Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'onta Foreman runs 4.4 at Pro Day

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We averaged 25.7 point a game, ok we were 8th, not Top 5. Wow I was off by 3 spots. 25.7 a game and if we add a solid RB that goes up with ease. We were the 8th best Offense regarding points per game to be 100% correct.

If we had the D to go with it we would've been top 5 easily

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Im hoping that the colts don't think the line is set yet. Would really like to see lamp selected. 

Trying to read the Colts tea leaves and what I've come to, the Colts will in fact select a pass protector for Luck. My question though, is #15 the right spot for the quality of olineman in this draft or will we see a trade down? I don't want to see a trade down just to collect a 4th rd pick, if we can't get a solid 3rd or 2nd rd pick, just go with BPA at the time. If we are, and I believe CB wants to first protect Luck, grabbing the best olineman we can is going to happen. You just can't reach for a decent line guy with all the superior defensive talent avail where we select. I'd be ok with trading a 4th rd and our second to move up in the second if one of the more solid oline guys are still available. Will be interesting 

1 hour ago, ClaytonColt said:

Is it just me who is always a little sceptical about these pro-day times?

I've heard scouts say they adjust the times by 2-5 hundredths. You can adjust it a full tenth, 4.55 for Foreman is an eyebrow raiser. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Trying to read the Colts tea leaves and what I've come to, the Colts will in fact select a pass protector for Luck. My question though, is #15 the right spot for the quality of olineman in this draft or will we see a trade down? I don't want to see a trade down just to collect a 4th rd pick, if we can't get a solid 3rd or 2nd rd pick, just go with BPA at the time. If we are, and I believe CB wants to first protect Luck, grabbing the best olineman we can is going to happen. You just can't reach for a decent line guy with all the superior defensive talent avail where we select. I'd be ok with trading a 4th rd and our second to move up in the second if one of the more solid oline guys are still available. Will be interesting 

But what is more important? Protecting the longetivity of Andrew or going BPA? I want to see luck as a healthy QB year in and year out. Not and injured one like Big Ben. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For me, it was always between he and Hunt for a Round 3 pick. I am not sure either will be there in Round 4? Love Foreman's speed and size. I wouldn't mind seeing us draft Lamp in Round 1, a Pass Rusher in Round 2 BPA at Pass Rush whoever that may be, and 1 of those RB's in Round 3. Then with the rest of our picks just go all Defense, maybe a couple of more LB's and a CB in that mix. Put Lamp and Foreman on our Offense we could be really tough to stop with better Line play and a young solid RB.

Yeah if they wanted Lamp, I'm wondering if they could trade back also in the first round?

8 hours ago, krunk said:

nfl-35.png  NFL | D'Onta Foreman impresses at pro day    Wed Mar 29, 11:13 PM

Texas RB D'Onta Foreman, who was held out of the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine due to a stress fracture in his foot, ran the 40-yard dash in a 4.45 seconds at his school's pro day on Tuesday, March 28. The 234-pound Foreman also recorded a 33-inch vertical jump and 10-foot broad jump. Foreman’s pass catching really stood out in drills as he made every catch, grabbing the ball away from his frame. There was no body catching, bobbling of the ball or double-catching.

Link to story

He has been the RB I have wanted all along. Hoping we can snag him in the third. He is a beast on the field. And I think he will be the second or third best back to come out of this class. 

48 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

But what is more important? Protecting the longetivity of Andrew or going BPA? I want to see luck as a healthy QB year in and year out. Not and injured one like Big Ben. 

True but if the olineman you get at 15 is say rated at a 32 and you have a top 15 rated defense guy at 15 when you pick, do you reach just to try and protect Luck? What if the lineman isn't ready to start or isn't a fit for the scheme or position we need him to play? 

I dont know where these oline oline guys are rated vs someone we may get with a second pick. All I know is everyone says this is a defense draft heaven and that the oline guys are not very good this year. I'm not opposed to any position picks. I want luck upright too, just don't want to reach too far for a potential Ugho type guy and miss out on a Miller kinda of lb'er. 

11 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

True but if the olineman you get at 15 is say rated at a 32 and you have a top 15 rated defense guy at 15 when you pick, do you reach just to try and protect Luck? What if the lineman isn't ready to start or isn't a fit for the scheme or position we need him to play? 

I dont know where these oline oline guys are rated vs someone we may get with a second pick. All I know is everyone says this is a defense draft heaven and that the oline guys are not very good this year. I'm not opposed to any position picks. I want luck upright too, just don't want to reach too far for a potential Ugho type guy and miss out on a Miller kinda of lb'er. 

With it being a defensive heaven then we should be okay picking oline. lamp is said to be a top graded guard in this draft. First round talent. If we could trade up and draft him later in the first while getting an extra 3rd I would be all for it. Then like you said, draft defense. In the end I would be okay drafting him at 15. He would complete the oline. Giving us a competent running game (helps luck too) while also keeping #12 upright. 

Originally I wanted defense in the first. But the more I hear about lamp, the more I want him on this team, considering we didn't sign anyone worth mentioning this offseason to help solidify this line. I think the colts are in fact targeting lamp. 

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Wait.. Timeout. Andrew/TY/Doyle? So Doyle is the real deal because as a back up in 16' he played well? I mean is he even top 15-20 in the league? Let's not get carried away with optimism. And when did the Colts have a top 5 offense? When? When the rubber hits the road, the Colts have choked every meaningful game, now all of a sudden our Offense is top 5? Where did that come from? What reputable site did that come from?

Well, because we were 10th in yardage and 8th in scoring in the toughest division.
 He dwells on rating our guys top 10... bla bla like Castonzo, or if we add bla bla we will be a top whatever!
 How old is he i am often wondering.

7 hours ago, Superman said:

b906f60b248242710e6f563be106dfe7_o-rly-o

I'm pretty shocked by this. Guess it's just the way they run that offense it didn't seem like he was that fast. I kinda saw him in the same light as Gore. Most of my mocks I had us taking him in rd 4 of course those were over a month ago...a lot has changed for us since then...seems he will help his draft status with these numbers. I still don't see him rd 2 like others say because I don't care for him in our passing game..or in pass protection. I'm so interested in this draft. Haven't had so many early rd picks in awhile...very intriguing.

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Worked out pretty well with Kelly last yr.  

3 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

With it being a defensive heaven then we should be okay picking oline. lamp is said to be a top graded guard in this draft. First round talent. If we could trade up and draft him later in the first while getting an extra 3rd I would be all for it. Then like you said, draft defense. In the end I would be okay drafting him at 15. He would complete the oline. Giving us a competent running game (helps luck too) while also keeping #12 upright. 

Originally I wanted defense in the first. But the more I hear about lamp, the more I want him on this team, considering we didn't sign anyone worth mentioning this offseason to help solidify this line. I think the colts are in fact targeting lamp. 

The best Olineman in the draft is not a reach if it keeps the best young QB in 25 yrs from having surgery very yr

I do not understand why everyone is so bent on getting  a O-line or a RB in the first round, The colts O-line from last year did a stand up job considering they started a lot of rookies and the offensive line coach was changed, Your left Guard was hurt most of the year. Kelly a rookie stood his own ground then you got Haeg at RG with a little weight training could play either play RT or RG, Good who has played RT can play RG if they decide to switch him back to the inside and move Haeg outside. If the colts really need a lineman their will be plenty in the second you have a kid out of Indiana who can play left or right Guard  who IMOP is a lot better then Lamp whose primary job was pass protection at IU. He is projected to go mid to late 2nd round. As for RB the Colts can pick one up in the 3rd to 4th round. IMOP the colts need to work on Defense in the first if possible if they do trade down for more picks great all that does is put more horses in the stable for the colts to work with 

23 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Watch his tape. With his size, he's not the power back many of you think. He goes down on first contact a lot more than most. Pass 

lol what?

You say watch his tape yet if you watch him against ND and Oklahoma he did nothing but break tackles and go forward....  And against Oklahoma he had literally no help as his QB and oline were awful that day. 

Draftbreakdown has both on YouTube if you are wondering. 

9 hours ago, Archangel said:

I do not understand why everyone is so bent on getting  a O-line or a RB in the first round, The colts O-line from last year did a stand up job considering they started a lot of rookies and the offensive line coach was changed, Your left Guard was hurt most of the year. Kelly a rookie stood his own ground then you got Haeg at RG with a little weight training could play either play RT or RG, Good who has played RT can play RG if they decide to switch him back to the inside and move Haeg outside. If the colts really need a lineman their will be plenty in the second you have a kid out of Indiana who can play left or right Guard  who IMOP is a lot better then Lamp whose primary job was pass protection at IU. He is projected to go mid to late 2nd round. As for RB the Colts can pick one up in the 3rd to 4th round. IMOP the colts need to work on Defense in the first if possible if they do trade down for more picks great all that does is put more horses in the stable for the colts to work with 

Denzel Good should never start another game for the Colts.

21 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Worked out pretty well with Kelly last yr.  

It did work out great but all I want is great value to where we pick and if it's oline, so be it. I just don't know where lamp grades out vs a couple of these other, what's said to be the best of a bad group (comparatively speaking). The Alabama gaurd, and another tackle moved to guard. All this compared to the best defensive player at #15. We hopefully won't be picking this high again. 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

It did work out great but all I want is great value to where we pick and if it's oline, so be it. I just don't know where lamp grades out vs a couple of these other, what's said to be the best of a bad group (comparatively speaking). The Alabama gaurd, and another tackle moved to guard. All this compared to the best defensive player at #15. We hopefully won't be picking this high again. 

If there is not a willing trade partner it doesn't matter.    I am less worried about perceived value and I am about value to the Colts