Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 6.0

Don't know how many more I'm going to do but here's another one because why not:

Trade back with KC: 15 for 27, 59, 132

R1 P27: Forrest Lamp OG
Best OL in the draft imo

R2 P46: Takk McKinley OLB/DE

Seems like his stock is falling a bit, pick him up here, absolute stud

R2 P59: Fabian Moreau CB

Another guy falling out of UCLA, Moreau is perfect for the type of CBs we like

R3 P80: Raekwon McMillan ILB

Slides right into our starting ILB hole, could go anywhere from R2 to R4

R4 P121: D'onta Foreman RB

Brusing RB and with Hunt off the board he's the best RB available

R4 P132: George Kittle TE

One of the biggest sleepers in this draft, he's a fantastic tight end and adds a better Dwayne Allen into our TE spot

R4 P137: Tedric Thompson S

Falling more in love with this guy. Kid can ball and has fantastic coverage

R4 P144: Jalen Myrick CB

Can play the slot for us, little undersized but he can take on the smaller receivers

R5 P158: Stevie Tu'kolovatu NT

Eats up the middle of the DL

Thoughts?

That would be quite a haul!   Not sure how realistic, but I'd be pretty happy with it.  

To me, all the 4th round RBs are interchangeable, all risk/reward types.  Personally, I think if we don't get one of the big three, we may as well wait for a UDFA.  

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That would be quite a haul!   Not sure how realistic, but I'd be pretty happy with it.  

To me, all the 4th round RBs are interchangeable, all risk/reward types.  Personally, I think if we don't get one of the big three, we may as well wait for a UDFA.  

Takk isn't falling to 46 not happening but aside from that it would be a fantastic draft.

Lamp probably won't be there and I'm not wild about spending our first on a RG when our roster is lousy with young ascending Olinemen and this is probably the worst Oline class in the last decade.

Takk won't be there. I have doubts he'll be there #15, let alone make it to round 2. His injury isn't a career threatened and is a relatively easy fix.

Moreau is solid. McMillan is a decent pick.

Foreman is likely a late 2nd rounder or early 3rd guy so I doubt he's there in the mid 4th.

Kittle and Thompson are good picks if they're there. Kittle might be there, Thompson is ascending so he is a big 'if'.

Myricks got good size and has excellent measurables but his mental game worries me, especially for the slot where pattern recognition and awareness are key. At this point he's a decent addition but it wouldn't stop me from searching for CB help.

I think Stevie T is a 4th round guy but if he's there it's a decent pick.

A general theme of good players but some optimistic slotting.

Good effort.

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

I'd go DT for the 2nd 2nd rounder...Montravious Adams or Chris Wormley (Run Defense nearly fixed)  5th rounder I get David Sharpe or Dunker OG depth. Grab stud CB next year.  Nice Mock

Yea we need more 3rd/4th string guards. None of those DT can play NT which is what we need. We're not waiting til next year to grab a corner. 

Just makes no sense to pick another O lineman that high when the Defense is desperate for playmakers. I'd stick with what we've got unless a better trade offer is there. Grab a stud CB or LB. This team HAS to invest in its D. 

57 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Just makes no sense to pick another O lineman that high when the Defense is desperate for playmakers. I'd stick with what we've got unless a better trade offer is there. Grab a stud CB or LB. This team HAS to invest in its D. 

Yet you're still getting 4 starters in the first 3 rounds.

I know there is an argument about getting full value, but if you move back 12 spots that is a lot. I would ask for the KC 2nd round and 3rd round comp at 104. They probably would say too much although it works out perfectly via the chart. I would come back with you want us to move back 12 spots, then we get your 2nd, 3rd comp. and we will give you our first round at 15 and our last 4th round comp. pick. I think that would be very fair, especially since we should get the 2nd and 3rd comp. without giving back anything except our first.

I love the picks, but I do not believe Takk or Fabian Moreau would be there, but I would love an extra second and third, and not mind losing that last fourth rounder. Takk is going to go first round or early second and Moreau second. Regardless, so much depth having all those picks in the late first through the 4th would yield quite a few starters I believe. It would be a great trade, but I do believe we sacrifice that one surefire starter we get at 15.

12 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Yea we need more 3rd/4th string guards. None of those DT can play NT which is what we need. We're not waiting til next year to grab a corner. 

Just preparing for them injuries that are sure to come...Hope they don't but... Mewhort, Anderson, Parry (Legal), Jones (Gone), Langford...etc.. Still would love the colts to go after Sherman for Dorsett and a 4th Rounder type swap.  If it happens great...if it doesn't no worries. Cheers

Interesting Website:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2016_injuries.htm

40 minutes ago, FalseStart said:

Just preparing for them injuries that are sure to come...Hope they don't but... Mewhort, Anderson, Parry (Legal), Jones (Gone), Langford...etc.. Still would love the colts to go after Sherman for Dorsett and a 4th Rounder type swap.  If it happens great...if it doesn't no worries. Cheers

Interesting Website:

Exactly what makes you think that Seattle would trade Sherman for Dorsett and a fourth rounder?

I have read nothing coming out of Seattle that would remotely suggest they would go for a deal like that.

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly what makes you think that Seattle would trade Sherman for Dorsett and a fourth rounder?

I have read nothing coming out of Seattle that would remotely suggest they would go for a deal like that.

That's all I would give for Sherman.  No grand plan... 

19 hours ago, Hoose said:

Investing in O-linemen keeps Luck on the field. We don't win if Luck is not on the field regardless of what the defense does.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Investing in O-linemen keeps Luck on the field. We don't win if Luck is not on the field regardless of what the defense does.

Finally someone gets it!  Luck's injuries piling up and he has been wrecked and beat down due to horrendous offensive line 

10 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Interesting Website:

That's a joke right?