Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Don't change the uniforms!

horseshoepower

I have seen the sneak peak of the Detroit Lions uniforms on Chris Creamer's logo site and they have Lions script on the sleeves,It's not terrible and isn't quite as bad as Browns written down the pants but, teams that have existed pre-1960 should keep their iconic looks and only modify if it enhances the look not turns a look into a arena football rejects. Black alternate jerseys (Cardinals, Eagles) and tacky lsarge script writing (Browns) stay away from the classic Colts look.

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I like it.

I'm with the thread creator, don't go for the arena look.

Agree with the "don't go for the arena look".  But they could throw in some more color somewhere without it looking too gaudy.  Try for a modern classic look.

18 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Do you get to work on a horse and buggy?

Yes, I suppose an "automobile" is a better mode of transport than the horse and buggy.

If only the Jags' state-of-the-art unis and that mullet with a face mask they call a helmet could improve their play.

3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Please do.

The white helmet - white shirt - white pant combo is about as lame as it gets.

If they just had blue helmets that uni would be great.  Even Jeff Saturday dissed the all white look.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If they just had blue helmets that uni would be great.  Even Jeff Saturday dissed the all white look.

Don't mind the all-white, but the 80's gray pants(and stripes, I believe) weren't bad.

5 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I mean, they can keep the main uniforms, but would it kill anyone to throw an non-pink alternarive look in there or helmet change once every half century or maybe in my lifetime? 

I know right?!? I'm not asking for new uniforms hell just do an alternate once in awhile! 

3 hours ago, #12. said:

Yes, I suppose an "automobile" is a better mode of transport than the horse and buggy.

If only the Jags' state-of-the-art unis and that mullet with a face mask they call a helmet could improve their play.

Who said anything about a uni change making players play better?

8 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Please do.

The white helmet - white shirt - white pant combo is about as lame as it gets.

You do realize that the top three moments in franchise history, all had this iconic look.

NFL Championship 1958 "greatest game ever played"

Superbowl 5

Superbowl 41

5 hours ago, #12. said:

Don't mind the all-white, but the 80's gray pants(and stripes, I believe) weren't bad.

I think they had this the first year in Indianapolis, I'm not sure, there is not a lot of footage of the 1984 Colts online. I wouldn't mind adding silver or using navy, but modern designers never make anything look cool, the result of new nike unifroms are..the sleeves just get shorter, the jersey/pants combo gets messy with team name down the leg or around the waist, etc..

8 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I like the Colts unis just the way they are. The only change I'd really get behind would be to change to striped socks. I forget what year it was that they wore those ('08?), but I liked it.

I would lengthen the sleeves so the stripes go around, but that is a league jersey issue.

colts.jpg