RockThatBlue

Which FA signing are you most excited about?

52 posts in this topic

So far, Sheard is my favorite signing. Have a feeling he will do good things for us.

4 people like this

My favorite move was bringing back Butler. I'd be lying if I said any of the FAs excited me.

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

My favorite move was bringing back Butler. I'd be lying if I said any of the FAs excited me.

Bringing back Butler was definitely big.

2 people like this

I would have to say either Sheard or bringing back Butler. 

1 person likes this

I'm gonna go wild card and say bringing back Turbin.

Think he'll give us great goal line and short yardage production. But more than that, the team stated they'll use him more on first and second down, which'll keep Gore even more rested and effective.

8 people like this

Doyle.  He's a fellow Cathedral grad (10 years apart or so LOL).  But I also like Simon and Sheard as well.  Excited to see what we get out of them!

3 people like this

Simon.

favorite move of all, trading Broken Glass aka Dewayne Allen albeit to the patriots but still

4 people like this

Not gonna lie I was more excited on the resignings, Doyle butler and turbin, but I watched a John Simon and jabaal sheard highlight video on YouTube and am now very hyped for both of them. 

1 person likes this

I liked Simon. High intensity player it would seem. 

2 people like this

Sheard is probably the best player and can contribute the most so in a sense i'm most excited about him. But I'm not the biggest fan of the dollars he got, though it was understandable that that much had to spend no him. Including contracts, I like the Simon signing the most.

Aiken hands down will be the best addition. All this guy does is get open and catch the football. Don't be surprised if Moncrief is third. Maybe not on the depth chart, but in receptions behind Hilton and Aiken.

Simon for sure, hoping he picked up some of JJ Watts moves!!!

2 people like this

Simon will add toughness to our "soft" defense.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Finball said:

Sheard is probably the best player and can contribute the most so in a sense i'm most excited about him. But I'm not the biggest fan of the dollars he got, though it was understandable that that much had to spend no him. Including contracts, I like the Simon signing the most.

Why do,you care what he got paid?  It's not like the colts are up against the cap and his contract is going to hinder the team.

2 people like this

Simon and Sheard. I like the potential in that pairing.

1 person likes this

Doyle fills 2 rolls well, and is ascending. A big keep.
Ballard did a very nice turn churn adding Sheard and Simon. :thmup:

1 person likes this

I dont think I am specifically excited about any single pickup. I dont think any individual player is going to be a highlight reel, play of the week type of guy that I would be excited to specifically watch all game. That being said, I like a lot of the pickups, and I am very excited to see them improve our offense or defense as a unit. I think most of the players signed will match or slightly exceed the production that their $ amount is worth, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I definitely think we have raised the teams floor with our free agent class, but raising our teams ceiling is going to have to come from our 2017 draft class, as well as our 2016/2015 draft classes taking a step up from last year. 

12 hours ago, Indeee said:

Aiken hands down will be the best addition. All this guy does is get open and catch the football. 

Based on what exactly?

Simon as far as the new guys.  Bringing back Doyle as far as the guys we re-signed.

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Based on what exactly?

I followed  his last two seasons closely. He has solid #2 potential. When he's asked to get it done he has the talent to step up.

Kamar Aiken for me. I think that guy is going to be a stud for us. 

Re-signing Doyle, and Turbin is a close 2nd/3rd. 

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

Why do,you care what he got paid?  It's not like the colts are up against the cap and his contract is going to hinder the team.

I think it's very relevant when evaluating a signing, how much a player got paid.

It probably won't hinder the team but based on what I expect the Colts FA signings to perform, I think Simon was the best value signing.

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Kamar Aiken for me. I think that guy is going to be a stud for us. 

Re-signing Doyle, and Turbin is a close 2nd/3rd. 

Oh Forgot about Turbin, That was a good sign!

nothing really moved the needle for me in FA.  we brought in a bunch of mid tier guys with potential to be a little better than they were on other teams

im not disappointed, but im not jumping with excitement either

I feel like either Simon or Sheard will pan out well for us. Both are high motor guys and I feel like with increased playing time and responsibility that they could put up decent numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them put up Waldens numbers next year while adding more pressures on top of the sacks. I'm mostly excited about the draft though, really hoping for an elite prospect on defense to get excited about!

Simon and Aiken.  I think both are going to be real solid upgrades.  Aiken has the potential to be a major weapon for Andrew. 

1 person likes this

I like Aiken and all the guys we decided to re-sign.  I think we picked the right guys and let the rest leave.  Aiken has good hands and hopefully allows for great WR competition.  We need someone other than Hilton to be a reliable target and be on the field.

Simon. 

Resigning Butler is a close second.

Up until today it was Simon and Aiken.  Now Hankins has me very intrigued.  I'm thinking he's gonna allow the dogs (LB's) to hunt.

Overall I just move how we built a solid depth and competition on defense, but as far as specific players go, I'll have to say Aiken. I like Moncreif but Aiken has a chance to make a big splash too.

Butler, sheard, simon (in that order)  Hankins comes in 6 or 7, very important but pricey.  of course, this isn't about price, it said "excitement"

Hankins and Simon....youth, production, and toughness. Glad to see Butler back as a full time safety as well.