Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Don't change the uniforms!

horseshoepower

On 3/31/2017 at 1:06 AM, horseshoepower said:

I have seen the sneak peak of the Detroit Lions uniforms on Chris Creamer's logo site and they have Lions script on the sleeves,It's not terrible and isn't quite as bad as Browns written down the pants but, teams that have existed pre-1960 should keep their iconic looks and only modify if it enhances the look not turns a look into a arena football rejects. Black alternate jerseys (Cardinals, Eagles) and tacky lsarge script writing (Browns) stay away from the classic Colts look.

I wouldn't mind a new look i like the all Blue Color Rush Uni's i think. A new look for a new aged regime/identity is in order.

38 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Blue pants and all black wouldn't be bad to see. Other than that I'm with the others about no change. I like the classic white. Other teams hate it because we look so clean lol

That is what I have been wanting to see.... I personally do not like the all white look.... blue jerseys/ white pants are good, but I would like to reverse that for our away uniforms.... blue pants/ white jersey or some combination other than all white.  Blue and black would look cool too.

2 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

I wouldn't mind a new look i like the all Blue Color Rush Uni's i think. A new look for a new aged regime/identity is in order.

I for one hate the color rush jerseys. As for those who hate the all white away uniform, y'all are crazy. It is a classic look. If anything, I think we need atleast 2 games a year with our retro helmets. I like the all blue helmet.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not a fan of change for the sake of change.  

Lol, well first, i applaud your steadfastness. 

Second, its just a jersey.

Third, and probably to my dismay, i said the same thing about Notre Dame green jerseys (weird word right?).

56 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Lol, well first, i applaud your steadfastness. 

Second, its just a jersey.

Third, and probably to my dismay, i said the same thing about Notre Dame green jerseys (weird word right?).

I'm a huge ND fan as well.  I hate the new helmets and the green jerseys

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Colts are the only team to use only 2 colors for the uniforms, Blue and White.

Every other team has 2 colors, and also white or black.  It makes for some pretty gaudy uniforms.

I love the classic all-white uniforms, with touches of blue like the horseshoe and the name & number.

It looks so clean, until the 4th quarter, when every guy, even the QB is just covered in green and brown stains from neck to knees.  THAT is football.  The all-black unis hide how down & dirty these guys get.

On April 1, 2017 at 10:17 AM, life long said:

I for one hate the color rush jerseys. As for those who hate the all white away uniform, y'all are crazy. It is a classic look. If anything, I think we need atleast 2 games a year with our retro helmets. I like the all blue helmet.

Due to the concussion/safety issue, teams are not permitted to have more than one helmet. 

21 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

Due to the concussion/safety issue, teams are not permitted to have more than one helmet. 

So how do other teams get to wear their throwback uniforms that include an alternate helmet. I would assume they could put any logo on those new helmets.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:51 AM, crunked said:

If this is the idea of a uni revamp you can count me out......

thCPV2NLNX.jpg

That uni would never fly for one glaring reason.  The horseshoes are upside down in the jersey - all the luck would run out.  

On 3/31/2017 at 2:38 PM, J@son said:

Do you get to work on a horse and buggy?

If the uniforms actually made the players perform better then OK.  Like replacing a horse with a car.  But if it is just for looks - and it is - no thanks.

7 hours ago, life long said:

So how do other teams get to wear their throwback uniforms that include an alternate helmet. I would assume they could put any logo on those new helmets.

If the throwback helmet is the same color shell they just can change or remove decals as Green Bay does. The issue was when teams like Pittsburgh, the Colts and Dallas had to wear the different color. The league said no mas to multiple helmets.

Now that would not affect the Colts if they wore the 1956 helmet like they did in Detroit. That helmet is white. The 1955 blue helmet is out.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:49 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

This fan base is just as boring as the Colts jerseys. Not surprising though considering the location 

I hate to agree with you because I'm Indy born and raised and a diehard Colts fan, but our fans can be very stiff and boring.  Not nearly as much as they used to be, but I remember when I first moved to the lower level and the majority of fans down their were old and stiff. I was afraid to cheer loud and offend their high class sensibilities...  Lol. 

Luckily a younger generation is leading the charge now and I think it's time for the "Indianapolis" Colts to take on their own identity and we can start with some new uniforms. We need something younger and modern.  Hell a little change would go a long way from what we have now. I think Luck looked damn good in that black and red Stanford alternate. He'd look just as good in a black and royal Colts alternate.  

Let's make it happen. I will be buying an authentic one the first day they're available. 

16 hours ago, imacoltfan said:

If the throwback helmet is the same color shell they just can change or remove decals as Green Bay does. The issue was when teams like Pittsburgh, the Colts and Dallas had to wear the different color. The league said no mas to multiple helmets.

Now that would not affect the Colts if they wore the 1956 helmet like they did in Detroit. That helmet is white. The 1955 blue helmet is out.

Well 2 games a year they should sport the retro. It would be great IMO. Even though i like the retro blue helmet more.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:31 AM, gspdx said:

If the uniforms actually made the players perform better then OK.  Like replacing a horse with a car.  But if it is just for looks - and it is - no thanks.

Fair enough. You are correct that a change in uniform is unlikely to affect player performance.  Though my comment was more specifically aimed at the mindset of "if it isn't broke then why fix it" than it was to the uniform question.