Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins visited Colts today (merge)

bertjones7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Listen, dude, you stated Booger was great, and I disagreed. I`m done with you now, go play with somebody else. I stand by everything I wrote. Don`t like, then it`s your problem.  

Wait, but u commented on my post first. And i never said booger was great. I said colts haven't had a solid or decent DT since Booger. Where is great in that sentence. Now u go and do all the stuff u accusing me of. Lol wow

53 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You think Booger was solid? I beg to differ on that. Corey Simon for 1st year was great. Then you have to go back to Tony MCcoy and Goose.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Wait, but u commented on my post first. And i never said booger was great. I said colts haven't had a solid or decent DT since Booger. Where is great in that sentence. Now u go and do all the stuff u accusing me of. Lol wow

Even after replying to my post, you put Solid. Not great so what are u talking about Grandpa

20 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't take issue with that. I took issue with the comment that, if you think Booger is overrated, you're undermining the Colts SB, as if he was the catalyst.

I already mentioned Langford and Anderson, both of whom are better now than the Booger was in 2006.

Why did the Colts sign Booger? What came of the signing? Alright then.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

That's the key. Most places have delicious french fries if they are fresh. 

McDonald's used have the best fries ever. But that was years ago (probably decades) before they changed the oil. They also used to fry everything in that delicious oil...often in the same fryer. That's when Fish Filets and Fried Pies were so good. 

Bring back the lard!

42 minutes ago, Superman said:

Such a bad argument, and everyone knows it.  You might as well argue that Dylan Gandy or Gilbert Gardner were good, strictly because we didn't win a SB without them... 

Booger was good. He is not the standard by which all DTs should be measured. And he was at the end of his career in 2006. With him starting 11 games, the Colts gave up an average of 173 rushing yards/game. He was only moderate as a difference maker. 

Ugh, Gilbert Gardner...I'd rather rinse my mouth out in the toilet than think of that guy again.

46 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Bears went 13-3 that year and had a suffocating D. People can talk about Rex Grossman all they want, but the Colts had to run the AFC gauntlet just to get to that Super Bowl.

It's funny how people see things.  That Super Bowl Raven Team during the Ray Lewis murder trials was even more terrible on Offense than Chicago, but nobody ever calls that team a terrible Super Bowl team.  But the Bears were shaped similar and people call them a terrible Super Bowl team.  It's funny sometimes!

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's funny how people see things.  That Super Bowl Raven Team during the Ray Lewis murder trials was even more terrible on Offense than Chicago, but nobody ever calls that team a terrible Super Bowl team.  But the Bears were shaped similar and people call them a terrible Super Bowl team.  It's funny sometimes!

The NFC was generally bad that year. All of the truly "great" teams were definitely on the AFC side, to the point that most people consider the AFCCG between IND & NE as that year's Super Bowl.

I think it's going to take a pretty solid offer from the Colts to lure Hankins away from the Giants to be honest.  There's a nice amount of beef and talent in that Giants D and their offense has some good parts too.  It's a good situation and it's always great to stay where you're respected.  In my mind to leave that I'm sure he's looking to see a nice sized bag of cash.  Not sure how motivated Chris B is on the financial side of things which is why I think he'll stay in New York.

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

LOL the folks saying "get it through your head, he doesn't play Nose, so the team isn't even interested"

From a Colts.com article.
" Last year, the Colts were in sub packages for around 65 percent of their defensive snaps, so the need to rely on Woods/Parry will primarily only be needed on earlier downs."
 This would add up to about 375 plays.  We play more 4-2.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think it's going to take a pretty solid offer from the Colts to lure Hankins away from the Giants to be honest.  There's a nice amount of beef and talent in that Giants D and their offense has some good parts too.  It's a good situation and it's always great to stay where you're respected.  In my mind to leave that I'm sure he's looking to see a nice sized bag of cash.  Not sure how motivated Chris B is on the financial side of things which is why I think he'll stay in New York.

Not nearly as much as he was asking for. He could be had for 6-7 mil but the question is if CB is willing to pay that. If he doesn't like NYs offer he's not ganna take it until he absolutely has to. Money talks, he'd leave NY in a heart beat for the right offer. 

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

From what I have been reading it doesn't sound like they are offering him a decent contract.  If they were he would have signed by now.   I agree it's always good to stay where you are wanted and respected but he might not feel that he is.  If they really wanted and valued him what is taking so long?  Why does he need a one year prove it deal from a team that knows him pretty well?  kind of insulting if you ask me.  I would assume the Colts offered him a contract and now he has a choice.  I expect he will give NY a chance to beat it and if they don't I am expecting he signs with us.  At least I hope so. 

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

" Last year, the Colts were in sub packages for around 65 percent of their defensive snaps, so the need to rely on Woods/Parry will primarily only be needed on earlier downs."

Thanks. I tried to find that stat recently.  @NewColtsFan asked me about it when I said we play a 4-3 as much or more than a 3-4.   You're more correct, the sub package is more of a nickel lb or slot corner.  

A great NT would be nice but Hankins definitely fits our D.  

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They have a loaded baked potato that's a meal in itself. It's a decent trade-off for mediocre fries, but I agree their french fry game needs some work.

If a franchise had Wendy's burgers & loaded potato with McDonald's fries they could be "Pats level "dynastic as far the fast food burger league goes.  They should have brought in a GM to improve their fry game years ago.  What are they doing?

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If a franchise had Wendy's burgers & loaded potato with McDonald's fries they could be "Pats level "dynastic as far the fast food burger league goes.  They should have brought in a GM to improve their fry game years ago.  What are they doing?

Culver's is no slouch. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Except that the Giants played him out of position last year causing his numbers to dip.  They moved him from the nose for another guy that they liked better.  Playing out of position with the Giants will make it harder for him to put up the numbers he needs to in order to get paid like he wants.  So Hankins best play may be to sign a short term deal with a team like Indy who will play him at the nose and give him a better opportunity to position himself for a bigger pay day down the road.

18 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Pats level, I agree. Great Post. Rallies Fries with Steak N Shake burgers would be 49ers level when they had Joe Montana, Rice, and Lott.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

how did that work for our defense? will we try this again? hoping it works better

Since it took time and effort on both sides to put together a meeting like this, and neither would waste the others time, they must be in the ballpark to go this far. The emoge tells me he received an offer worth pondering, rather than Just a truckload of cash and a pen. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pats level, I agree. Great Post. Rallies Fries with Steak N Shake burgers would be 49ers level when they had Joe Montana, Rice, and Lott.

Yes that would be quite iconic.  lol

My first Steak N Shake experience was actually during my first trip to Indy to see the Colts play.  This was probably a couple of seasons before the end of the Manning era.  We stayed in Greenville and there was a Steak N Shake close by.  Been in love with that place ever since.  We now have a couple in my area.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yes that would be quite iconic.  lol

My first Steak N Shake experience was during my first trip to Indy to see the Colts play.  This was probably a couple of seasons before the end of the Manning era.  We stayed in Greenville and there was a Steak N Shake close by.  Been in love with that place ever since.  We now have a couple in my area.

Their 5 way chili rocks too. I do like their fries but there are better one's. Man a Steak n Shake Burger with everything on it Is like Peyton throwing a TD to Marv!

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Off topic but further reason we should draft a guy like Reddick. He can play in any package.

But back on topic, we still need a stout NT nonetheless. However given that statistic, I think it'd be better to draft a NT. Why spend money on a guy who may only been in on <58% of the snaps? I'd just draft a Stevie T, Vincent Taylor, or Grover Stewart and see what they can do. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This conversation reminds me of the South Park where Cartman was dipping McD's fries into KFC gravy. "I believe the French call this poutine."

That's '90s Bulls level elite.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This conversation reminds me of the South Park where Cartman was dipping McD's fries into KFC gravy. "I believe the French call this poutine."

That's '90s Bulls level elite.

KFC is Great stuff. I have to really think what could match Michael Jordan level. That might be St Elmos Steak, Bake Potato with Butter and Sour Cream, and their Shrimp cocktail.

49 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

McDonalds fries suck ever since they changed the oil.  I wont even eat them anymore