Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

33rd Year Anniversary

TKnight24

I have been one of the more vocal critics of the franchise in the last few years.  I've been critical of Grigson, Pagano, the players, and even Irsay.  But when you step back and look at the big picture, the Colts are a franchise to be proud of.  From the tons of charity work the players do, and how much the Irsay family contributes to the community, to the on-field success, to the 2006 championship.  We've had our characters, and we've had our nerd/geek/awkward franchise quarterbacks.  The Colts have managed to be relatively scandal-free and have been led by some great people.  On field success, strong community involvement, and a very active online forum that connects fans from all over the world.  Proud to be a Colts fan!

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I have been one of the more vocal critics of the franchise in the last few years.  I've been critical of Grigson, Pagano, the players, and even Irsay.  But when you step back and look at the big picture, the Colts are a franchise to be proud of.  From the tons of charity work the players do, and how much the Irsay family contributes to the community, to the on-field success, to the 2006 championship.  We've had our characters, and we've had our nerd/geek/awkward franchise quarterbacks.  The Colts have managed to be relatively scandal-free and have been led by some great people.  On field success, strong community involvement, and a very active online forum that connects fans from all over the world.  Proud to be a Colts fan!

Well said. 

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

On March 29, 1984  one fan base groaned and died while another cheered

I admit to actually crying when the official news broke about the move.  Yet I am proud to say I remained and remain a Colts fan. :)

It's amazing that they bring this up every year. The Colts are essentially forced to embrace this anniversary every March because sports media bellyaches about it every chance they get, especially with the recent relocations.

The Colts' owner did what he thought he had to do to keep control of his team. I don't think he should be faulted for it. I get Baltimore fans being salty about it (including those like rockywoj who stayed a Colts fan). For everyone else who does all this nonsensical complaining about how 'the Colts snuck out in the middle of the night,' I say put a sock in it.

The Colts have been good to Indy, and Indy has been good to the Colts. All these years later, that's what's most important.

I remember the move to Indy like it was yesterday. I was 18 and a Cowboys fan (only because they were on national TV EVERY week)  My mother went to LS Ayers and got me a Indianapolis Colts shirt. She has been gone 24 years and it one of many fond memories I have of my mother. Forever linked to the Colts. Thanks Mom.

13 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I remember the move to Indy like it was yesterday. I was 18 and a Cowboys fan (only because they were on national TV EVERY week)  My mother went to LS Ayers and got me a Indianapolis Colts shirt. She has been gone 24 years and it one of many fond memories I have of my mother. Forever linked to the Colts. Thanks Mom.

Great post! :)

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, 21isSuperman said:

In our 33 seasons here (1984-2016), we have been to 5 AFC Title Games - 1995, 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2014 and have done it with 3 different QB's = Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck. We have been to 2 SuperBowl's - 2006 and 2009 and won a World Championship in 2006 with Peyton. We also are 1 of 2 teams in NFL history to win 12 or more Regular Season games 7 seasons in a row = 2003-2009The current Patriots have just accomplished that with Brady from 2010-2016, 49ers didn't even do that during their run from 1981-1994 and they had Montana and Young. We have had players like Eric Dickerson, Jim Harbaugh, Marshall Faulk - pre Peyton, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edge James, Jeff Saturday, Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Bob Sanders, Gary Brackett, and now Andrew Luck and Adam Vinatieri to grace our presence. We have had one hell of a 33 years and most importantly did win a SuperBowl which a lot of teams haven't. Yes, proud to be a Colts fan no matter what the future holds. I have seen tons of GREAT Football in my lifetime! Being a fan since 1984 I have seen it all here in Indy.

I love watching Parks and Rec bc it makes me think of all you lucky folk living in Indy. Colts have been great to Indy and vice versa. I love Indy when I visited and we are going to go every year. I'm waiting on the preseason schedule to come out before picking a bachelor party weekend to show my buddies what Indy is about. Most would rather go to Austin or Nashville but I love Indy.

The Colts have been the center piece of the total revamping of the downtown area. 30 plus years ago downtown Indy was not a place you wanted to be after dark. The list is too long even to get into but we now have a very beautiful downtown that is vibrant and alive with people.

Mayor Hudnut took a gamble with no NFL team and built the Hoosier Dome and it paid off big time.

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Colts have been the center piece of the total revamping of the downtown area. 30 plus years ago downtown Indy was not a place you wanted to be after dark. The list is too long even to get into but we now have a very beautiful downtown that is vibrant and alive with people.

Mayor Hudnut took a gamble with no NFL team and built the Hoosier Dome and it paid off big time.

I love downtown Indy. Stayed at the Sheraton which was very close to the airport and downtown. Had breakfast at Jack's for a huge donut one morning, cafe patochou, first watch. Went to Yard House, Primanti Bros, St. Elmo's, Colts Grille, and Tastings (ran into Brian Fletcher there). We went out to Howl at the Moon one night which was very fun as well and also a winery outside of downtown.

Any other places I should go to if I go there for my bachelor party?

17 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

So 

They have played more games in Indy than Baltimore?

The Colts were in Baltimore from 1953 till 1983.

Indy from 1984 till present. With the expansion of games in a season they have played quite a few more games in Indy.

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

I love downtown Indy. Stayed at the Sheraton which was very close to the airport and downtown. Had breakfast at Jack's for a huge donut one morning, cafe patochou, first watch. Went to Yard House, Primanti Bros, St. Elmo's, Colts Grille, and Tastings (ran into Brian Fletcher there). We went out to Howl at the Moon one night which was very fun as well and also a winery outside of downtown.

For years I used to always pick 2 home games a season and go to the game then eat at St Elmos after words. I used to make a whole a day out of it. I always had a designated driver so be evenings end I was feeling pretty good.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For years I used to always pick 2 home games a season and go to the game then eat at St Elmos after words. I used to make a whole a day out of it. I always had a designated driver so be evenings end I was feeling pretty good.

My fiancé and I did this after the reunion game this year, was amazing. We were staying in downtown so we walked everywhere. Had the makers and cola w the cherries at St elmos and loved it.

3 hours ago, bababooey said:

The Red Garter is perfect for bachelor parties, no??

6 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Made me think about my momma. It's been 4 years now.

She was raised in Baltimore.

I MISS HER.