Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevin Mitchel

Dark Superman

He could challenge for the slot if he could stay healthy. He has not been able to do that his first 2yrs in the league.That was the word on him coming out of college. I think it's more likely he's cut than makes a meaningful contribution. I'm looking forward to drafting 2 CB's and a couple of UDFA.

Breon Borders maybe Cole Luke after his pro day are 2 potential UDFA's I am going to be watching for. We should be able to turn the back end over pretty quick. 

10 hours ago, I'm Negan said:

Could potentially be a diamond in the rough if he can come back healthy. Pagano seemed pretty excited when we got him from The Redskins.

Don't want to be a spoiler so I'll just say - I'm sick of Negan! 

If Mitchel can ever stay on the field he may be decent depth at the very least.  I'm agreeing with @akcolt, we need to get at least two CBs in the draft.

6 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Tevin Mitchel?  Is he any relation to Tevin Campbell, late 80's/early 90's r&b singer?

Yep.  As we all know everyone with the same first name is related. It does make things a bit problematic at family reunions when you call out for someone by name but everyone turns around.  This is all fresh in my memory because we just recently had the "Jason reunion". 

16 hours ago, Superman said:

Another player who will compete at slot corner is Charles James.

I'd like to see Chris Milton take a big jump and earn a spot on the 53 man. He could really help on ST's. He was great at Tech with 7 blocked kicks off the edge. He's a solid tackler.He was being trained by Champ Bailey last year. 

If we bring in 2 CB's via the draft. One of them coming the first 2 days. There should be a nice UDFA pool as well. We should come to camp with some talent in that group. 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, I'm Negan said:

yCould potentially be a diamond in the rough if he can come back healthy. Pagano seemed pretty excited when we got him from The Redskins.

Pagano was pretty excited about TJ Green & Dijon Smith too, which probably was why we drafted them.

5 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I like that kid's attitude and compete level.  He's the one with the stellar socks, correct?

Yup. Stole the show on Hard Knocks. I like his attitude, too. He's undersized and not overly talented, but he plays hard. Plenty fast. 

I think Tevin has talent, the size and the speed you like but I can't say much outside of that because we just haven't gotten to see much on the field with him because of durability issues.  If he takes care of his body and adds some muscle maybe we'll get to see more this time around.   I think he and Charles James have potential to be good depth options and competition for the Nickel Back spot.  And of course there's going to be some times where we may put Butler at nickel.

He might have less of a chance to stay under Ballard than Grigson. Seems like Ballard isn't high on players with durability issues, even if they have some upside. Grigson only looked at the upside, LOL, that was his biggest  problem. It would be awesome if Tevin could make us better, don't get me wrong, but I think that it is just one more small injury, and it is out when we need to cut the roster.