Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you want from Denver to switch picks?

oldunclemark

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I don't really care cause I personally don't think Ballard is dumb enough to take a RB in the 1st lol 

He better not be, or the fans will be upset. Even casuals are smart enough to understand that's a horrible move and will remember Trent, along with how bad our defense was last year, and some will boycott.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He better not be, or the fans will be upset. Even casuals are smart enough to understand that's a horrible move and will remember Trent, along with how bad our defense was last year, and some will boycott.

Nobody's going to boycott the Colts

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

WR is not out of position for him....he's played it.

He's a multi-position player..and Luck knows all about him

He's a better back so it would be out of position plus as I said WR in the 1st is just as stupid as RB. And he's not a big physical WR that's the only WR that should go in the 1st a Julio Jones type 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are digging a deeper hole. Now you want to use our 1st on someone who will play on 3rd downs?! That would be even more horrible than if he started all 3 downs as an rb.

Jared......

You're not grasping this,  my man.,.

He would play different positions on different downs.  He's a rare player.

With a little Luck, he'd score 10-15 TDs his rookie year

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Nobody's going to boycott the Colts

You don't go on twitter much, fans were upset with Irsay and yelling on his account at him about the coaching and GM job. If Irsay signs a new GM and he acts like the old one in the draft, then fans are smart enough to know that nothing has changed and Ballard would be here for 5 more years doing the same thing. Not saying he will, but if he does, fans will revolt. This isn't 30 years ago where fans were stupid and mindless sheep.

I have no idea if we want McCaffrey, but it depends on who is still on the board, and if it were Denver and you know he is going McCaffrey, then you have to look at the teams who are 16-19 and their team needs. If Reuben Foster is there at 15, I say don't trade, but on the other hand, if Foster and Reddick are both there, and the teams behind you do not need LB, although BPA may rule, you say it is a 300 pt. difference. You start off with both their 3rds, their normal pick and conditional pick, and their 5th rounder. That gives you 301 and matches up with the trade chart. I think they balk at the 5th but it could be used as leverage and would be really happy getting two 3rds to move back 5 spots, and as far as the value chart you could argue they got the better deal, although that would not be my position.

If they back down or if prefer this scenario, ask for their 2nd round pick and switch our 3rd round pick with your conditional 3rd round pick. That is perfect on the trade chart, we move back in the third, but we get an extra 2nd which I would love. Either one works for me.

The important thing is although this draft is very deep which is good for us since we are looking for a bunch of young quality guys we can mold. We have said give us a year so a deep draft helps us. There is a delineation mark around the top 17, which I think is important, and helps us for a trade back scenario. For us, we are DB depleted, and although the top DB's will be gone by our pick, there are plenty of good ones from twenty on. Maybe Marlon Humphrey, and then Kevin King or Buddha Baker with our 2nd round or there pick. Regardless, moving back 5 picks, as long as we get full value, it would be worth it , and there are a couple ways to work it on the value chart any team wanting to move up. 

Just remember when negotiating, any team who wants to move up probably has fallen in love with a guy, possibly did not believe he would still be there, so make sure they pay full value for it. Othewise you take Foster or Reddick.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He's a better back so it would be out of position plus as I said WR in the 1st is just as stupid as RB. And he's not a big physical WR that's the only WR that should go in the 1st a Julio Jones type 

who said he's a better back than a WR?

The future is multi positon players you can shift out of the backfield (or into it)

You don't pass on a rare player

Jared......

You're not grasping this,  my man.,.

He would play different positions on different downs.  He's a rare player.

With a little Luck, he'd score 10-15 TDs his rookie year

The problem with this is Luck doesn't throw screens, so a big part of his repitoire won't work that well. An rb that isn't an rb really isn't worth a 1st rounder. I'd rather have an rb later that will carry the ball 20 times a game tbh.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The future is multi positon players you can shift out of the backfield (or into it)

He isn't a rare player. You're letting your fandom get the better of you.   

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You don't go on twitter much, fans were upset with Irsay and yelling on his account at him about the coaching and GM job. If Irsay signs a new GM and he acts like the old one in the draft, then fans are smart enough to know that nothing has changed and Ballard would be here for 5 more years doing the same thing. Not saying he will, but if he does, fans will revolt. This isn't 30 years ago where fans were stupid and mindless sheep.

I dont think the majority of fans who go to games are on twitter....whining about Irsay

Folks who give up tickets will watch those seats filled by others..

This isnt 30 years ago.,we have Andrew Luck..

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

lmao he's not rare :facepalm: Julio Jones is rare von Miller is rare Andrew luck is rare 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The problem with this is Luck doesn't throw screens, so a big part of his repitoire won't work that well. An rb that isn't an rb really isn't worth a 1st rounder. I'd rather have an rb later that will carry the ball 20 times a game tbh.

who said Luck doesn't throw screens.....I;m sure he could

I dont think the majority of fans who go to games are on twitter....whining about Irsay

Folks who give up tickets will watch those seats filled by others..

This isnt 30 years ago.,we have Andrew Luck..

The hardcores are well aware of what is going on in every facet, and most of them are complaining right now. The casuals are quieter, but they are more internet savvy now, and even they realize that Luck is in his 6th year and things have gone south. If they see more offense drafted, they wouldn't care that McCaffrey is a "hybrid" player, they just see someone who reminds them of Trent and think the defense isn't being improved because the 1st round wasn't spent on defense.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jags take Fournette, I'll lay odds on that all day. Cook is the wildcard, he could go anywhere 5-14, but he should be gone by the Eagles pick. McCaffrey won't make it past Denver at 20 (unless OJ Howard falls to 20), so I see it definitely happening. The question is, will they all go before us, or will McCaffrey make it to our pick.

Howard is moving up quickly and is one of the best TE's to come out in a long time. Alabama just did not utilize him. He dominated in the Senior Bowl, can block which is a plus, and will be gone in the top 10. I would not be surprised to see Jacksonville actually take Howard. Sounds a bit early, but they are looking for a way to let their defense develop with the talent they supposedly have there, and help Bortles enough so he can manage the game. TE's and RB's are a QB's best friend, so I expect one of those two, but I still think it wil be Fournette.

Also when I say Jacksonville and all the talent they have on defense, which they do have some, but if they were that incredibly talented, could Bortles really be holding them back that much, or is it we just think they are talented all over because they are always drafting in the top 5 it seems, or at least top 10. If you are talented, at some point you have to win? Just a sidenote I had been thinking about because everyone raves about the talent they have, yet they do not win.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

who said Luck doesn't throw screens.....I;m sure he could

Of course he could, but he rarely does, and that's why guys like Phillip Dorsett are so useless on our offense. He only gets a long pass instead of dinks and dunks where he can use his speed. McCaffrey wouldn't be any different and would just be used as an rb and a normal possession receiver. Probably like Gore with this coaching staff instead of a star.

1 minute ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Howard is moving up quickly and is one of the best TE's to come out in a long time. Alabama just did not utilize him. He dominated in the Senior Bowl, can block which is a plus, and will be gone in the top 10. I would not be surprised to see Jacksonville actually take Howard. Sounds a bit early, but they are looking for a way to let their defense develop with the talent they supposedly have there, and help Bortles enough so he can manage the game. TE's and RB's are a QB's best friend, so I expect one of those two, but I still think it wil be Fournette.

Also when I say Jacksonville and all the talent they have on defense, which they do have some, but if they were that incredibly talented, could Bortles really be holding them back that much, or is it we just think they are talented all over because they are always drafting in the top 5 it seems, or at least top 10. If you are talented, at some point you have to win? Just a sidenote I had been thinking about because everyone raves about the talent they have, yet they do not win.

They could trade back and get Howard and then take Mixon in the second

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Of course he could, but he rarely does, and that's why guys like Phillip Dorsett are so useless on our offense. He only gets a long pass instead of dinks and dunks where he can use his speed. McCaffrey wouldn't be any different and would just be used as an rb and a normal possession receiver. Probably like Gore with this coaching staff instead of a star.

So..let me sum up what I've learned tonight: Andrew Luck wont throw screen passes and Jennifer Garner is a bad girl....in the acting sense

I got it now

The point is: Denver wants him badly.. (Maybe they throw screens)

We can get picks. Picks are good./   We can get extra picks easier that DBs against Ryan Fitzpatrick.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I forget now.

Has anyone ever announced before the Draft Day what would they do..??

(...except for Kevin Costner...)

Thank you for finishing my thought, being that we have no idea the Broncos feel this way, at all.

Easy to may sound logical, though, and offers something to talk about in the off season.

Better than many off season topics lately.

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

So..let me sum up what I've learned tonight: Andrew Luck wont throw screen passes and Jennifer Garner is a bad girl....in the acting sense

I got it now

The point is: Denver wants him badly.. (Maybe they throw screens)

We can get picks. Picks are good./   We can get extra picks easier that DBs against Ryan Fitzpatrick.

No one knows how badly the Broncos want him other than the Broncos

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Twitter?    Really, you base too much on Twitter.   Most Twitter users like to post in a way to may themselves vocal.   Many times they don't really believe what they type.   They do it for reaction.

The Colts nearly sold out every game last season.   They are not going anywhere if Ballard drafts a RB in the 1st round.

Personally, I hope he doesn't.

Differential in the trade is 200 points.

Roughly a 3rd and a 4th would be a decent trade off value wise. I might try to bargain just a 2 instead of a 3/4 though. Depends how much they want McCaffrey and how much they believe we'll take him if they don't trade up.

If we can manage to Draft Day style leverage McCaffrey to them for a 2nd then that's some damn good work. Might have to throw in one of our late 4ths to sweeten the deal, but I'd take that deal any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Don't play games with the draft or try to be cute.  Simply tell the Broncos that if he is there at 15 we will draft him and immediately trade him to the Broncos for their first and third.  

This would provide the most confidence to Elway that he will get the player he wants and will be giving up fair value.  We will get an extra good pick in return.  Its a fair deal.

Elway could get cute and try to work a trade for team from 16 to 19 and give up only a 4th, or no trade at all and pick him at 20, but neither of those scenarios gives him confidence that McCaffrey will be there because there is always a chance that we would keep him for ourselves. 

Then the only reason he would jump us is because he doesn't think McCaffrey will be there at 15 for us to pick.

If they are really that desperate, grab both their first and second. Great value for us, even throw in our fifth to even it up a bit, and they might do it just to get McCaffrey if they really want him that much. Would be a steal for us and give us a mid-late 2nd to hopefully grab D'onta Foreman