Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Think this could be the Colts plan regarding wanting to trade back in the first (re Tyus Bowser)?

Hey I like Bowser a whole bunch, but I don't know if he's their first round plan.  I think he's a really good ball player.  I'm sure the forum would explode if he got picked in the first round though.  One of the best things I like about him is he's an edge rusher that is pretty darn good in coverage if you asked him to cover. 

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Huge reach, 3rd-4th rounder at best.

Unless we also sign Mario Williams and bring Jonathan Luigs out of retirement. :)

I don't know that I would say huge reach in the first. I wouldn't take him that high He's an explosive athlete that will go day 2. He will probably go somewhere between our 2nd and 3rd. He isn't going to be around day 3.

He had the highest SPARQ of the Edge group. Willis Wyatt Thomas and Reddick made up the top 5. 

5 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Trading back in the 1st and grabbing a 3rd round OLB? Doubtful.

More likely Jordan Willis at the top of the 2nd.

For the first time I saw Jordan Willis move up into a couple mocks in the late 1st round. The guy has mammoth production, and has the athletic ability of Reddick and Foster or close to it. If we moved back and got the right price, I could see him as getting picked in the 28-32 spot. I would like him more in the early 2nd if we could get someone's pick there, but I think he is a great talent, and would love to have him.

If I had my own picks, I would get Foster or Reddick in the first and Willis in the 2nd. The 3rd and 4th would be about DB's and OL. I think if you had Foster/Reddick and Willis, your LB corp immediately looks set for the future. All three of those guys have major athletic skills, high motors, and terrific college production. Exactly what i want!

16 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Huge reach, 3rd-4th rounder at best.

Unless we also sign Mario Williams and bring Jonathan Luigs out of retirement. :)

Now that's how you create competition.

Need to then sign a redhead cheerleader to be the princess. The Dolphins always seem to have one or two.

A lot of bashers here, but I have Bowser in Round 2 of my mock and would be crossing my fingers that he lasts that long.  I've been thinking of him like many see Reddick since I watched two Houston games about mid year.  IMHO, he is an athletic ILB that can do everything well, including rush the passer and cover.  The fact that you can use him as an edge rusher is gravy.

BTW, I tuned into Reddick's and Willis' games too and came away less impressed.   I didn't think much of Willis at all.  Reddick, I liked a lot, but he seemed like a bit of a freelancer.  Not sure how he'll translate to a pro system with more defined assignments for him...

1 hour ago, Archer said:

A lot of bashers here, but I have Bowser in Round 2 of my mock and would be crossing my fingers that he lasts that long.  I've been thinking of him like many see Reddick since I watched two Houston games about mid year.  IMHO, he is an athletic ILB that can do everything well, including rush the passer and cover.  The fact that you can use him as an edge rusher is gravy.

BTW, I tuned into Reddick's and Willis' games too and came away less impressed.   I didn't think much of Willis at all.  Reddick, I liked a lot, but he seemed like a bit of a freelancer.  Not sure how he'll translate to a pro system with more defined assignments for him...

Willis was a day 3 guy from his tape The combine has pushed him to a day 2. It will be interesting to see how high he goes. I think the 3rd. I'm always cautious about big movers based on the combine. 

I think Bowser will go in the 2nd and he should. He has good tape and tested well. He had the highest SPARQ score among LB's

If Colts trade back to lets say between 24-32, the pick will be Sidney Jones, who will red shirt injury the first year. No team in this area will have a high enough 2nd or third rounder for the Colts to be able to get two players of talent between picks 1-40, that's why I'd assume the pick would be Jones. If they like him, they won't get him 15-47, without taking him first wherever we have our pick slotted

On 3/30/2017 at 10:46 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that'd be a reach. If Ballard traded back for any pass rusher in the 1st, it'd be Charles Harris.

The person I believe they are targeting the most is Charles Harris. From Bleacher - Matt Miller mentions this.

After the Solomon Thomas then you have the question who will be the next defensive linebacker or pass rusher will be taken.

After S. Thomas, based on mocks or big board - it is coin flip if it will be Hassan Reddick or Charles Harris who will be taken as the next tier of players.

I feel that these players can go anywhere between picks 15-20 or 20-25. Which makes sense in why Ballard wants to trade down little more to get another pick.

So I believe Colts want to trade down to get Charles Harris and hope to pickup a 3rd or 4th rd pick. 

( the only exception to this i believe is if players who are in top 10 fallout - Jonathan Allen {shoulder reason or didn't test well at combine} or Reuben Foster {combine incident} - where I feel Ballard would go with best player available and select one of these guys over - Charles Harris. )

Too many pass rushers in this draft for Bowser to be in round 2.

i.e. Garrett, Thomas, Barnett, McKinley, Harris, Williams, Anderson, Rivers, Willis, Watt, Lawson, Basham, Hall, Hendrickson...

I'm predicting rounds 3-5, and will have a fall like Scooby Wright in last year's draft.

43 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

i.e. Garrett, Thomas, Barnett, McKinley, Harris, Williams, Anderson, Rivers, Willis, Watt, Lawson, Basham, Hall, Hendrickson...

I'm predicting rounds 3-5, and will have a fall like Scooby Wright in last year's draft.

Yeah right. You've been on drugs for a while now for no good reason. As if the entire forum has been hyping up Bowser for weeks and weeks. Bowser wont go any lower than the third round. The Scooby Wright stuff makes you sound silly. Real silly. Very obvious Bowser can play. Way better athlete than Scooby Wright first of all.

I've had the trade-down option in the first as my preference for some time.  I'm starting to put Bowser as my pick for the Colts in the #25 range.  But, I think his value is as an athletic Inside LB.  He is extremely good in coverage, as well as instinctive.  While he should be a great blitzer, he is under-developed as a rusher.  So, if you view him as an edge rusher, I can see you thinking he's a third round guy.  But you're overlooking the best parts of his game.  He's what everyone seems to think Reddick will be...

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

I've had the trade-down option in the first as my preference for some time.  I'm starting to put Bowser as my pick for the Colts in the #25 range.  But, I think his value is as an athletic Inside LB.  He is extremely good in coverage, as well as instinctive.  While he should be a great blitzer, he is under-developed as a rusher.  So, if you view him as an edge rusher, I can see you thinking he's a third round guy.  But you're overlooking the best parts of his game.  He's what everyone seems to think Reddick will be...

He is not a polished Edge guy but could still handle his own out there if he keeps progressing.  He has similar size to one...Robert Mathis.  Definitely not comparing them by any means but size wise they are very close.  That being said he has great explosion and is a great athlete so taking him in the 1st round might be to high IMO.  If he is there in the 2nd or even the 3rd then yes please.  The right coaching and commitment to the sport can allow him to become a beast.  If we did draft him I doubt we would want to push him inside, but I could be wrong for sure.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

"As if the entire forum has been hyping up Bowser for weeks and weeks."

That's exactly the case. More hype about him on this forum than anywhere else.

Pure Bull.   A small number of posters on here even mention his name and it's never in the first round.   You're full of it.  His name hasn't come up in many peoples mocks and there's been a lot of mocks done on this forum.  If people were hyping him then you'd see his name in most of the mocks.   Hasn't been the case.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:51 PM, JRnINDY said:

RX2hAIT.png

wow, tough call for Ballard

4 hours ago, krunk said:

Yeah right. You've been on drugs for a while now for no good reason. As if the entire forum has been hyping up Bowser for weeks and weeks. Bowser wont go any lower than the third round. The Scooby Wright stuff makes you sound silly. Real silly. Very obvious Bowser can play. Way better athlete than Scooby Wright first of all.

I've only seen him mentioned a few times.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Tough to place the guy.  Here's a repsected scout/consultanrs vew. 

{Many Bothans Died to Bring You this Information  yoda_256.png}

" 92. SB/IB–TYUS BOWSER–HOUSTON
Bowser has been a strong performer during the evaluating process, landing in the 95th percentile for edge rushers during Combine work. Among the results that the 6-foot-3, 247-pounder turned in, a 4.65s 40-yard dash, a 37.5-inch vertical jump and a 127-inch broad jump. All those marks were among the best in the linebacking group, as was his 6.75s run through the three-cone drill.
His skillset, versatility, and remarkable value for 3-4 and 4-3 teams will help him
Eli Harold type player that lacks production, but his explosive characteristics off the edge will push him up the draft board and give him a chance to play. He is really athletic and really quick off the snap in these one-on-ones. Bowser spent a couple of seasons playing basketball, which should give an indication of his quickness and athleticism. He flashed with playmaking skills but lacks overall consistency. "

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

He is not a polished Edge guy but could still handle his own out there if he keeps progressing.  He has similar size to one...Robert Mathis.  Definitely not comparing them by any means but size wise they are very close.  That being said he has great explosion and is a great athlete so taking him in the 1st round might be to high IMO.  If he is there in the 2nd or even the 3rd then yes please.  The right coaching and commitment to the sport can allow him to become a beast.  If we did draft him I doubt we would want to push him inside, but I could be wrong for sure.

Somebody compared Bowesr's  measurables to Von Miller. This scout compared play (via tape and games seen) to Eli Harold.  Your call fourm...

14 hours ago, Archer said:

I agree he fits the WILL much better then an edge. But he's still not worth the #25 pick. I think theres a good chance he's there at #46 or if we did trade back maybe even the other 2nd round pick. 

18 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Pfffft you must be a Grigson scout looking for a job. I'm predicting your homeless around 3-5 months.

For a late second this makes sense. I know alot of people are thinking about trading back in the first but he might just trade back in the second to gain an extra fourth. This guy definatly could be there late second.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:09 PM, shastamasta said:

Ultimately, she was a blonde...but not at first.

Plus, Princess Daisy (redhead) was better...though she did not encounter Bowser.

718a198f8eb927b9d302b70335969fc4.png

Princess Zelda mops the floor with the lot of them.