Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Are On The Clock at #15 - Your First Ever Pick As A GM

You have patiently waited, and it is time to make a decision. The draft has fallen as such:

OVR TEAM FULL NAME PS COLLEGE
1 Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett LB Texas A&M
2 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas LB Stanford
3 Chicago Bears Jamal Adams DB LSU
4 Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette RB LSU
5 Tennessee Titans Marshon Lattimore DB Ohio St.
6 New York Jets Dalvin Cook RB Florida St.
7 Los Angeles Chargers Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
8 Carolina Panthers Derek Barnett LB Tennessee
9 Cincinnati Bengals Reuben Foster LB Alabama
10 Buffalo Bills O.J. Howard TE Alabama
11 New Orleans Saints Taco Charlton DL Michigan
12 Cleveland Browns Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
13 Arizona Cardinals Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
14 Philadelphia Eagles Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

The Colts are on the Clock. In this mock draft, one of the biggest shockers so far is how Malik Hooker's injury/surgery has caused him to fall. 

Some of the top players available are:

Malik Hooker DB Ohio St.
Mike Williams WR Clemson
David Njoku TE Miami
John Ross WR Washington
Ryan Ramczyk OL Wisconsin
Tre'Davious White DB LSU
Deshaun Watson QB Clemson
Haason Reddick LB Temple
Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
Garett Bolles OL Utah
Takkarist McKinley DL UCLA
Forrest Lamp OL Western Kentucky
Charles Harris DL Missouri
Jabrill Peppers DB Michigan
Teez Tabor DB Florida
Tim Williams LB Alabama
Budda Baker DB Washington
Marlon Humphrey DB Alabama
Cam Robinson OL Alabama
Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee
Gareon Conley DB Ohio St.
DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame
Quincy Wilson DB Florida
Jarrad Davis LB Florida
Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt
Evan Engram TE Mississippi
Sidney Jones DB Washington
T.J. Watt LB Wisconsin

My choice is Haason Reddick, LB, Temple. 

What says you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

You have patiently waited, and it is time to make a decision. The draft has fallen as such:

OVR TEAM FULL NAME PS COLLEGE
1 Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett LB Texas A&M
2 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas LB Stanford
3 Chicago Bears Jamal Adams DB LSU
4 Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette RB LSU
5 Tennessee Titans Marshon Lattimore DB Ohio St.
6 New York Jets Dalvin Cook RB Florida St.
7 Los Angeles Chargers Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
8 Carolina Panthers Derek Barnett LB Tennessee
9 Cincinnati Bengals Reuben Foster LB Alabama
10 Buffalo Bills O.J. Howard TE Alabama
11 New Orleans Saints Taco Charlton DL Michigan
12 Cleveland Browns Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
13 Arizona Cardinals Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
14 Philadelphia Eagles Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

The Colts are on the Clock. In this mock draft, one of the biggest shockers so far is how Malik Hooker's injury/surgery has caused him to fall. 

Some of the top players available are:

Malik Hooker DB Ohio St.
Mike Williams WR Clemson
David Njoku TE Miami
John Ross WR Washington
Ryan Ramczyk OL Wisconsin
Tre'Davious White DB LSU
Deshaun Watson QB Clemson
Haason Reddick LB Temple
Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
Garett Bolles OL Utah
Takkarist McKinley DL UCLA
Forrest Lamp OL Western Kentucky
Charles Harris DL Missouri
Jabrill Peppers DB Michigan
Teez Tabor DB Florida
Tim Williams LB Alabama
Budda Baker DB Washington
Marlon Humphrey DB Alabama
Cam Robinson OL Alabama
Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee
Gareon Conley DB Ohio St.
DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame
Quincy Wilson DB Florida
Jarrad Davis LB Florida
Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt
Evan Engram TE Mississippi
Sidney Jones DB Washington
T.J. Watt LB Wisconsin

My choice is Haason Reddick, LB, Temple. 

What says you?

I think the chances of Hooker being available at 15 are right around ZERO.

So, if he's there,  I'm taking him.    Easily the best player on the board.     Heck, he's a top-5 player on my board, so yes,  I'm taking him at 15.

Otherwise,  it's Reddick, and if he's gone,  it's Lamp,  and if he's gone it's McKinley.

So, I've given you my top-4 in THIS scenario.....

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, if he's there,  I'm taking him.    Easily the best player on the board.     Heck, he's a top-5 player on my board, so yes,  I'm taking him at 15.

Otherwise,  it's Reddick, and if he's gone,  it's Lamp,  and if he's gone it's McKinley.

Don't be so sure about Malik going in the top 5. Players fall EVERY year. If GM's are feeling conservative or targeting other players then anything is possible. Remember Aaron Rodgers falling to #24? How about Randy Moss falling to #21.

I am not saying Malik will fall, as this was only an exercise to get us thinking outside the box, but anything can happen. 

I would be okay with Lamp, but want absolutely nothing to do with Takkarist McKinley. 

For what it is worth; I believe that Reddick is our pick, and I have thought so since the combine. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Don't be so sure about Malik going in the top 5. Players fall EVERY year. If GM's are feeling conservative or targeting other players then anything is possible. Remember Aaron Rodgers falling to #24? How about Randy Moss falling to #21.

I am not saying Malik will fall, as this was only an exercise to get us thinking outside the box, but anything can happen. 

I would be okay with Lamp, but want absolutely nothing to do with Takkarist McKinley. 

For what it is worth; I believe that Reddick is our pick, and I have thought so since the combine. 

We agree....

To be clear,  I think it's easily possible,  even probably that Hooker falls out of the top-5.     I just don't think he'll fall all the way to 15.       Honestly,   I don't see him getting past the top-10 to 12.      15 seems impossible to me.

But if our pick turns out to be Reddick,  I'll be thrilled.

The one thing that discourages me about this,  is that Spence plays the WILL.     He's not a MIKE.

And Reddick would play our WILL as well.     Would Ballard pass on Reddick because he signed Spence?     I don't think so......   but, without having a good feel yet for Ballard,  it does give me a bit of.....  pause.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We agree....

To be clear,  I think it's easily possible,  even probably that Hooker falls out of the top-5.     I just don't think he'll fall all the way to 15.       Honestly,   I don't see him getting past the top-10 to 12.      15 seems impossible to me.

But if our pick turns out to be Reddick,  I'll be thrilled.

The one thing that discourages me about this,  is that Spence plays the WILL.     He's not a MIKE.

And Reddick would play our WILL as well.     Would Ballard pass on Reddick because he signed Spence?     I don't think so......   but, without having a good feel yet for Ballard,  it does give me a bit of.....  pause.

I think it would clearly be Reddick at WILL and Morrison at MIKE, and I would be very happy about that. 

Morrison is a damn good football player. I am baffled as to why so many people on this board cannot see it. 

55 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bingo. Only thing I may do different is go Harris instead of McKinley after Lamp, but a small difference.

Hooker is the BPA, and the obvious choice here. I'm going with him 99 times out of 100 if he falls to us (the 1% being if a player like Lattimore or Solomon Thomas falls 1 time out of 100). Reddick actually might be the choice Ballard would go though (if anyone was wondering). Gotta fill that big hole in the linebacking corps. Reddick would do it.

As a GM, sitting there with my guy on the Board, H. Reddick, I'm ready to turn in my card to have a potential Pro Bowl Defender for years... But I know I've got to make the Best choice for whatever situation is presented.

Having to do my due diligence, and with M. Hooker, both WRs WIlliams and Ross, Njoku, and Watson still available, I'm thinking I can MAXIMIZE my leveraged situation and move back a few picks to still get my guy or take one of two CBs Conley or Wilson later in the 1st, while acquiring more players in this Deep Class!

I go for the Trade! Take the risk because the rewards far outweigh the risk AND I have Sheard & Simon too.

-Best Case: I get an extra pick + Draft H. Reddick

-Worst Case:( Reddick is picked so) I take a Top CB and then get an EDGE/ NT in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, it's YOUR very first pick as a GM, so it depends on who you have ranked higher! :) 

Fair point.

I'd probably take Humphrey since corner is the bigger need.

I like Hooker and Reddick a lot but we at least have players that can play those positions. Right now we have maybe 3 corners on the roster. Only 1 that I'm comfortable starting.

2 hours ago, BlueTruth said:

As a GM, sitting there with my guy on the Board, H. Reddick, I'm ready to turn in my card to have a potential Pro Bowl Defender for years... But I know I've got to make the Best choice for whatever situation is presented.

Having to do my due diligence, and with M. Hooker, both WRs WIlliams and Ross, Njoku, and Watson still available, I'm thinking I can MAXIMIZE my leveraged situation and move back a few picks to still get my guy or take one of two CBs Conley or Wilson later in the 1st, while acquiring more players in this Deep Class!

I go for the Trade! Take the risk because the rewards far outweigh the risk AND I have Sheard & Simon too.

-Best Case: I get an extra pick + Draft H. Reddick

-Worst Case:( Reddick is picked so) I take a Top CB and then get an EDGE/ NT in the 2nd.

I like this thought.  I would trade back to the early to mid-20's in hopes someone sees Riddick or a WR as a priority.  I would then sign either the top CB (maybe Tre White) or Charles Harris if he is still there.  Then utilize your two second rounders for another LB and D-line guy.  Third round get another CB and be stocked.

If I thought Mike Williams would be the next Reggie Wayne, I'd pick him.  Supposedly, his skills are described similarly to Wayne's...a polished route runner with a large catch radius, which is needed for a not-so-accurate QB like Luck.

Ryan Kelly shows us the value of taking a risk-free pick...so a pass rusher like McKinley or a LB learning a new position like Reddick is out of the question.

I pick Humphrey.

I prefer Awuzie later in round 1, so trading down about 5 to 8 spots is my first preference. 

29 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Trick question - If Hooker is still on the board, then 13 teams figured out that there must be something wrong with him.  So we pass.

I'd hire Kevin Costner to work out a trade for our pick.

Now you're thinking like a GM! Also, nice DraftDay reference!

My War Room discussion would be between Hooker, Humphrey, Reddick, and trading down.  In the end, I'd take Hooker as the BPA. I could still pick up a good CB in the 2nd, and Hooker's presence would eventually enable Geathers to line up more often in an ILB role.  BTW, I predict Hooker will be available at 15.

8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Malik Hooker no doubt.

only played 1 year at DB, surgery and described as very raw,i'd say we keep passing on him.

I'm gonna go Reddick or Humphrey, with more lean toward Humphrey.  He's got the raw talent and instincts and if Pagano is truly the CB whisper he's made out to be, could very well turn him into something great.  

Marlon Humphrey would be my pick. We need a shutdown CB to pair with Davis. A talent like Humphrey who can play press man, off man effectively and has the speed to recover downfield shouldn't be passed up if we want to improve the 27th ranked pass defense. Hooker has injury concerns, too risky to draft.  

Someone please explain to me why Hooker is rated so highly?  I just dont get it, seems like another TJ Green type pick in the sense that  he's only started 1 year and is raw, 1 year wonder, described as raw and now he has injury issues.

I am not sold on Humphrey like others are.  I would not want him at 15 because I think he is another product of Bama Defense.  I am not saying he will be Dee Millner but I see some similarity.  

Here is a scout perspective: "There are some things on tape that really worry you. If he has trouble playing the long ball it is going to be bombs away against him and his team might have to change how they cover because of that. Those issues usually don't go away." -- Scouting director for AFC team

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Someone please explain to me why Hooker is rated so highly?  I just dont get it, seems like another TJ Green type pick in the sense that  he's only started 1 year and is raw, 1 year wonder, described as raw and now he has injury issues.

hookers strengths are his instincts and ball skills.  polar opposite of green

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Erm he had 7 picks with 3 of those being returned for TDs

Absolutely nothing comparable between him and green.

57 minutes ago, csmopar said:

only played 1 year at DB, surgery and described as very raw,i'd say we keep passing on him.

I'm gonna go Reddick or Humphrey, with more lean toward Humphrey.  He's got the raw talent and instincts and if Pagano is truly the CB whisper he's made out to be, could very well turn him into something great.  

That's my concern with all three players, that they have some risks that hold them back relative to their outstanding athleticism...not unlike TJ Green...but unlike Ryan Kelly.

My favorite CB is Chudigbo (sp) Awuzie.  He's a 4 year starter as a press man corner and has all of the physical traits needed.  15 is probably too high but he'll be gone by 40 so trading down is my preference.  If I couldn't trade down, I would not be upset at picking him 15.  

Its just the value thing is making me lean towards Humphrey at 15.

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's my concern with all three players, that they have some risks that hold them back relative to their outstanding athleticism...not unlike TJ Green...but unlike Ryan Kelly.

My favorite CB is Chudigbo (sp) Awuzie.  He's a 4 year starter as a press man corner and has all of the physical traits needed.  15 is probably too high but he'll be gone by 40 so trading down is my preference.  If I couldn't trade down, I would not be upset at picking him 15.  

Its just the value thing is making me lean towards Humphrey at 15.

The more I study him, the more I like him.  What do you know about his CB teammate?  He will probably be available later and he has the size.  He probably had more passes go his way since they'd stay away from Awuzie?

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The more I study him, the more I like him.  What do you know about his CB teammate?  He will probably be available later and he has the size.  He probably had more passes go his way since they'd stay away from Awuzie?

Not much.  I haven't looked at him, but read where he is draftable.