Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ron Jaworsky's Take On The 2017 College QBs

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Jaws said he would not draft any of the QBs in the first round of the upcoming draft. That says something so I'm wondering when was the last draft that none of the first rounders were QBs.

www.drafthistory.com

Looks like 1996 was the most recent. I think the fifth-year option will guarantee at least one QB is taken in round 1.

I agree with Jaws' analysis,  but there is so much demand for QB's and teams know without one,  you've got almost no shot.      So,  my guess is two will be taken (I like Watson and Trubisky)   but I would not be surprised if teams trade up to the bottom of the 1st round to grab either Mahomes or Kizer.      Teams want the 5th year to work with quarterbacks....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I agree with Jaws' analysis,  but there is so much demand for QB's and teams know without one,  you've got almost no shot.      So,  my guess is two will be taken (I like Watson and Trubisky)   but I would not be surprised if teams trade up to the bottom of the 1st round to grab either Mahomes or Kizer.      Teams want the 5th year to work with quarterbacks....

Agreed as well. There are a lot of mediocre QB`s starting in the NFL at the moment. With that being said, QB`s are in high demand, but this is not the year of the QB. Personally, I don`t like any of these guys as potential 1st rounders. Also, not a fan of spread option QB`s. They can have a difficult time adjusting the NFL.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

but I would not be surprised if teams trade up to the bottom of the 1st round to grab either Mahomes or Kizer.      Teams want the 5th year to work with quarterbacks....

I could also see this happening.  In addition to the 5th year, teams will feel they need to hop in front of CLE/SF/CHI at the top of the 2nd.  Hell they may even have to hop KC or PIT.

4 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I could also see this happening.  In addition to the 5th year, teams will feel they need to hop in front of CLE/SF/CHI at the top of the 2nd.  Hell they may even have to hop KC or PIT.

Good points,  very good points.    Well said.

And teams won't learn from what happened with Goff last year.     And a number of these guys are not even as good as good as Goff was in college.     They'll have all the same learning curve issues on the NFL level that Goff did and likely still does.

Nobody can find 32 QB's walking the face of the Earth that can play NFL level quarterback.......

I feel bad for any team that doesn't have a good player there....

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Agreed as well. There are a lot of mediocre QB`s starting in the NFL at the moment. With that being said, QB`s are in high demand, but this is not the year of the QB. Personally, I don`t like any of these guys as potential 1st rounders. Also, not a fan of spread option QB`s. They can have a difficult time adjusting the NFL.

I'm with you all the way, my friend!     What we saw with Goff last year,   well,  history could soon be repeating itself in 2017....    perhaps even a number of times....

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

I hope 14 teams before the Colts draft take a quarterback. I would love for the Colts to be able to take Myles Garrett or Solomon Thomas

That's a good dream.  I really doubt the rumor that the Browns are taking a QB at 1.  But then again, it is the Browns.

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Lol, I don't disagree with Jaws this year BUT with what he said of Kaepernick I think he should keep his qb opinions to himself a few more years.

YSU is one of my Alma's, so I really hate to say anything bad about him.  But that was a pretty bold statement from a guy who's supposed to know QBs.