Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins visited Colts today (merge)

bertjones7

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Not nearly as much as he was asking for. He could be had for 6-7 mil but the question is if CB is willing to pay that. If he doesn't like NYs offer he's not ganna take it until he absolutely has to. Money talks, he'd leave NY in a heart beat for the right offer. 

Yeah but Ballard has been penny pinching the entire Free Agency period. I'd be shocked if he gave a substantially better offer. We will see.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, stitches said:

Hankins supposedly posted this on his snapchat several hours ago:

6gg9zgpppxqy.jpg

Typically a hand on a chin would suggest that he's thinking.     And that might be encouraging.    Perhaps he'll take that offer and shop it?      Perhaps he'll think and decide to accept.      Perhaps he'll think and decide his heart is in New York.      Who knows?

But the furrowed brow on the emoji might also suggest a bad case of constipation.....

So,   there is always that........         :dunno:            :scratch:

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Off topic but further reason we should draft a guy like Reddick. He can play in any package.

But back on topic, we still need a stout NT nonetheless. However given that statistic, I think it'd be better to draft a NT. Why spend money on a guy who may only been in on <58% of the snaps? I'd just draft a Stevie T, Vincent Taylor, or Grover Stewart and see what they can do. 

If they don't sign Hankins I think they will draft a NT.  The best thing about Hankins he is only 25 and has already proved he can play at a high level in this league.  The draft gives you rookies and you don't know who is going to make it.  He would be a young impactful instant starter.   Worth the money IMO. 

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

From a Colts.com article.
" Last year, the Colts were in sub packages for around 65 percent of their defensive snaps, so the need to rely on Woods/Parry will primarily only be needed on earlier downs."
 This would add up to about 375 plays.  We play more 4-2.

There is still a NT and an UT in a 4-2...... not the exact same responsibilities as a 3-4 NT, but it's filled by a NT nonetheless

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Typically a hand on a chin would suggest that he's thinking.     And that might be encouraging.    Perhaps he'll take that offer and shop it?      Perhaps he'll think and decide to accept.      Perhaps he'll think and decide his heart is in New York.      Who knows?

But the furrowed brow on the emoji might also suggest a bad case of constipation.....

So,   there is always that........         :dunno:            :scratch:

He might just have to poop

No deal announced and he visited yesterday. Either there is some serious negotiation going on or he is already gone.. Due to lack of any news on anything serious, I'm guessing the latter... I guess he is still asking for too much money.

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

It would be a nice addition to the Defense as it eliminates some uncertainty about the draft but Ballard has shown that he's not going to Grigsonize free agency.  

The fact that they actually had a meeting after all this time tells me they were now close to a deal.  Hopefully both sides going back to massage the details and get it done. 

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe this season will cut my swearing and dry wall repair down.:)

I say that every year, but still keep a bucket of topping compound handy in the basement beside my drywall tools.

The swearing part, well, I doubt that ever changes..... mostly because of the officiating. 

1 hour ago, Ratking said:

Not sure what getting a guy on what will likely be a one year deal does for a team in rebuild mode like the Colts.

Well come September, they will be playing football again.  It enables them to maintain what appears to be their  BPA philosophy in the draft.  It enables them to get a look at a guy that is young enough that they might want to bring back to a longer term contract.

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

Maybe this season will cut my swearing and dry wall repair down.:)

Lol, good one!

That reminds me of the old days when we were in the same division with the dolphins who we HATED MORE than anything. They were on local tv everyweek and my brother and I would explode after every first down, score, or flag that went their way.

We had a uncle visit from out of state and he seen the hole in wall and said "I see they still at it". haha 

I think what happened probably was that we are in serious talks with him about signing him (knowing Ballard, probably a reasonable one-year deal with like upto 7-8 million or something) and that he took that seriously but didn't sign because he wants to go back to the Giants with that deal and try to renegotiate. 

At the beginning of free agency, it is very common for someone to visit one place and then sign right then and there before visiting another place because teams are putting their full foot forward. At this stage in the game, for a guy like Hankins, it is not surprising at all that he visits and leaves without a deal. For him, he is trying to maximize his value and he doesn't do that by simply signing with us immediately after visiting. 

I think our chances at getting him are 30-40%. Look for a one year deal if he signs with us. If he signs with the Giants, it will either be a one year deal greater than the Colts or he just basically gave in and accepted the long term deal.