Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The 2017 Colts Forum Mock Draft

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Wow mega deal

Yep. Unloaded a potential locker room issue with Sherman, and a TE on the last year of his deal and a strong TE class in the draft, and a whole bunch of cap space gained for the Seahawks and moving up from 26th to 8th was probably as good as a couple of 2nd rounders, IMO. :) It took two hands to clap though and there was plenty of back and forth in our negotiations. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Wow mega deal

haha Yes, sir.  As the Panthers, I figured we're in win-now mode.  We could always use another (big!) weapon for Cam, and the last time we had a standout at CB, we made the Super Bowl, which was just one calendar year ago.  Plus, Ron Rivera has shown he can handle boisterous personalities, so we feel comfortable taking on Sherman.  Plus, it helps to have him when divisional rivals have Julio Jones and Mike Evans.  The Seahawks get the benefits @chad72 just mentioned, and they are now a championship contending team that gets to pick in the top 10.  Lots of back and forth, as he said, but we got 'er done and I think both sides are happy

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only surprise so far, IMO, is Jonathan Allen. I think it's a bit of a reach, as he could fall as low as our pick at 15. Just some fun trash talk though, and we'll see how the mock turns out.

Just out of curiosity, what made you go with Fournette to the Jags?  They have Yeldon and Chris Ivory in their backfield.  Were you just not happy with both guys going sub-4.0 yards per carry?

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Just out of curiosity, what made you go with Fournette to the Jags?  They have Yeldon and Chris Ivory in their backfield.  Were you just not happy with both guys going sub-4.0 yards per carry?

I think Yeldon and Ivory are absolute trash. There were three things holding the Jags back last year. Bad coaching (which may or may not be fixed, we'll see), a bad QB (not sure there is a better QB right away at 4 this year) and bad rb play. Give Bortles a franchise RB to work with that can carry the ball 20 times per game, and it will take pressure off him and the defense, and it's the 1st step toward becoming a solid offense and a respectable team. I know the defense will do their job, the offense needs to show some life, and someone like Fournette is much better than someone like Howard.

We're moving now!

Update on last few and upcomings picks:

1. Cleveland Browns - Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
3. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Allen, DL, Alabama
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
5. Tennessee Titans - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
6. New York Jets - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
7. Los Angeles Chargers
8. Seattle Seahawks (trade)
9. Cincinnati Bengals
10. Washington Redskins (trade)

Update on top remaining prospects on the big board:

3 TE  O.J. HOWARD - ALABAMA
7 EDGE  DEREK BARNETT - TENNESSEE
8 QB  MITCH TRUBISKY - NORTH CAROLINA
9 LB  REUBEN FOSTER - ALABAMA

11 S  MALIK HOOKER - OHIO STATE
12 QB  DESHAUN WATSON - CLEMSON
13 WR  MIKE WILLIAMS - CLEMSON

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think Yeldon and Ivory are absolute trash. There were three things holding the Jags back last year. Bad coaching (which may or may not be fixed, we'll see), a bad QB (not sure there is a better QB right away at 4 this year) and bad rb play. Give Bortles a franchise RB to work with that can carry the ball 20 times per game, and it will take pressure off him and the defense, and it's the 1st step toward becoming a solid offense and a respectable team. I know the defense will do their job, the offense needs to show some life, and someone like Fournette is much better than someone like Howard.

Good reasoning, thanks for clarifying.

37 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

haha Yes, sir.  As the Panthers, I figured we're in win-now mode.  We could always use another (big!) weapon for Cam, and the last time we had a standout at CB, we made the Super Bowl, which was just one calendar year ago.  Plus, Ron Rivera has shown he can handle boisterous personalities, so we feel comfortable taking on Sherman.  Plus, it helps to have him when divisional rivals have Julio Jones and Mike Evans.  The Seahawks get the benefits @chad72 just mentioned, and they are now a championship contending team that gets to pick in the top 10.  Lots of back and forth, as he said, but we got 'er done and I think both sides are happy

Who will you be cutting to get under the salary cap?  Both jimmy and Richard have pretty hefty price tags this year

This is kind of an easy decision for me.

Marsh and Clark are DE depth behind Bennett and Clark, so Barnett would be a luxury pick, IMO. If Hooker was there, I'd have given him a definite thought with the upside for his talent which is higher than that of Barnett. The Seahawks boosted their RB position with Eddie Lacy. So, it seems like their ground and pound may be back to take load off RW's shoulders, and the short passing needs to be bolstered with speedsters like Lockette and Richardson on the outside. With Brandon Williams gone to the Colts, Jimmy Graham gone in a trade, the well rounded TE makes the most sense here from a talent and need perspective at this spot.

With the 8th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select O.J.Howard, TE, Alabama

@loudnproudcolt and The Cincinnati Bengals are next on the clock.

With the 9th pick, a bit of a surprise. The Bengals select WR Mike Williams from Clemson.

I know Bengals need linebacker help and OL help after losing two starters, but the passing game last year was hurt with all the FA defections. Boyd did not look great, and I want a beast to pair up with Green.

Pairing Mike Williams up who looks like a number 1 to me and A.J. Green, both big bodies, and great hands, I would not want to be the DB's chasing them in today's passing league.

Just now, chad72 said:

The Saints need an infusion of defensive talent. They want to go with the best upside here.

Thus, with the 11th pick of the Colts Forum Mock Draft, The New Orleans Saints select:

Haason Reddick, EDGE, Temple

@WarGhost21 and The Cleveland Browns are on the clock.

Come on Chad!! I need more time for trade proposals! lol

Update on the top remaining prospects:

7 EDGE  DEREK BARNETT - TENNESSEE
8 QB  MITCH TRUBISKY - NORTH CAROLINA
12 QB  DESHAUN WATSON - CLEMSON
14 WR  COREY DAVIS - WESTERN MICHIGAN
16 CB  GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
17 EDGE  TACO CHARLTON - MICHIGAN
18 RB  CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY - STANFORD
19 OT  CAM ROBINSON - ALABAMA
20 WR  JOHN ROSS - WASHINGTON

And the recent and upcoming picks:

9. Cincinnati Bengals - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
10. Washington Redskins (trade) - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama
11. New Orleans Saints - Haason Reddick, EDGE, Temple
12. Cleveland Browns
13. Arizona Cardinals
14. Philadelphia Eagles
15. Indianapolis Colts
16. Baltimore Ravens

With none of my last ditch efforts to trade the pick working, I guess I'll use it!

In a bit of a surprise, the Cleveland Browns select: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

With this pick I begin to surround our new QB with weapons on offense, pairing with Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman!

@CR91 and the Cardinals are now on the clock!!!