Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts among 4 teams most interested in McCaffrey

5 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Luck almost never throws screens, isn't a dink and dunk guy, and isn't really one to dump off to his RB.  That's one of his issues and why he gets hit so often.  He would rather make a play downfield.  So, there would have to be some changes to his game for Christian to be a main cog in our team.  Maybe that's the plan going forward to have that release valve with YAC ability.  Hhmmm, Ballard  , did mention  using Turbin more on 1st and 2nd downs.   

Colts RBs caught 84 passes last season...or 5+ per game. So about 1/4 of Luck's completions are going to RBs. I agree they should use the RBs more...but Luck did dump it off last year.

What the Colts really need is a more dynamic player catching the majority of those passes.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Christian is a better pass catcher than Kamara

That's probably true...but Kamara is not far behind. And I think Kamara is a better RB. 

I would be excited to have either one on the Colts. They are both dynamic. I just like Kamara a bit more...and I think he could actually be there in round 2 (I am not taking a RB in round 1).

44 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You seems to be a minority in your thinking that Fournette is the only 1st round grad for RBs.

What do you think?

To me all the others have one or more significant weaknesses that consign them to be a role player instead of a true 3-down back in the pro game. This is in no way or form to mean they will not be successful in the pros, I personally just think the value is not there.

I don't have a whole lot of criticisms of him other than I think he can cut back and juke too much sometimes.  You can't do as much of that against a good disciplined defense.  Looked over this 2015 game versus Notre Dame and I have to say they had him bottled up for the most part.  The Irish had a very good tackling team and they were disciplined.  They were laying some nice hits on

him and really shutting down those cut back lanes.  

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, shastamasta said:

Kamara is the better RB (and better fit) IMO...and Kamara is also a very talented pass catch. And most importantly, he might actually be there in round 2. 

Either Kamara, Mixon, or Williams who I want here. These people picking RBs in the first round make me sick.

On 3/29/2017 at 4:04 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Not liking this. . . He looks like a WR to me.  I just can't see him holding up through a full season of running between the tackles.

I'm afraid he'd be limited in role to a 3rd down back or he would be moved to slot receiver or something.  Not worth a first.

3rd down is a pretty important down, you convert those and usually your going to be doing pretty well...so saying he's a third down back to me means he's a pretty valuable guy.

1 hour ago, James Ducheteau said:

3rd down is a pretty important down, you convert those and usually your going to be doing pretty well...so saying he's a third down back to me means he's a pretty valuable guy.

The key to success on 3rd down is making decent gains on 1st and 2nd down.  

3rd down is not the most important down, it's just the last down you have to get the first down before you have to punt (usually).  If you can get a first down on 1st or 2nd down you are able to.  

When you spend a first round pick on a player they should almost always be able to play all 3 downs.  Guys who are rotational to play specific downs are to be had later in the draft.