Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jarrad Davis - LB (Florida)

Wow, sure fire first rounder now. I loved this kids tape from 2 years ago. I have been on the Hasson Reddick train but this kid has similar measurables plus actual experience playing ILB in the SEC. I would not mind a slight trade down and getting Davis in the first one bit.

3 hours ago, ar1888 said:

Good player when he is healthy. Does a great job vs the passing game. But has had trouble staying on the field.

That's the rub.  They were a different defense when he played healthy.  But they were run over like a buffalo stampede in some games.

Gimme Raekwon!

lmao ....Man......You guys are trippin saying you'd take him over Reddick and Foster. AKA 2 future all pro's IMO. Davis is a beast. I mean a stud, but he's not worth 15th. He's a late 1st rounder IMO. I'd take him over anybody other than those 2, but.....We gotta take an EDGE rusher in RD1, and my guy is Takk now. An ILB always falls to the early-mid 2nd. Cunningham may be there. Then Anzalone, McMillon, Walker, even Beckwith (if we have a star coverage backer oppo of him Cunningham, Anzalone, Walker, etc) and a few more. Lee or Harris could be a 4-5 round sleeper/steal. Harris is exactly what draft tracker says. Chris Borland 2,0......JRM could be another steal. But give me Anzalone in the 4th. He's going to be a star if he's healthy. As is Reeves Maybin IMO. We could come out with our 2 starting ILB's for the next 8 years in this one. A lot of high upside guys, or guys who will fall due to medicals. Ton of possibilities, and as far as ILB's. I think they'll be a lot of sleepers in this one, and guys like Anzalone and JRM who'll fall due to injuries. Its like a secretly deep ILB class. JRM may be Deion Jones 2,0 but available in the 4-6 range. There's 5-6 guys I really like.

Cunningham in RD2, Anzalone in RD4, and Reeves Maybin in RD5 would be solid. Create some serious competition for the 2 starting spots. It'd give us like 6 ILB's so cut Morrison, he's never gonna amount to nothing but a hard hitting special teamer IMO. You guys know I love the violent hitters, but I'd take 3 HIGH upside rookies instead.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

lmao ....Man......You guys are trippin saying you'd take him over Reddick and Foster. 

Whoa! Slow that horse down, brother.

130424_2641697_Classic_Episode__Dave_Cha

I doubt very many people have drunk enough tonight to say anything like that.

Let's not get ahead of the people, who "may or may not be" getting ahead of themselves. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

Whoa! Slow that horse down, brother.

130424_2641697_Classic_Episode__Dave_Cha

I doubt very many people have drunk enough tonight to say anything like that.

Let's not get ahead of the people, who "may or may not be" getting ahead of themselves. 

I said it. He has everything that Foster and Reddick has but comes without the knocks against each of them. Tested at the same level athletically as Reddick did too, so he's a freak athlete as well.

2 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Beast! Like what most have said in this thread. Reddick/Foster or trade back for Davis/McMillan. 

I'm on this train. Reddick is still my top guy, but if him and Foster are gone at 15 (and no other must-have guys are there), I'm definitely for trading down a bit and grabbing one of those guys.

Man that's crazy fast...these LBs are faster than many corners. I think Ballard has to thank his lucky stars this is his first draft. He could very possibly draft 2 or 3 all pros in the first few rounds and make him look like a stud. I think this is the very reason he didn't feel like overpaying for talent in FA. He knows there is so much potential in this draft that its like throwing money away. I like that they are considering moving back in the draft. If the right guys aren't there at 15 we can move 5 or 6 picks back and still get a great athlete and pick up another 3rd. The way this draft is looking we might end up with a couple line backers and a couple corners in the same draft....and maybe all contributors. Then add a RB and someone in the trenches on either side and I'm thrilled!

That might elevate his draft grade some. ranked #37  as a solid round 2 draft choice before the pro day -

37. IB–JARRAD DAVIS–FLORIDA
Fast, can really run and he’s rangy. He’s got great leadership intangibles. Now he’s often-injured, too. The 6-foot-1, 238-pound Davis is a Bobby Wagner remake.
Like Wagner, Davis is an elite athlete but is undersized for an inside linebacker. Davis has everything needed to be a pro bowl linebacker. He will need to improved his tackling and patience against the run but he all the physical gifts for today’s game.
He covers ground like Wright and Thomas Davis, can flip his hips into coverage and finish in pursuit. He will have to take better routes to the ball and learn to keep himself clean against blocks. I see him as an early starter as a 4-3 outside backer. I see him having similar impact in his rookie year as Deion Jones last year for the Falcons.
He was bothered with a badly sprained ankle for much of this past season and affected his Combine participation. Florida LB coach Randy Shannon says senior OLB Jarrad Davis has the competitiveness of Jon Vilma, the athleticism of Jon Beason and the football I.Q. of Ray Lewis.
Shannon was on the U.Miami staff when all three played for the “Canes.
While LB Antonio Morrison drew most of the attention the last few years, Davis simply outplayed him in all phases. He can attack downhill and as a blitzer. In only 49 rushes last year, Davis notched four sacks, seven QB hits and 11 hurries. In coverage, his +7.9 grade ranked No. 10 in the nation. He was dominant in 2015 film as well. While he is an edge outside linebacker, Davis is a guy who can make plays all over the field, dropping into coverage and attacking the backfield.