Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins visited Colts today (merge)

bertjones7

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Give him a one year deal and tell him to hire a better agent. He'll get a better deal next year in free agency, and we get a 3rd round comp pick in 2019. 

He already fired his agent AFAIK.

edit: seems like I was wrong - it was Zach Brown that fired his agent, not Hankins.

Just now, stitches said:

He already fired his agent AFAIK.

Good move. That increases the value of whatever contract he does sign by 10-15% (or whatever he was paying his agent). He should look for "the perfect spot" and do a reasonable one year deal, then hire Rosenhaus or Condon and cash in next year. I can't imagine that he can't get $5-6m for one year.

And I should add, I haven't been jumping up and down about him, but he'd definitely improve our NT situation, especially since Parry is questionable. Since we didn't add Bennie Logan (:() and lost out on Poe (not too upset about that), Hankins is an acceptable option to me. At the right price, of course.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I see a lot of speculation about his agents being the issue, but I don't see where he fired them...

My bad. It seems like it was Zach Brown that fired his agent, not Hankins. I remembered one of the highly touted FAs that didn't get big contract and was left on the market for a long time, fired his agent. Got them mixed up.

23 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That could literally mean he's trying to decide between McDonald's or Wendy's. No way to know LOL.

If he chooses McDonald's over Wendy's then they need to fire Pagano yesterday and put Ballard on a short leash. Unacceptable!!!

24 minutes ago, stitches said:

Hankins supposedly posted this on his snapchat several hours ago:

6gg9zgpppxqy.jpg

Very inappropriate.  Offensive to all round headed bald orange people.  And flashing a gun sign too?  He should be arrested!

(How's that for a PC spin?)

YES!  Bring in more Buckeyes!