Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Akeem Ayers at ILB?

Krauses

2 hours ago, Krauses said:

Any chance Akeem gets some reps at ILB?  I thought he looked really solid in coverage last year and even got a pick.  I think he could also provide some inside pass rush from the postion similar to a Jamie Collins. Thoughts?

our defensive coach is a former lb coach so who knows

11 hours ago, Krauses said:

Any chance Akeem gets some reps at ILB?  I thought he looked really solid in coverage last year and even got a pick.  I think he could also provide some inside pass rush from the postion similar to a Jamie Collins. Thoughts?

Didn't he play LB with the Rams in their 4-3? I remember reading something about that when he signed here. He was a bit out of position, but I feel he could make the adjustment if we didn't get some help in the draft (I'm hoping for Reddick!). Not a bad thought, would definitely be interesting to see how he plays there. 

2 hours ago, Str8himalaya said:

Didn't he play LB with the Rams in their 4-3? I remember reading something about that when he signed here. He was a bit out of position, but I feel he could make the adjustment if we didn't get some help in the draft (I'm hoping for Reddick!). Not a bad thought, would definitely be interesting to see how he plays there. 

Yes, strongside LB.

I'm completely against trading back in the 1st because there is too much talent at the top of the draft,  but I'm thinking if we go ILB, Ballard trades back and grabs Cunningham or tries to see if Reddick lasts a few picks longer. I doubt Foster is available. 

22 hours ago, Krauses said:

When you say in coverage are you talking about chasing rb`s & te`s?
 I say unlikely.

7 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Doesn't matter. You said its putting a square peg in a round hole. Why? Juat because hes never done it doesnt automatically mean he couldn't.

Kinda does. ILB and OLB are not the same responsibilities

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

No it kinda doesn't. 

"ILB and OLB are not the same responsibilities"

Really? You don't say? In other news, water is wet.

That's like asking Henry Anderson to play NT 

Or maybe like asking joe haeg to play guard. Or Eric swoope to split out wide. Or  Denzelle Goode to play guard.  Or haasan ridgeway to play DE?

No it's not. Olinemen always play different positions and swoope isn't a traditional TE

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

No it's not. Olinemen always play different positions and swoope isn't a traditional TE

Ok let's get 53 players and pigeonhole them into 1 single postion. Have you not listened to any of teds interviews he wants flexibility.  Not only game by game but down by down 

2 minutes ago, Krauses said:

Ok let's get 53 players and pigeonhole them into 1 single postion. Have you not listened to any of teds interviews he wants flexibility.  Not only game by game but down by down 

Tell me how many OLB have converted to Ilb

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Tell me how many OLB have converted to Ilb

On the Super Bowl winning New England Patriots alone 3 of 5 ILB were OLBs.  Maybe do some research on the subject because  it's pretty clear you lack knowledge

26 minutes ago, Krauses said:

Collins, van noy, McClenian, maybe even Hightower.  How does someone with so many posts know so little

Hightower never played outside and Collins was a spy on that defense. He moved around

59 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hightower never played outside and Collins was a spy on that defense. He moved around

I said maybe about Hightower at Alabama and why would they use Collins as a spy he's solely a OLB. Your wrong take the L and stop trying to make irrelevant irrational points 

I said maybe about Hightower at Alabama and why would they use Collins as a spy he's solely a OLB. Your wrong take the L and stop trying to make irrelevant irrational points 

You said 5. You have only two. At no level did hightower play outside. And your point was Collins can play inside then you said he's soley an OLB