Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Key additions in Later Rounds

Historically speaking across the SB teams, the later rounds will determine the success of your draft.  I believe that is when we get our Pass Rusher, Defensive Back and Running back.  This will definitely tell you alot about Ballard as a GM.

My guess is that he will not trade out of his 1st round pick, if his top defensive player is on the board. He will not reach with the first round pick if he can get more 2 or 3 round picks.

Last and very important..... Colts have to be VERY LUCKY because Irsay is correct that the draft comes to you and not the other way. Irsay should know, he has been in a lot of them....picking some real losers (Art SchlisterJeff George) and big winners (Peyton/Andrew/Marvin)

I agree with Pass Rush, CB and RB....don't forget ILB. 

I think it'll be OLB or ILB in the 1st round, a CB in 2nd round, and RB will be one of the couple 4th rounders we have. I'm leaving the 3rd round as a surprise....and because idk. lol

I also don't think Ballard will trade down in the first round. I alos think most teams will be trying to do the same thing since this draft is so deep. 

Pagano said it's "paramount" that we get a young runner.   Don't be surprised if we take Cook at 1.  We haven't had much luck with RBs in the later rounds or as FAs.

As far as trading down, yeah that's the ticket - but you have to find a partner.  It seems like everyone wants to trade down to get more picks.

31 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Pagano said it's "paramount" that we get a young runner.   Don't be surprised if we take Cook at 1.  We haven't had much luck with RBs in the later rounds or as FAs.

As far as trading down, yeah that's the ticket - but you have to find a partner.  It seems like everyone wants to trade down to get more picks.

KCnX9feJ_normal.jpg Stephen Holder

@HolderStephen

I might have mischaracterized Irsay in an earlier tweet. He mentioned RBs repeatedly. But he did throw in "later draft pick" later on.

Just doing my due diligence

1 hour ago, throwingbbzz said:

Sounds like a 4th rd pick. Good idea.

I hope we are targeting Samaje Perine in the 3rd or 4th round.

He reminds me of a "bigger" yet younger version of Frank Gore. Awesome to watch defenders bounce off of him. He flat out runs people over.

Sounds like a 4th rd pick. Good idea.

I hope we are targeting Samaje Perine in the 3rd or 4th round.

He reminds me of a "bigger" yet younger version of Frank Gore. Awesome to watch defenders bounce off of him. He flat out runs people over.

That's the first tape I've seen of him and I am for taking him in the second possibly.