Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dion Jordan cut by Dolphins

Colts_Fan12

I don't know if he can stay clean. 3 PED violations.

2016 season:
Jordan was conditionally reinstated by the NFL on July 29, 2016, ending what was a 15-month suspension. The conditions stipulated in the reinstatement include Jordan able to return to the team for training camp, establishment of treatment resources for Jordan in Miami prior to his being allowed to play in any preseason games, a meeting with the NFL prior to being allowed to play in Week 1 of the regular season, and an in-season meeting with the NFL prior to a full reinstatement.

Jordan was cut by the Dolphins on March 31, 2017 after failing a physical.

59 minutes ago, will426 said:

I'd pick him up apparently they also state he was good in coverage but that's not what he was drafted for lol...make him a ilb he has great speed 

You don't know much about his NFL career huh?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You don't know much about his NFL career huh?

I sure do it's been obsolete but what do we have to lose he's cheap as hell lol  clearly we aren't signing the top guys remaining so why not create more competition 

33 minutes ago, will426 said:

I sure do it's been obsolete but what do we have to lose he's cheap as hell lol  clearly we aren't signing the top guys remaining so why not create more competition 

If Ballard wants to kick the tires,  I have no problem with it.    

If Ballard is to be believed, signing the PED king would go against his stated mantra........PFT said it right when they said, "He has as many career sacks as PED suspensions" walk away from your arm chair GM and nobody gets hurt lol

He failed his physical, I'd call their team doctor, find out the full scoop, then move on without even talking to Jordan's agent. Dude appears he doesn't want to play, and he can't pass a physical after a full off season.  Biggest bust in Dolphins draft history-

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article141994854.html

"He somehow injured his knee the summer before his first training camp back — despite not participating in any football activities in nearly two years.

Jordan needed not one, but two knee surgeries and spent the entire season on the reserve list."

Sounds like the next Corey Simon (that also has substance abuse issues) to me...

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dude appears he doesn't want to play, and he can't pass a physical after a full off season.  Biggest bust in Dolphins draft history-

I don't know if this is true, but we have no way of knowing this unless Dion Jordan says he does not want to play.

This week, many Vikes fans have been eating their words about Sharrif Floyd, Vikes DT. He was accused of anything from feigning injury to not trying hard enough to play to not wanting to play football again. Fans were very critical of him until he posted a cryptic message on Instagram, asking to give him one more chance to continue his career. Then USA Today reporter Tom Pelissero shared this:

"The nerve that controls Floyd's quadriceps was disrupted during surgery in September to clean up the meniscus in his right knee, and nearly six months later, the quad still isn't firing, people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports."

It is not that he did not want to play but he is unable to play. So, I give players the benefit of the doubt. Most want to play.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know if this is true, but we have no way of knowing this unless Dion Jordan says he does not want to play.

This week, many Vikes fans have been eating their words about Sharrif Floyd, Vikes DT. He was accused of anything from feigning injury to not trying hard enough to play to not wanting to play football again. Fans were very critical of him until he posted a cryptic message on Instagram, asking to give him one more chance to continue his career. Then USA Today reporter Tom Pelissaro shared this:

"The nerve that controls Floyd's quadriceps was disrupted during surgery in September to clean up the meniscus in his right knee, and nearly six months later, the quad still isn't firing, people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports."

It is not that he did not want to play but he is unable to play. So, I give players the benefit of the doubt. Most want to play.

Yes, this is bad news for Floyd.  but his surgery was recent, and his issue was eventually found.  Now he has a nerve issue that may end his career. I feel bad for him.  Not so much for DJ.

For Jordan, he hurt himself (needing two surgeries) in 2015 while he was out for a whole year for violating the substance abuse policy (which in and of itself means he has violated it many multiple times). And he missed all of 2016. And has recorded just 3 sacks in 4 years.

Now, after whole off season, he failed his medical check and it toally out of shape.

"

Jordan, who turned 27 earlier this month, started just one game during his four-year tenure in Miami. The former third overall pick will go down as one of the bigger draft busts in recent memory.

It falls in line with previous reports. Jordan has been having off-field issues and isn't close to being in football shape, ballooning to 275-pounds after missing the last two years with injuries/suspensions. Miami can save $3.2 million from releasing Jordan.

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, this is bad news for Floyd.  but his surgery was recent, and his issue was eventually found.  Now he has a nerve issue that may end his career. I feel bad for him.  Not so much for DJ.

For Jordan, he hurt himself (needing two surgeries) in 2015 while he was out for a whole year for violating the substance abuse policy (which in and of itself means he has violated it many multiple times). And he missed all of 2016. And has recorded just 3 sacks in 4 years.

Now, after whole off season, he failed his medical check and it toally out of shape.

"

Jordan, who turned 27 earlier this month, started just one game during his four-year tenure in Miami. The former third overall pick will go down as one of the bigger draft busts in recent memory.

It falls in line with previous reports. Jordan has been having off-field issues and isn't close to being in football shape, ballooning to 275-pounds after missing the last two years with injuries/suspensions. Miami can save $3.2 million from releasing Jordan.

Okay. Thank you for elaborating on that. Too bad for the Dolphins.

It is sad to hear that Floyd's career may be over. I really liked him. When he was healthy, he was a top player for us. Now, DT becomes a major need for us. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

This week, many Vikes fans have been eating their words about Sharrif Floyd, Vikes DT. He was accused of anything from feigning injury to not trying hard enough to play to not wanting to play football again. Fans were very critical of him until he posted a cryptic message on Instagram, asking to give him one more chance to continue his career. Then USA Today reporter Tom Pelissero shared this:

In no way am I a pro athlete so I wouldnt heal the same, but I can say this.. they took an artery out of my left arm for bypass surgery and damaged the radial nerve doing so.  Almost a year and a half later I still have feeling, pain and other nerve issues in my arm, hand and thumb.  It is better, but far from the same.

I am only trying to say that nerve damage takes forever to repair itself if it even happens.

12 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

In no way am I a pro athlete so I wouldnt heal the same, but I can say this.. they took an artery out of my left arm for bypass surgery and damaged the radial nerve doing so.  Almost a year and a half later I still have feeling, pain and other nerve issues in my arm, hand and thumb.  It is better, but far from the same.

I am only trying to say that nerve damage takes forever to repair itself if it even happens.

Thanks for sharing that. I am sorry to hear that for you and for Floyd. Hope you're doing a lot better overall.