Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 second to last mock draft

As much as I love dalvin cook, I think our best option is to trade down, however this is a little different then what others have suggested.

We trade down with the giants to number 23 and get their second round pick.

we trade down again with the browns and get both their second round picks along with giving them our top fourth round pick so we now have four second round picks

trade up to get the last pick in the third round with the pats and trade 4th 5th and 4th next year. I know a lot of people probably wont like this trade especially for who Im trading up for.

2nd- Charles Harris OLB

Extremely fast off the edge. Perfect fit for 3-4 OLB with his skill set and size. Productive and always in the back field. Average 8 sacks the last two seasons.

2nd- Jarrad Davis ILB/OLB

First round talent that will probably fall to the second due to his lackluster 2016 season and missing three games, but hes fast, physical, and a playmaker on the field. Alittle undersized though. Needs to add about 10 pounds of muscle.

2nd-Joe Mixon RB

Probably a little early then some would like, but he is generating a lot of team interest and might need to pull the trigger to get him as soon as the middle of the second round. 

2nd-Demarcus Walker OLB

My favorite pass rusher in the draft with 16 sacks last season and would make a deadly combo with harris off the edge.

3rd- Ankello Witherspoon CB

Physical and fast CB with great length, however does have off the field issues

3rd- Sidney Jones CB

Ok before you guys chase me with pitchforks hear me out. Yes sidney wont play this year, but hes a first round talent that just happened to get hurt also keep in mind davis will be 29 this year and a free agent next year. We would then have our CB tandem of the future.

4th- Lorenzo Jerome S

My favorite player in the draft. Hes not the biggest or the fastest, but he plays his butt off. Hes everywhere on the field and always around the ball.

Alright Im ready to get destroyed............WAIT!!!!!!! can I take the jones trade back?!?!?!?

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Sidney Jones is a woman beater?

For his sake, hopefully not.

You made so many trades, it's hard to follow... after a few beers on Final Four Saturday.  

Not sure if Mixon is our pick or a traded pick, but I'm guessing your #15 Cook pick from last week might be more popular with a good number of people.

55 minutes ago, #12. said:

For his sake, hopefully not.

You made so many trades, it's hard to follow... after a few beers on Final Four Saturday.  

Not sure if Mixon is our pick or a traded pick, but I'm guessing your #15 Cook pick from last week might be more popular with a good number of people.

It's our pick in the second round. He wasn't a traded pick.

7 hours ago, #12. said:

Come on.  I doubt that will happen.  You traded six picks to get a woman beater.

This isn't a completion, though. Haha. This is all for fun. If you just look at it like a fun hypothetical, it's more enjoyable. I like the mock, but I don't think we get both of the Brown's 2nd rounders. Terrible value for them I would think.

13 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

This isn't a completion, though. Haha. This is all for fun. If you just look at it like a fun hypothetical, it's more enjoyable. I like the mock, but I don't think we get both of the Brown's 2nd rounders. Terrible value for them I would think.

Well their moving up 10 spots and their second second rounder is in the middle of the draft and their getting a fourth. I think it's fair

Im not a fan of Mocks with trades, as a mock in general is a million to one proposition to play out....with trades it takes it to a zillion to .5 .....However the personnel drafted here would be super great fantastical.......it would be a tough year once the rookie contracts wear off keeping them all though....

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Way too many trades to be taken seriously. Just because Ballard said he would like to move back doesn't mean he is going to.

You realize this is all in good fun right

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Idk lol. Every year we see these super trade down mocks that make me believe people really think the Colts will trade back a bunch of times. 

ill be lucky to predict one pick right let alone three trades haha

Harris and Davis both go round 1. Walker is not the best scheme fit but I like him as a prospect. Mixon is great but Irsay even said it we're looking for a late round RB. Witherspoon probably doesn't make it that long but I'd be happy if he did. F everyone I'd love getting Sidney in the 3rd IF his medicals have shown ALOT of progress since tearing the Achilles. Jerome is cool but he's not a guy who can play right away I dont think. Probably will be a nickel corner in the league some day.

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Harris and Davis both go round 1. Walker is not the best scheme fit but I like him as a prospect. Mixon is great but Irsay even said it we're looking for a late round RB. Witherspoon probably doesn't make it that long but I'd be happy if he did. F everyone I'd love getting Sidney in the 3rd IF his medicals have shown ALOT of progress since tearing the Achilles. Jerome is cool but he's not a guy who can play right away I dont think. Probably will be a nickel corner in the league some day.

Harris maybe, but Davis will fall for the reasons I already listed. Walker is better off being in a 3-4. He's too small for a 4-3 DE. He just needs to shed maybe 10-15 pounds to play OLB. I take anything said to the media with a grain of salt. Ballard said we can't buy a team and yet we signed 10 free agents. Witherspoon will fall because of his off the field antics. I don't think anyone dislikes Jones, but I did project giving up three picks to get him. Of course Jerome won't play right away, but you have to love players like him who's all effort.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Harris maybe, but Davis will fall for the reasons I already listed. Walker is better off being in a 3-4. He's too small for a 4-3 DE. He just needs to shed maybe 10-15 pounds to play OLB. I take anything said to the media with a grain of salt. Ballard said we can't buy a team and yet we signed 10 free agents. Witherspoon will fall because of his off the field antics. I don't think anyone dislikes Jones, but I did project giving up three picks to get him. Of course Jerome won't play right away, but you have to love players like him who's all effort.

He just ran a 4.56 and jumped 38.5" on that injured ankle plus watch the tape he played well when healthy just not as well as last year I'll give you that. Id honestly bet you money he goes round 1, maybe if we trade back to pick 20-25 he'll be a Colt round 1. Walker is too slow and limited athletically to be a OLB, might be a good 5 tech but that's not a need. Sheding lbs doesnt make you a better athlete. What off feild issues for Witherspoon? So what, none of those picks would equal the value of Sidney Jones. I'd much prefer either going safety earlier with the 3rd round pick or wait until next year and draft it high. Butler fills the hole this year but a late round pick doesn't do much but add depth. I'd go Marcus Williams or Eddie Jackson in the 3rd over Mixon. 

16 hours ago, Tmoney said:

He just ran a 4.56 and jumped 38.5" on that injured ankle plus watch the tape he played well when healthy just not as well as last year I'll give you that. Id honestly bet you money he goes round 1, maybe if we trade back to pick 20-25 he'll be a Colt round 1. Walker is too slow and limited athletically to be a OLB, might be a good 5 tech but that's not a need. Sheding lbs doesnt make you a better athlete. What off feild issues for Witherspoon? So what, none of those picks would equal the value of Sidney Jones. I'd much prefer either going safety earlier with the 3rd round pick or wait until next year and draft it high. Butler fills the hole this year but a late round pick doesn't do much but add depth. I'd go Marcus Williams or Eddie Jackson in the 3rd over Mixon. 

he had a good combine, but tape tells a different story. right now Ive seen him mocked around the beginning to middle of the second so im going off of that. walker and harris ran the same 40 and yet harris is called a speed rusher and sheding a few pounds means carrying last weight which adds speed. Teams are concerned about his coach-ability and character. Jerome is actually a very good player. He just doesnt have the size or speed of other top prospects or from a big school, but trust me, this kid is all heart. 

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

he had a good combine, but tape tells a different story. right now Ive seen him mocked around the beginning to middle of the second so im going off of that. walker and harris ran the same 40 and yet harris is called a speed rusher and sheding a few pounds means carrying last weight which adds speed. Teams are concerned about his coach-ability and character. Jerome is actually a very good player. He just doesnt have the size or speed of other top prospects or from a big school, but trust me, this kid is all heart. 

It was his pro day but now I'm nit picking. His tape tells another story?? Reallllllyyy? I can't help you there bud, if you can't see the instincts, side line to side line aggression, and ability to flip his hips run with WRs(Vanderbilt game) then idk maybe go back and watch again? Or stop taking what Walter Football says as an amendment and actually watch your own film. The mocks you see with him going mid 2nd arent by scouts or experts they're by writers for a newspaper acting like a scout. 

5 hours ago, Tmoney said:

It was his pro day but now I'm nit picking. His tape tells another story?? Reallllllyyy? I can't help you there bud, if you can't see the instincts, side line to side line aggression, and ability to flip his hips run with WRs(Vanderbilt game) then idk maybe go back and watch again? Or stop taking what Walter Football says as an amendment and actually watch your own film. The mocks you see with him going mid 2nd arent by scouts or experts they're by writers for a newspaper acting like a scout. 

Compare his 2015 tape to 2016. If this was 2015, he'd be a top 10 pick

17 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Even Walter has him a late first early second