Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Irvin accused of sexual assault

CR91

Yikes. That's a sad story all around. I don't know anything...obviously none of us do...but his past is hard to ignore. I just don't understand these guys. They have everything they could want but have to go out and find women. First off they have to know they are going to be a target for false allegations...second they have to realize that they can't put these women in that sort of situation. He is worth millions. He can afford to buy her own room and have the hotel check on her. To bring her back to his room even if nothing happens is just asking for trouble....and if he did things...well then he would deserve what he gets or probably even more. I fully just don't understand it...not only all that but I believe he is still married. SMH. Sad state...to have so much...career....family...etc and throw it all away.

I'll wait until the investigation is finalized before commenting on this situation, but I absolutely cannot stand Irvin.  I don't know how he still has a job with NFLN.  His unabashed Cowboys homerism is not only annoying, but it's become a source of comedy for the rest of the crew on NFLN.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

This is the 3rd time he's been accused of this by 3 different women at 3 different times. Crazy.

And one went to jail because she committed perjury after accusing him, the other had the charges dropped after he countersued and they had a confidential settlement similar to Peyton and his accuser (presumably throwing an insignificant amount to make the "problem" go away).

Not saying he didn't do what he's accused of this time but I'll wait before I say anything about this one.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not buying it. I'll wait until everything comes out. He hasn't been in trouble in years. Sounds odd to me that all of the sudden he would just do something out of the blue like this at this stage in his life with his family obligations, etc..

Hard to say honestly. But if your dumb enough as a married man worth millions to take a drunk woman back to your room whether it was consensual or not you are asking for trouble. He could have called her a cab or bought her own separate room yet he choose to spend the night with her. Not a smart move nor one my wife would be ok with but maybe his marriage is different from mine. Can't believe in this day an age these guys are stupid enough to take a stranger to a hotel room.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hard to say honestly. But if your dumb enough as a married man worth millions to take a drunk woman back to your room whether it was consensual or not you are asking for trouble. He could have called her a cab or bought her own separate room yet he choose to spend the night with her. Not a smart move nor one my wife would be ok with but maybe his marriage is different from mine. Can't believe in this day an age these guys are stupid enough to take a stranger to a hotel room.

Lol. I don't know any married woman who would be okay with that. Your wife is not alone there.

I agree with you. It is not like Irvin is a 20-year-old who is not aware of the potential consequences of taking a woman who is not his wife/significant other to his hotel room. He has been accused of sexual assault in the past. Why take that risk?

And for the woman... What does she expect to happen when she goes to his hotel room? Why go there? Smh.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I agree with your Post, if I was married that isn't something I would do either. Still not buying the sexual assault part though until I see proof. Like you said though he was dumb to even put himself in that situation.

I'm not 100% sure that Irvin is with the NFLN anymore....

Last week I saw him on a panel discussion on.................       ESPN.

Not sure what to read into that?     But I doubt he'd be on ESPN if he was still with NFLN.  

EDIT:     OK.....    just read the story more completely....    and apparently Irvin IS still with the NFLN.      They were asked to comment and they refused.    They could have said he's no longer with the network and didn't.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not 100% sure that Irvin is with the NFLN anymore....

Last week I saw him on a panel discussion on.................       ESPN.

Not sure what to read into that?     But I doubt he'd be on ESPN if he was still with NFLN.  

I thought that was odd too when he was on First Take.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have no clue as to what the truth is.

What I do know is Irvin has never been known for his ability to make common sense choices.

Cheating on your wife is bad enough in itself. You would think by now he would be over his partying stage, guess not. He seemed to me like a guy that had really matured. I don't think he's been in trouble or has done anything out of the ordinary since his playing days has he?

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cheating on your wife is bad enough in itself. You would think by now he would be over his partying stage, guess not. He seemed to me like a guy that had really matured. I don't think he's been in trouble or has done anything out of the ordinary since his playing days has he?

If you think about it having common sense is not something you mature into. haha

16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I don't know any married woman who would be okay with that. Your wife is not alone there.

I agree with you. It is not like Irvin is a 20-year-old who is not aware of the potential consequences of taking a woman who is not his wife/significant other to his hotel room. He has been accused of sexual assault in the past. Why take that risk?

And for the woman... What does she expect to happen when she goes to his hotel room? Why go there? Smh.

Yep its bad all the way around....and I'm not even going to assume anything happened...but at the very least he is ruining his marriage (which is HUGE) and the most he may spend years in jail and ruined some girls life. These situations I am pretty suspect about however because these men are targets just as easily as the women. To be dumb enough to put yourself at risk....at the age of 50!! I mean that's just not very smart. Like you said he wasn't a dumb kid...a grown man that should know better and being married for so long...to hurt your wife like that....I can't imagine what goes through his head. I'm not blind that there is temptation in this world...we all are tempted at one time or another but it seriously had never crossed my mind to act...maybe I'm just smart enough to realize that I'm extremely lucky my wife chose to be with me and no woman is worth giving that up but man we see this stuff every day it seems. You put yourself in a place like a bar etc and drinking with the opposite sex...just waiting for something to go wrong....which is why I don't go to places like that or in a social setting I'm very careful to not drink.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep its bad all the way around....and I'm not even going to assume anything happened...but at the very least he is ruining his marriage (which is HUGE) and the most he may spend years in jail and ruined some girls life. These situations I am pretty suspect about however because these men are targets just as easily as the women. To be dumb enough to put yourself at risk....at the age of 50!! I mean that's just not very smart. Like you said he wasn't a dumb kid...a grown man that should know better and being married for so long...to hurt your wife like that....I can't imagine what goes through his head. I'm not blind that there is temptation in this world...we all are tempted at one time or another but it seriously had never crossed my mind to act...maybe I'm just smart enough to realize that I'm extremely lucky my wife chose to be with me and no woman is worth giving that up but man we see this stuff every day it seems. You put yourself in a place like a bar etc and drinking with the opposite sex...just waiting for something to go wrong....which is why I don't go to places like that or in a social setting I'm very careful to not drink.

The bottom line is Irvin lacks common sense.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes I agree but Irvin just putting himself in that situation looks bad for him. It's not the first time he put himself in a compromising position and he didn't learn from his past mistake.

Allegedly put him self in that situation

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He hasn't made a statement from my understanding

And he probably won't... I am just saying he was there and so was the gal so whether anything negative happened or not is the nature of the investigation.  Had he not been there, he would not be in an investigation... thats all I meant.  It could be that he was trying to help her... I doubt it, but it could be.  Most certainly though he "put himself in the situation" one way or another