Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Backshoulderfade's 2017 mock draft

No trades as I don't feel comfortable choosing where I think would be a good place to trade down to.

#15 - Ruben Foster - LB

Despite his size, he does everything you want in a mike or will backer. Can beat blocks, is instinctive and has the athleticism to run with tight ends and backs. Most importantly, he has a nasty streak and would be a tone setter for our defense. If he falls to 15 it's a no brainer.

#46 - Jordan Willis - DE/OLB

Height-weight-speed guy in the truest sense. High motor guy. Similar athletic profile to Danielle Hunter but with much better college production.

#80 - Shaquille Griffin - CB

Another height-weight-speed guy. Prototype cornerback. Has shown that he can be beaten deep but I believe that can be fixed with 4.38 speed. Pretty nice ball skills. Very high upside. 

#122 - Samaje Perine - RB

A pure battering ram. Not got breakaway speed but boy can he power through tackles and push the pile. Adequate reciever. Not a great blocker but has enough size that he can hopefully be coached up in thay regard.

#137 - George Kittle - TE

A forum favorite. Great athlete and a good blocker. Can move all over the formation. Can get extra yards after the catch.

#144 - Isaac Asiata - G

Powerful guard. Moves bodies in the run game. Decent pass blocker but improvements can be made here.

#158 - Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - NT

True nose tackle. Distructive force in run game. Not a pass rusher but that's fine for a 5th rounder.

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

No trades as I don't feel comfortable choosing where I think would be a good place to trade down to.

#15 - Ruben Foster - LB

Despite his size, he does everything you want in a mike or will backer. Can beat blocks, is instinctive and has the athleticism to run with tight ends and backs. Most importantly, he has a nasty streak and would be a tone setter for our defense. If he falls to 15 it's a no brainer.

#46 - Jordan Willis - DE/OLB

Height-weight-speed guy in the truest sense. High motor guy. Similar athletic profile to Danielle Hunter but with much better college production.

#80 - Shaquille Griffin - CB

Another height-weight-speed guy. Prototype cornerback. Has shown that he can be beaten deep but I believe that can be fixed with 4.38 speed. Pretty nice ball skills. Very high upside. 

#122 - Samaje Perine - RB

A pure battering ram. Not got breakaway speed but boy can he power through tackles and push the pile. Adequate reciever. Not a great blocker but has enough size that he can hopefully be coached up in thay regard.

#137 - George Kittle - TE

A forum favorite. Great athlete and a good blocker. Can move all over the formation. Can get extra yards after the catch.

#144 - Isaac Asiata - G

Powerful guard. Moves bodies in the run game. Decent pass blocker but improvements can be made here.

#158 - Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - NT

True nose tackle. Distructive force in run game. Not a pass rusher but that's fine for a 5th rounder.

Like everything but the Griffin pick.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Like everything but the Griffin pick.

Agreed. Mainly, just a bit too soon for Griffin based on what I've seen. In the 3rd, there should a few better CB's than Griffin like Witherspoon, Lewis, or maybe even Sidney Jones (if you're ok with a redshirt year and starting Melvin).

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Agreed. Mainly, just a bit too soon for Griffin based on what I've seen. In the 3rd, there should a few better CB's than Griffin like Witherspoon, Lewis, or maybe even Sidney Jones (if you're ok with a redshirt year and starting Melvin).

Perhaps before his combine/pro day. You have to pay a premium for that athleticism. I would love a Sidney Jones or Fabien Moreau but I just don't believe they will be there for us in the 3rd.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Kind of irks me that I didn't pick up a safety though.

Just not enough picks.  I think Geathers and Green can be a good duo down the line, and Butler was a pretty good starter late last year.  I think next year is the year to nail down a safety; and, even then, I would only do it if we don't see enough progression out of Green. 

I think ILB, CB, OLB, RB, NT, OL-depth, TE or safety are our priorities right now, and you went TE over safety.