Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which FA signing are you most excited about?

RockThatBlue

Sheard is probably the best player and can contribute the most so in a sense i'm most excited about him. But I'm not the biggest fan of the dollars he got, though it was understandable that that much had to spend no him. Including contracts, I like the Simon signing the most.

Aiken hands down will be the best addition. All this guy does is get open and catch the football. Don't be surprised if Moncrief is third. Maybe not on the depth chart, but in receptions behind Hilton and Aiken.

9 hours ago, Finball said:

Sheard is probably the best player and can contribute the most so in a sense i'm most excited about him. But I'm not the biggest fan of the dollars he got, though it was understandable that that much had to spend no him. Including contracts, I like the Simon signing the most.

Why do,you care what he got paid?  It's not like the colts are up against the cap and his contract is going to hinder the team.

I dont think I am specifically excited about any single pickup. I dont think any individual player is going to be a highlight reel, play of the week type of guy that I would be excited to specifically watch all game. That being said, I like a lot of the pickups, and I am very excited to see them improve our offense or defense as a unit. I think most of the players signed will match or slightly exceed the production that their $ amount is worth, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I definitely think we have raised the teams floor with our free agent class, but raising our teams ceiling is going to have to come from our 2017 draft class, as well as our 2016/2015 draft classes taking a step up from last year. 

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

Why do,you care what he got paid?  It's not like the colts are up against the cap and his contract is going to hinder the team.

I think it's very relevant when evaluating a signing, how much a player got paid.

It probably won't hinder the team but based on what I expect the Colts FA signings to perform, I think Simon was the best value signing.

nothing really moved the needle for me in FA.  we brought in a bunch of mid tier guys with potential to be a little better than they were on other teams

im not disappointed, but im not jumping with excitement either

I feel like either Simon or Sheard will pan out well for us. Both are high motor guys and I feel like with increased playing time and responsibility that they could put up decent numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them put up Waldens numbers next year while adding more pressures on top of the sacks. I'm mostly excited about the draft though, really hoping for an elite prospect on defense to get excited about!

I like Aiken and all the guys we decided to re-sign.  I think we picked the right guys and let the rest leave.  Aiken has good hands and hopefully allows for great WR competition.  We need someone other than Hilton to be a reliable target and be on the field.