms with you at all Jared. Micheal Vick turned his life around thanks to Andy Reid. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are we not counting the female parking attendant anymore? Cuz she definitely came forward saying she had a problem with Mixon. 

Its not a one off incident if hes been suspended for altercations with females twice. Is it a fact that he has something against women? Absolutely not. It could just be that he has anger issues and really bad judgement (which is still a huge red flag). Might just be a coincidence that both his altercations were with females. But it does have to factor into your risk management when doing your due diligence. 

As ive said before, I hope Ballard takes a thorough look at him, and while I personally wouldnt touch Mixon before the 3rd/4th, I know that if Ballard pulls the trigger earlier it will be because he has more information than any of us and knows what he is getting into. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I respect the hades out of you as a provocative writer & critical thinker Jared. I don't you really believe that. The once a criminal always a criminal line. I get what you're saying on a scrutiny PR front. Here's my take on Mixon: Was it a foolish act? Sure. Did that decision display poor conflict resolution. Uh huh. Do I condone violence against women? Absolutely not. However, perhaps Mr. Mixon never had a role model in his life to show him how to handle tense situations or maybe his life circumstances taught him to protect & always look out for yourself as a means of survival. Why throw away a person or their earning potential over 1 boneheaded mistake? Have him receive mandatory counseling & give the kid a 2nd chance. 

Maybe it's because I grew up with a disability that makes me always have to fight the misconception that just because I have motor limitations it doesn't mean I'm stupid. All I'm getting at here is how can a dude redeem himself if he's regarded as a perpetual black sheep for 1 bad decision? 

Again, you're cool. I've got no qualms with you at all Jared. Micheal Vick turned his life around thanks to Andy Reid. 

I appreciate the praise. You are a really good guy on here. It's not that I don't think he deserves a 2nd chance, it's that we have to be very careful in drafting him (as does any other team). Anyone can change, but a lot can happen after the draft and there's risk involved with him partying (most likely), being in relationships, random encounters. If anything happens, they will crack down hard on him with suspensions. I'm mostly worried about the team and want to protect us in case anything happens. It's a deep RB class, and I want to err on the side of caution. He can definitely change, but I don't want us to be at risk.

16 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Are we not counting the female parking attendant anymore? Cuz she definitely came forward saying she had a problem with Mixon. 

Its not a one off incident if hes been suspended for altercations with females twice. Is it a fact that he has something against women? Absolutely not. It could just be that he has anger issues and really bad judgement (which is still a huge red flag). Might just be a coincidence that both his altercations were with females. But it does have to factor into your risk management when doing your due diligence. 

As ive said before, I hope Ballard takes a thorough look at him, and while I personally wouldnt touch Mixon before the 3rd/4th, I know that if Ballard pulls the trigger earlier it will be because he has more information than any of us and knows what he is getting into. 

I didn't see the issue with the parking attendant because she's a woman.     I saw it as a problem with authority.

I could easily be wrong,  but that was my read of things...

I think all this discussion is interesting,  but in the end,  just an academic exercise.

Hard for me to see Mixon being there when we pick 46th overall.     I think he's gone before then.

But if he's there,   I'm guessing that we pass at that point.....       Guess we'll all find out in two weeks.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I didn't see the issue with the parking attendant because she's a woman.     I saw it as a problem with authority.

I could easily be wrong,  but that was my read of things...

I think all this discussion is interesting,  but in the end,  just an academic exercise.

Hard for me to see Mixon being there when we pick 46th overall.     I think he's gone before then.

But if he's there,   I'm guessing that we pass at that point.....       Guess we'll all find out in two weeks.

Im not sure what his reasoning was and I wont pretend to know. Like I said it could very well be a coincidence that she was a woman. But at the end of the day you cant really say that no other female has had an issue with him. 

Im guessing he wont last to our Second pick either, and I sure dont want to trade up for him. We have too many needs to be packaging multiple picks for him.  

I will say that I am happy that CB is doing his due diligence, after seeing us looking into Mixon, Jourdan Lewis and Tim Williams. 

22 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Im not sure what his reasoning was and I wont pretend to know. Like I said it could very well be a coincidence that she was a woman. But at the end of the day you cant really say that no other female has had an issue with him. 

Im guessing he wont last to our Second pick either, and I sure dont want to trade up for him. We have too many needs to be packaging multiple picks for him.  

I will say that I am happy that CB is doing his due diligence, after seeing us looking into Mixon, Jourdan Lewis and Tim Williams. 

Yeah,  I have no problem doing the due diligence...     I'd expect that from my GM.     I'm glad CB is covering every base.

I believe in 2nd chances,  and I'd review each situation on a case by case basis.

My comment about female was more to the point of him being violent with them.     I'm not sure this example qualifies,   but I recognize that different people are going to see this one differently.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I appreciate the praise. You are a really good guy on here. It's not that I don't think he deserves a 2nd chance, it's that we have to be very careful in drafting him (as does any other team). Anyone can change, but a lot can happen after the draft and there's risk involved with him partying (most likely), being in relationships, random encounters. If anything happens, they will crack down hard on him with suspensions. I'm mostly worried about the team and want to protect us in case anything happens. It's a deep RB class, and I want to err on the side of caution. He can definitely change, but I don't want us to be at risk.

Thanks for the kind words on my behalf Jared. The check is in the mail. Just joking! 

You're right from the perspective if Joe did something similar again; he'd be done in the league given the zero tolerance for multiple rule breaks via the CBA. I do like it though when established franchises with a strong locker room & coaching staff take a troubled back under their collective wing. I heard Shannon Sharpe on FS1's Undisputed say that the real reason that some people have an issue with Mixon is because he will have an opportunity to make millions in the NFL after striking a woman vs say working as a salesmen or an occupation that doesn't pay so handsomely once a player is drafted & Shannon is right about the money resentment factor. 

If we don't draft Mixon, that's fine, but once in awhile, I'd like INDY to take on a guy with a checkered past just to show other teams what real redemption looks like. Part of me is bothered that so many organizations took him off their draft board entirely regardless of round. Not every player with a scrape on their record is Aaron Hernandez or a hopeless cause. 

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the kind words on my behalf Jared. The check is in the mail. Just joking! 

You're right from the perspective if Joe did something similar again; he'd be done in the league given the zero tolerance for multiple rule breaks via the CBA. I do like it though when established franchises with a strong locker room & coaching staff take a troubled back under their collective wing. I heard Shannon Sharpe on FS1's Undisputed say that the real reason that some people have an issue with Mixon is because he will have an opportunity to make millions in the NFL after striking a woman vs say working as a salesmen or an occupation that doesn't pay so handsomely once a player is drafted & Shannon is right about the money resentment factor. 

If we don't draft Mixon, that's fine, but once in awhile, I'd like INDY to take on a guy with a checkered past just to show other teams what real redemption looks like. Part of me is bothered that so many organizations took him off their draft board entirely regardless of round. Not every player with a scrape on their record is Aaron Hernandez or a hopeless cause. 

Well....   for what it's worth,  off the top of my head,  these were the draft gambles that Indy took with Grigson as the GM....

2012 --- Brazill  (Marijuana)

2013 --- Boyett  (Alcohol)     Hughes  (Problems at Tennessee; kicked out of school and transferred)

2014 --- Thornton (personal demons, private life)   Newsome (drugs, law)   Jackson (don't recall specifics)

2015 --- No one that I can recall

2016 --- No one that I can recall

Turns out,  we struck out on every player we gambled on.    Grigson alway said,  "no knuckleheads until after R4"   and even with that concept,  none of them worked out.     They all had problems that stopped them from being a professional football player.     And only Thornton and Hughes are on another NFL roster.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A good post here NCF. I like posts like this for 2 reasons: 1. It reminds folks that a true pattern of bad decision making has to exist before anyone can assert with authority that this athlete is more trouble then their talent would dictate longterm & 2. I always wonder why Soccer Goalie Hope Solo's domestic violence or physical violence issues in another sport are rarely ever mentioned by media pundits. Double standards always infuriate me. Hope Solo doesn't get to pretend like just because she's a female that she is incapable of aggression off the field. 

Yes, I know. I brought up Hope Solo not you. I was just noting a pet peeve of mine gender wise that's all on the fairness scale. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   for what it's worth,  off the top of my head,  these were the draft gambles that Indy took with Grigson as the GM....

2013 --- Boyett  (Alcohol)     Hughes  (Problems at Tennessee; kicked out of school and transferred)

2014 --- Thornton (personal demons, private life)   Newsome (drugs, law)   Jackson (don't recall specifics)

Turns out,  we struck out on every player we gambled on.    Grigson alway said,  "no knuckleheads until after R4"   and even with that concept,  none of them worked out.     They all had problems that stopped them from being a professional football player.     And only Thornton and Hughes are on another NFL roster.

Jeez, if this was just off the top of your head...It's pretty impressive. Solid recall there from a darn good reporter by trade my friend. :thmup:

One could make the argument that due to their booze & pot infractions these players were cheaper to sign on our roster. Translation: These moves could be seen more as fiscally sound salary cap wise vs charitable or philanthropic/redemption based in scope though. I know; I know the NFL is not the Red Cross. But, you get what I'm driving at. 

My point is this: The reason I respect Andy Reid so much is that he took a chance on a toxic player Micheal Vick convicted of cruelty to animals & illegal dog fighting when nobody wanted to touch him as an ex con. That takes balls. I admire withstanding that kind of scorching heat along with Tony Dungy's recommendation. That's what I mean by 2nd chances. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly.

He's. still young. I think teams should wait until he turns 60. If he doesn't  hit another woman by then, then it would be ok to draft him.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, that decision to not maintain his composure will cost Joe considerable greenback in 15 days or so...

9 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Exactly.

He's. still young. I think teams should wait until he turns 60. If he doesn't  hit another woman by then, then it would be ok to draft him.

Dark sarcasm at it's finest right there LJ. I know; I know. It's taboo to say that because it's sounds like I'm endorsing or rewarding deplorable behavior if I smirk at that or that I am mocking the hypocrisy of the NFL which likes to pretend it's wholesome, family entertainment as linemen collide with one another, sustain brain trauma; & reduce the quality of their life later on while most owners who were never players themselves reap the biggest financial rewards. 

That's why I like Europeans on average & some select Americans--They grasp the joy in forbidden humor. Stuff we're not supposed to say publicly but laugh at privately anyway. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The difference with Mixon is he is much more talented then any of these guys. Let's face it Grig's struggled to draft guy's who got a second contract. It didn't matter if they were choir boys or knuckleheads.  

I find it interesting that no one seems to have issue with Lewis or Cook. Cook has a lot of off the field issues. Lewis just picked up a DV charge. Mixon made a poor choice when he was 17.

I agree with you NCF it will not matter He will go top 50 most likely. If he slides I don't think he makes it through the sea of comp pick at the end of the 2nd day. I dont expect to go RB before day 3. 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He did have the issue with the female parking attendant. I don't know how serious that actually was, but I'm sure teams are asking questions about it.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

He did have the issue with the female parking attendant. I don't know how serious that actually was, but I'm sure teams are asking questions about it.

Yes....     I know,  a number of posters have pointed that out to me...

My response is,   that I don't believe his issue with the parking attendant was that she was female.    I think his problem was that she was the authority and she was giving him a ticket.   

I could easily be wrong,  but that is my read of things on that particular issue....

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....     I know,  a number of posters have pointed that out to me...

My response is,   that I don't believe his issue with the parking attendant was that she was female.    I think his problem was that she was the authority and she was giving him a ticket.   

I could easily be wrong,  but that is my read of things on that particular issue....

Sure, but let's say the "story" is true, that he acted aggressively toward her. The question should be asked -- is he prone to be aggressive toward women in general? It might be a reach, it's not something I'm saying is true, but it's definitely something I'd be looking into if I were considering drafting him. 

A lot of you would not like me as the GM, because there is not a chance in hell I would take him.

I will be very disappointed if we draft Mixon. We can't reward people who do things like this.

This is not a character flaw; it is a character disaster. 

Gosh, I mean i really would love to see us take care of some defensive stuff in the first two picks, but I can't really argue the talent level we'd be getting out of him even as a second rounder. The guy would be going in the top 10 if he hadn't made the mistake he did. A true 3-down back with all-pro potential. Talk about taking pressure off Luck. Still there are promising backs in the mid-late rounds. Lbers and secondary for our first 3 picks please!

15 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

The more I watch that video, the more I think that Mixon did nothing wrong.

It is very wrong for a man (football player strength) to hit a 5 foot 110-115 pound woman, and knock her out.

It is disgusting. 

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but Mixon didn't even have a good reason to come over to that table talking to the girl in the first place.  When you watch the video she was standing at the table talking to whoever was sitting down.  Mixon wasn't even in the room yet.  The girl really wasn't even paying any attention to him until he comes in the restaurant and walks up to the table and says a couple things which I assume make her angry and then she turns around and tries to slap him.  He could have avoided the whole mess to be honest.  She wasn't even talking to him to begin with.  Looked to me like he involved himself in that situation and he didn't have to.

Just now, krunk said:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but Mixon didn't even have a good reason to come over to that table talking to the girl in the first place.  When you watch the video she was standing at the table talking to whoever was sitting down.  Mixon wasn't even in the room yet.  The girl really wasn't even paying any attention to him until he comes in the restaurant and walks up to the table and says a couple things and then she turns around and tries to slap him.  He could have avoided the whole mess to be honest.

To me; it is real simple. He was looking for a reason to hit that girl (or hit somebody). Not sure what he said to that little dude, but it is what set the woman off. The little guy was trying to avoid Mixon too, and might have come in there to get away from him..

That girl was 5"5' with at least 4 inch heals on. She has to be right around 5 foot tall, and at most she weighed 115. 

HE IS 6'1 227!

A good person would have walked away long before it got to that point. You could NEVER trust a person who would do something like that. 

If Joe Mixon is on this team then I will stop watching the Colts. I am not kidding. I haven't missed a game since the inception of the Indianapolis Colts. I will stop being a fan of this team. I am more than okay with giving people second chances, but not people who beat up on little girls. I am not gullible to believe that our football players are angels. We all make mistakes. That is a death blow mistake. A person is dead to me after that.

That is someones daughter. 

12 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

To me; it is real simple. He was looking for a reason to hit that girl (or hit somebody). Not sure what he said to that little dude, but it is what set the woman off. The little guy was trying to avoid Mixon too, and might have come in there to get away from him..

That girl was 5"5' with at least 4 inch heals on. She has to be right around 5 foot tall, and at most she weighed 115. 

HE IS 6'1 227!

A good person would have walked away long before it got to that point. You could NEVER trust a person who would do something like that. 

If Joe Mixon is on this team then I will stop watching the Colts. I am not kidding. I haven't missed a game since the inception of the Indianapolis Colts. I will stop being a fan of this team. I am more than okay with giving people second chances, but not people who beat up on little girls. I am not gullible to believe that our football players are angels. We all make mistakes. That is a death blow mistake. A person is dead to me after that.

That is someones daughter. 

Why didn't you stop watching the team when walden was signed?