Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your top 5 QB list

RockThatBlue

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Rivers is one of my favorite QBs all time. I have liked him since he was at NC State. Too bad he never won a Super Bowl; that could keep.him out of the Hall of Fame. I think Rivers is a better QB than Eli but Eli has the rings. Eli may win another one -- Giant are looking good for next year.

I've never liked Rivers, but I cannot deny that he is a talented QB.  If we are just going off of last season to determine who is the better QB right now, then there is no question that Rivers is better than Eli.  Eli wasn't just on a bad team last season.  His poor play at QB was a big part of why the Giants lost games last season.  He was a liability.  If we are talking about who was better over their career, then that is a more difficult argument to make.  I don't think there is a clear right answer to that one.  That is not to say that Eli cannot bounce back this season.  He has gone through stretches in the past where he was mediocre to slightly above average and then bounced back to play really well.  He wasn't even mediocre last season, though.  He was just flat out bad.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees are the easies and absolute locks.. the last two spots are tougher. I guess I'd have Ryan and Luck there. Wilson has a good case too.

Big Ben dropped off last year. Got propped up by great supporting cast. Decision-making and accuracy has declined.

Don't think Carr is there yet.

22 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I want to see how good Wilson will do when he has years where his defense isn't elite. If he still does well, he can probably be put in my top 5. But hes not there yet for me.

Without Lynch that team doesn't look near the same either. Not to dis Wilson but Lynch was the best Offensive player on both their SB teams. Wilson now has to do more and has failed 2 years in a row in the Playoffs. I would honestly be surprised if they make it back to a SB with the current core they have. Their Defense is getting a tad worse each season now too. Wilson got drafted in the perfect situation, to a team that had a Defense ready to dominate and had a RB like Lynch waiting to unleash Beastmode. If you look at both seasons the Seahawks made the SB, Wilson had some terrible games in those Playoffs but they were able to win because of their Defense and Lynch. He stunk it up vs GB in 2014 with 5 INT's and that team still won + it took a lucky SPTeams play to pull that out for Seattle. Against the Broncos in the SB, he didn't even have to do anything as their Defense won that game single handedly bullying Peyton's Offense.

On 3/26/2017 at 1:54 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

oh my bad. well in that case...

1. Aron Rogers

2. Russell Wilson 

3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady

5. Andrew Luck

So you remove a guy from your list then insert another guy who was not on the list at #2?  LOL!

Here's the list...

1.) Tom Brady

2.) Matt Ryan

3.) Derek Carr

4.) Aaron Rodgers

5.) Big Ben

TB12 earned his pay in the third third of the SB.  Ryan got his team there, was the MVP, and played a pretty good first two thirds of the SB.  Derek Carr is the real deal.  Rodgers pooped his pants again in the big game.  He can throw the ball, but cannot lead a team.  Big Ben is on the list for sentimental reasons.  Time for Ben to retire, but I still love the guy.

On 3/26/2017 at 2:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do think Carr beats the Texans but he would've been blown out vs the Pats in Foxboro just like Andrew was and Big Ben was. Carr has the 2nd best O.line in Football only behind Dallas IMO too. That helps when you have all day to throw. Ryan is going to get huge praise now but so did Cam last season and look at the putrid season Cam had. Ryan is inconsistent from year to year, we beat them in Atlanta with Hass at QB in 2015. I would almost bet my house on the Falcons not winning the NFC again this upcoming season. I said the same thing about the Panthers last season and they didn't even come close.

My thoughts exactly.  And you can throw Wilson in that category too... he has had the benefit of a good line for at least the first three years of his career.

A good line slows the game down and allows the QB to be able to read what is happening as it happens vs running for your life and trying to make something happen as AL has had to do.  It allows plays to develop as they were intended to so more receivers come open creating opportunity.

Plus there is something to be said for playing without fear, in other words with confidence that you will be protected.

Luck is the bizzaro Brady. The team sucks so bad and he's clearly not the problem even though he sucks in the end with his team. Brady's team is immaculate and he's clearly not the reason even though he wins in the end with his team. I'd take Luck right now over anybody but I don't have the guts to put it on a list lol! The only guy I might put above Luck is this Aaron Rodgers lookalike who has been winning big games for the Packers for the last 2 years.

The amount of Big Ben I see is surprising.  I like the guy, he's a good QB most of the time, but him, Eli, Rivers will always share the same spot imo. 

1 Brady...duh

2 Rodgers...duh

3 Brees....total stat padder, but still a great qb

4 Ryan...won't stay here, but just won the MVP, he's kinda gotta be here.

5 Carr...been pretty darn good for the last 2yrs

HM: Ben(always hurt goes 500/5 1 game then 3weeks of 180/1/2), Cam gotta stay healthy, Luck gotta stay healthy, Wilson/Stafford but I'm still not sure what those 2 are