Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you want from Denver to switch picks?

oldunclemark

Reading the web sites from Denver, there is a strong feeling that the Broncos will take Stanford's Christian McCaffrey with the 20th pick in the first round.

McCaffrey has moved up on a lot of draft boards after his summer showcase workouts.

Some in Denver are concerned that the Colts will take McCaffrey to be the all-purpose...multi position threat Andrew Luck has never had.

But Denver doesn't know if the Colts will draft McCaffrey or not...We might want somebody we can get with the 20th pick

What would you want from Denver to switch the 15th and the 20th picks?    a 3rd round pick?  CJ Anderson?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Elway gagged and tied.....I hate him.

When I learned what he did to the colts I am unable to view him in any other way than with a crying baby head. 

On the subject though I think they can stay where they are and get him. I find it odd they want him in the first. They need Lamp or some kind of line help. I also believed that I read their first and third is equal in points to our first.

24 minutes ago, KB said:

When I learned what he did to the colts I am unable to view him in any other way than with a crying baby head. 

On the subject though I think they can stay where they are and get him. I find it odd they want him in the first. They need Lamp or some kind of line help. I also believed that I read their first and third is equal in points to our first.

KB...I know you know that McCaffrey's dad played for the Broncos and presently calls their games on radio.

He's a legend there....and a friend of Elway's

the younger McCaffrey played on multiple Colorado state high school champs.

He is the kick returner, the slot receiver and the 3rd down back they (and we) don't have.

The Broncos have signed five free agent offensive and defensive linemen this month..they have gotten line help.

They COULD stay where they are and hope to get him but they don't know we wont pick him. So

What would you want in return to switch picks.?

I would take McCaffrey fro the Colts. myself

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Reading the web sites from Denver, there is a strong feeling that the Broncos will take Stanford's Christian McCaffrey with the 20th pick in the first round.

McCaffrey has moved up on a lot of draft boards after his summer showcase workouts.

Some in Denver are concerned that the Colts will take McCaffrey to be the all-purpose...multi position threat Andrew Luck has never had.

But Denver doesn't know if the Colts will draft McCaffrey or not...We might want somebody we can get with the 20th pick

What would you want from Denver to switch the 15th and the 20th picks?    a 3rd round pick?  CJ Anderson?

I would tell Elway, if you want McCaffrey, give us your 1st and 2nd, if he doesn't do it, then no deal and force him to sweat it out til 20. If he doesn't call your bluff, take BPA.

53 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Von Miller or no deal!! ...But seriously I think a third and late rounder would be the best you get.

Disagree with this. Ballard should know Elway wants McCaffrey. This is a situation where we can get Elway by the balls and force him to give up extra value to get his guy. Not only do we know he's interested, he knows we're interested, and we pick 5 picks ahead of him. Time to shake him upside down by the ankles and get everything we can!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would tell Elway, if you want McCaffrey, give us your 1st and 2nd, if he doesn't do it, then no deal and force him to sweat it out til 20. If he doesn't call your bluff, take BPA.

No..make a realistic offer and then take it..

They have two 3rd round picks....Take 'em and move from 15 to 20..

..or better yet..just take Mccaffrey

Disagree with this. Ballard should know Elway wants McCaffrey. This is a situation where we can get Elway by the balls and force him to give up extra value to get his guy. Not only do we know he's interested, he knows we're interested, and we pick 5 picks ahead of him. Time to shake him upside down by the ankles and get everything we can!

Exactly..its the way the draft game is played

Just now, oldunclemark said:

No..make a realistic offer and then take it..

They have two 3rd round picks....Take 'em and move from 15 to 20..

..or better yet..just take Mccaffrey

I would be fine with two 3rd rounders. Absolutely don't take McCaffrey, he shouldn't be anywhere on our board in the 1st. Probably 20 better players I can think of off hand, and this is a deep rb class.

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

If they're worried about the Colts, they'll try to jump them, not trade with them. Otherwise they'd need to overpay. 

Buc.....they DONT KNOW if we want McCaffrey or not.

They have 11 picks and they dont want or need 11 rookies....

Time to get some extra picks

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I would be fine with two 3rd rounders. Absolutely don't take McCaffrey, he shouldn't be anywhere on our board in the 1st. Probably 20 better players I can think of off hand, and this is a deep rb class.

McCaffrey isn't a running back.......he's a hybrid..the guy we (and they) dont have

McCaffrey isn't a running back.......he's a hybrid..the guy we (and they) dont have

Well they can have him and I won't fight with them one bit. I'd actually love for them to take him then there is no chance we take him in the 2nd.

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

KB...I know you know that McCaffrey's dad played for the Broncos and presently calls their games on radio.

He's a legend there....and a friend of Elway's

the younger McCaffrey played on multiple Colorado state high school champs.

He is the kick returner, the slot receiver and the 3rd down back they (and we) don't have.

The Broncos have signed five free agent offensive and defensive linemen this month..they have gotten line help.

They COULD stay where they are and hope to get him but they don't know we wont pick him. So

What would you want in return to switch picks.?

I would take McCaffrey fro the Colts. myself

I didn't know that about his dad. That's actually pretty cool.

I know his receiving abilities very well, especially since I live in Colorado and saw his dad growing up. It's still a horrible pick though, and there are similar RBs we can get later in the draft. We need to fix the defense and play to the drafts strengths, or go O-Line if Lamp is there and defense is gone early. Remember how Trent burned us. If it happens again, Ballard's reputation will be tarnished quickly, and he'll look like a fool for taking the 3rd best rb in a deep rb class in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well they can have him and I won't fight with them one bit. I'd actually love for them to take him then there is no chance we take him in the 2nd.

Best case scenario, Fournette and Cook go early, then McCaffrey goes to the Eagles at 14. That would make the coin flip so ironic as moving down a spot actually saves us from a bad pick we were interested in.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I know his receiving abilities very well, especially since I live in Colorado and saw his dad growing up. It's still a horrible pick though, and there are similar RBs we can get later in the draft. We need to fix the defense and play to the drafts strengths, or go O-Line if Lamp is there and defense is gone early. Remember how Trent burned us. If it happens again, Ballard's reputation will be tarnished quickly, and he'll look like a fool for taking the 3rd best rb in a deep rb class in the 1st round.

Hell he's lucky if he's the 4th best Mixon Fournette and Cook are all better 

Just now, KB said:

I didn't know that about his dad. That's actually pretty cool.

KB....Christian McC     ..played on four consecutive state title high school teams ..in Colorado

He was a two-time national high school player of the year..

He was runner-up college player of the year..

..and he is what they need to juice up a lame offense at 3 spots..

Denver wants him and I think they'd give us two extra picks to get him..on 'Draft Day'.

Where is Kevin Costner and Jennifer Garner when we NEED them???

KB....Christian McC     ..played on four consecutive state title high school teams ..in Colorado

Denver wants him and I think they'd give us two extra picks to get him..on 'Draft Day'.

Jennifer Garner did terrible in draftday. Don't remember any of her other movies, but I hope she's not always that bad.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If they want to trade up with us for him then I am perfectly fine with it.  I knew he was good in college but didnt realize he had that kind of pedigree 

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mixon may be better, but he won't go in the 1st, McCaffrey will. Mixon, if we get him, will be in the 2nd, so we'll get solid value at least.

I see no reason why 3 backs go in the first not with all the great value on the D side of the ball. Plus some think a team could trade back into the first for Mixon 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

I see no reason why 3 backs go in the first not with all the great value on the D side of the ball. Plus some think a team could trade back into the first for Mixon 

Jags take Fournette, I'll lay odds on that all day. Cook is the wildcard, he could go anywhere 5-14, but he should be gone by the Eagles pick. McCaffrey won't make it past Denver at 20 (unless OJ Howard falls to 20), so I see it definitely happening. The question is, will they all go before us, or will McCaffrey make it to our pick.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Do you think the Colts would take Mixon under and circumstances....?

I agree..but again...Christian Mccaffrey is a hybrid..not an RB...

He wouldn't take Frank Gore's place..he would play on 3rd down..in the slot next to TY and run back kicks

You are digging a deeper hole. Now you want to use our 1st on someone who will play on 3rd downs?! That would be even more horrible than if he started all 3 downs as an rb.

I agree..but again...Christian Mccaffrey is a hybrid..not an RB...

He wouldn't take Frank Gore's place..he would play on 3rd down..in the slot next to TY and run back kicks

Oh grand lets take a RB in the 1st and play him out if position as a WR another position we don't need in the first great plan 

Jags take Fournette, I'll lay odds on that all day. Cook is the wildcard, he could go anywhere 5-14, but he should be gone by the Eagles pick. McCaffrey won't make it past Denver at 20 (unless OJ Howard falls to 20), so I see it definitely happening. The question is, will they all go before us, or will McCaffrey make it to our pick.

I don't really care cause I personally don't think Ballard is dumb enough to take a RB in the 1st lol 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Oh grand lets take a RB in the 1st and play him out if position as a WR another position we don't need in the first great plan 

WR is not out of position for him....he's played it.

He's a multi-position player..and Luck knows all about him