Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

YOUR ON THE CLOCK

This is what sits in front of you at 15. What do you do?

3 TE  O.J. HOWARD - ALABAMA
7 EDGE  DEREK BARNETT - TENNESSEE
10 DL  JONATHAN ALLEN - ALABAMA
16 CB  GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
17 EDGE  TACO CHARLTON - MICHIGAN
18 RB  CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY - STANFORD
19 OT  CAM ROBINSON - ALABAMA
22 OT  FORREST LAMP - WESTERN KENTUCKY
23 EDGE  TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA
24 TE  DAVID NJOKU - MIAMI
25 DL  MALIK MCDOWELL - MICHIGAN STATE
26 QB  PATRICK MAHOMES II - TEXAS TECH
27 RB  DALVIN COOK - FLORIDA STATE
28 S  JABRILL PEPPERS - MICHIGAN
29 OT  RYAN RAMCZYK - WISCONSIN
30 EDGE  TIM WILLIAMS - ALABAMA

First choice is Allen, but he will not likely be there. Let's pretend he is off the board. 

Tampa is a good trade suitor for us because they need a corner, safety, offensive tackle, outside linebacker, running back., and receiver. 

I would make a deal with Tampa and then take Lamp at #19.

If Allen had a clean bill of health, it would be a no-brainer for me. Although not a popular choice, I`d go with Jabrill Peppers. He`s starting to grow on me a bit. Colts lack playmakers and he`s going to excel somewhere on the field no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Is Jonathan Allen really expected to be there at 15? I'd be shocked if he was.

Disregarding Allen I would go with Barnett or Lamp but I bet CB would go with Conley.

It's a Fanspeak mock..so take it with a grain of salt...but that being said it's what came up. I thought it would be pretty sweet if it was real.

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

First choice is Allen, but he will not likely be there. Let's pretend he is off the board. 

Tampa is a good trade suitor for us because they need a corner, safety, offensive tackle, outside linebacker, running back., and receiver. 

I would make a deal with Tampa and then take Lamp at #19.

3 hours ago, MPStack said:

If Allen had a clean bill of health, it would be a no-brainer for me. Although not a popular choice, I`d go with Jabrill Peppers. He`s starting to grow on me a bit. Colts lack playmakers and he`s going to excel somewhere on the field no doubt.

Those would both be so divisive they'd blow up this forum!   

Not saying either of you are wrong, I love both guys.  But that Ballard honeymoon would end April 27th for about half of this forum!  It would be hilarious!

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Those would both be so divisive they'd blow up this forum!   

Not saying either of you are wrong, I love both guys.  But that Ballard honeymoon would end April 27th for about half of this forum!  It would be hilarious!

Hey, if we could trade down 4 spots, get Forrest Lamp, and also get an extra 3rd, I'd be all over that. If we drafted Peppers at 15 though, I'd be throwing a huge fit, one like the Colts forum hasn't seen since Peyton Manning didn't play in 2011!

But seriously...

If Howard is available at our pick, and I am able to ignore the Siren song of picking him, I should have no problem getting something good value out of a trade back. The NYG are built to win a Super Bowl and getting a premier TE like Howard could be the missing piece for the upcoming two-year window. If they want Howard, they are going to have to jump at least DEN...but most likely they will have to jump TB and TEN as well. 

If not a TE (since they have OBJ, Marshall and Shepard), the NYG could see a stud RB as the missing piece...and Cook and McCaffrey are the two left on the board. They could play it out and see if one or both are available. But with BAL, WAS and TB possibly targeting them (not to mention another team behind them trading up)...that's too risky. So they just move up and get the guy they truly want. 

It plays out like this. The NYG call and offer me their 3rd and 4th round picks (the latter which is now at the end of the round 4 comp picks). Not bad, but not great. DEN, who wants (and needs) a TE and probably has Howard #1 on their board, is on the other line. They say they will beat that and offer me their original 3rd and 4ht round picks. Much better deal. Thinking I probably can't do any better, I get back on the phone with the NYG to let them down gently. But just as I am about to hang up they offer their second round pick AND their 4th round pick.

Then I sit back and take McDowell...and have seven picks in the 46-144 range to grab a couple DBs, a couple pass rushers, an ILB, a RB and a TE.