Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the draft

6 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conley are the first 2 CBs off the board, the first time in history that the first two CBs taken are from the same school

Hooker will go early too.  I wonder when was the last time three DBs from the same school go in the first round?

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hooker will go early too.  I wonder when was the last time three DBs from the same school go in the first round?

Last I remember was 2002. Miami CBs Phillip Buchanon (17) and Mike Rumph (27), and S Ed Reed (24) all went in the first round. Also on that 2001 Miami team were 13 other future first rounders including: Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson, Jeremey Shockey, Frank Gore, and Vince Wilfork. That team was stacked to say the least.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots manage to get into the first 2 rounds without having a first or second round pick right now.

I would be very surprised if they DID NOT get in the first two rounds in this draft. They will probably trade one of their picks next year to help them get into the first two rounds. 

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

The chargers trade Philip Rivers to the Browns for their 12th overall draft pick and their 5th round pick. The Chargers select Mitch Trubisky with the 12th overall pick. 

Only if the Chargers take Osweiler :) from the Browns, lol

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

Indianapolis will draft at least 2 CBs and 2 LBs.

I would say there is a 50-50 shot that happens. We have a huge hole at corner and need a ILB and OLB. Corner and OLB are two of the deepest positions in this drafft. 

2 hours ago, Track Guy said:

For the first time in basically forever, there won't be an O-lineman taken in the top 10. 

Thats the part I dont understand at all. Its like team building but backwards, and if so, I can't imagine how a Qb or Olinemen not getting pick top 10. So there is 2 safetys that are top 10 picks? Really? I dont see or understand it but...

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

Last I remember was 2002. Miami CBs Phillip Buchanon (17) and Mike Rumph (27), and S Ed Reed (24) all went in the first round. Also on that 2001 Miami team were 13 other future first rounders including: Antrel Rolle, Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson, Jeremey Shockey, Frank Gore, and Vince Wilfork. That team was stacked to say the least.

The U.

19 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Thats the part I dont understand at all. Its like team building but backwards, and if so, I can't imagine how a Qb or Olinemen not getting pick top 10. So there is 2 safetys that are top 10 picks? Really? I dont see or understand it but...

What's not to understand?  The quarterbacks and lineman aren't that good.

2 hours ago, BOTT said:

What's not to understand?  The quarterbacks and lineman aren't that good.

U mean in the entire country? O didnt say Pac12, SEC,ACC. I said in the entire country, No one can find an NFL Starting QB, or Darn LT thats worthy of a top 10? So u mean whoever is picked (2-7 round), and if they are a QB or Olineman, that means they totally suck because no other QB/olineman was worth a top 10 selection. 

Whatever scout can't find the best QB/olinemen, while they have a top 10 pick and your team needs one of these positions badly, they need to be fired because many people have done more with less (high picks in the draft). 

And you might be one of them.I guess if a team needs a LT, just sign former Colt Charlie Johnson or Gosder Cherilus because they are much better than any player in the draft, even though you have the entire country to choose from.

I think its bad scouting not bad players. So what happened, did all the olineman all of a sudden say hay, I feel like taking the season off? Tell Russel Wilson that he wasn't worth a top 10 pick, tell Center Travis Frederick that he wasn't worth a 1st round selection. Guess what, teams that missed/passed on these players when you needed these position of need filled, tell me if they still have the same GM when those players were selected. Like I said, goes back to scouting and player evaluation, the good teams has these boxes checked, regardless of what mock draft/people say.