Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard open minded with character concerns

Luck 4 president

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Na man. I know you're being a little smart, but I look at things in a much more radicle way than others. Guess its because I know about how society really is. I mean look at college sports. Slightly off topic, but still same point. I mean Ha-Ha-Ha......Ask about Mrs Dixie at WKU. Ask about what she does LOLOLOL. Yeah... Ever wonder about how these college athletes dress so nice, have 10 grand plus ink, drive nice cars, etc.....And I mean LOL. How funny. But does anyone.....ANYONE actually believe Louisville Basketball is the only program to use hookers??? lmao ....Yeah...That's funny. Maybe not sissy schools like Duke. But probably 60% of teams do similar activity.

You are all over the map lol

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

@braveheartcolt@NewColtsFan, @egg@buccolts@ColtsUrUs@TKnight24 giving me hell. I guess you guys are just into all the new age politically correctness nonsense. IDK. But my post was not in ANY way bigotry or anything of the sort. I just know how things REALLY are. People think the world is what they wanna believe it is... But they have no idea. I know people who know people in the NFL. I've heard  TONS of stuff from a very honest and reliable source.....Non other than a good friend of a former assistant coach under Harbaugh at Stanford. Not only that, but also my brother has an employee who use to work for an NFL team. Not sure what he did without calling bro, but trust me.

First up... I'm the most open minded dude you'll ever meet. This may be off topic. Deny it if you want, but we ALL evolved from dark skinned people. AKA the first people on earth were dark skinned. Fact. I'm just not in this political correctness bull. I mean its a fact. Several of my boys/buddies are black dudes. The comments my post received are just dumb, new age people, who's trying to be all politically correct. lmao.....I say ___ that. I'm me. But it is a FACT...I'm politically incorrect LOL....A lot of players come from bad cities. AKA Getos. That a bad word now? I sure didn't know that was a new age bad word til now. And a lot of those players are the guys you want. AKA bad boys. Guys straight outta Compton, etc. among SEVERAL other places similar. It is a simple fact.

2nd. Unless its a Luke Kuechly, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, etc, (a few more I don't feel like naming) I DO NOT really want many white players on our team LOL. I'm me. I'm real. I'm from Ky. and I'll spit out my opinions that's actually mostly right, people just don't wanna admit it....Everybody's just so damn sensitive nowadays. But what I said is correct. How many white skill positions players you see who are studs or really good??? A handful??? A few TE's, a handful of WR's, (not many ane any good, maybe 5-6-7?? LOL),  And a few LB's. Again not many good ones. How many good white boy corners are in the league? HAHAHA. Yep. RB's??? Nope. lmao....But the worlds nothing like when I grew up 9-10 years ago. The world's going soft, the NFL is trying to make the league sissified just like the rest of the world is heading, or already at.

I will start by saying that I decided not to say anything after the first comment because people can say things out of context or in ways they dont necessarily intend. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in this case, and after seeing you double down on your ignorant statement, I was clearly wrong to do so. 

So lets recap what you have here. You are "open minded", everyone was dark skinned at one point, you have black friends, people are too PC, Im from KY, I know better than everyone and I am "just being real". Yup that is every standard "im not a racist" excuse in the book.

Also you would really help you case if you knew how to spell "ghetto". Doesn't get more ignorant that not even knowing how to spell the words that you are you are using to offend people. 

Cut your losses before you lose what little credibility you have left, buddy. I get that you are young, and a dumb jock (you words, not mine), but you arent making any friends by doubling down on ignorant comments. Most of us are here to have civil, knowledgeable discussions and debates about our favorite team. You just seem to enjoy spouting off nonsense with no logic, facts or anything of substance. It was getting old before, but this level of ignorance is taking it to another level. You are very close to being the first person that I ignore on this forum, and I am sure I wont be the only person who has done so. I feel that if you continue this path, it wont be long before your posts are falling on deaf ears. 

5 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Unless its a Luke Kuechly, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, etc, (a few more I don't feel like naming) I DO NOT really want many white players on our team LOL. I'm me. I'm real. I'm from Ky. and I'll spit out my opinions that's actually mostly right, people just don't wanna admit it....

Tell that to Bill Belichick 

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.122f8b6bc1f79535c8b75daccacf7186.JPG

5 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Na man. I know you're being a little smart, but I look at things in a much more radicle way than others. Guess its because I know about how society really is. I mean look at college sports. Slightly off topic, but still same point. I mean Ha-Ha-Ha......Ask about Mrs Dixie at WKU. Ask about what she does LOLOLOL. Yeah... Ever wonder about how these college athletes dress so nice, have 10 grand plus ink, drive nice cars, etc.....And I mean LOL. How funny. But does anyone.....ANYONE actually believe Louisville Basketball is the only program to use hookers??? lmao ....Yeah...That's funny. Maybe not sissy schools like Duke. But probably 60% of teams do similar activity.

Any time you have to write a mini novel to explain why and how you insulted people just makes it worse. Sometimes the less said works better.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one is talking about LATE in the draft anymore.

Nixon should be off the board by no later than the end of Day 2.     That means 2nd or 3rd round.

The buzz in the NFL is that he'll be gone before the 4th round.    And there's even some talk that maybe one team might be willing to use a 1st round pick on him.

The days of stealing Mixon late are long, long gone....

I would take him in 3rd or if we trade back cause no player we think is worth it is available late second if his talent is worth it. This happened in 2014 ,19 20 yr old kid just got slapped in the face and threw a punch instead of walking away 

31 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I would take him in 3rd or if we trade back cause no player we think is worth it is available late second if his talent is worth it. This happened in 2014 ,19 20 yr old kid just got slapped in the face and threw a punch instead of walking away 

Just to be clear about Mixon...   when the incident happened,  he had just turned 18 the day before.    He was a very, very young man....       Now he's 20 and hopefully wiser and more mature...

Man, 449, your posts are hard to follow, lol.

e.g. "I look at things in a much more radicle way than others. Guess its because I know about how society really is. I mean look at college sports. Slightly off topic, but still same point. I mean Ha-Ha-Ha......Ask about Mrs Dixie at WKU. Ask about what she does LOLOLOL."

Huh? :D

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just to be clear about Mixon...   when the incident happened,  he had just turned 18 the day before.    He was a very, very young man....       Now he's 20 and hopefully wiser and more mature...

Domestic abuse is learned behavior and not a maturity issue.  That's why abusers keep returning back to it even when million dollar careers are on the line.  It takes the right people in your life to help you stop it.  Remember, he was a known public figure and he was in public with witnesses and yet nothing told him not to do this.  Something in his upbringing should have said to just push her hard or yell at her, but he crosses a social norm line by punching her in the face and didn't care who saw it.  Privately people mess up and are ashamed because they know it's wrong and don't want others to know what the did, but he didn't even care about that.  It's amazing in every aspect and that's why I think he wasn't taught correctly and that he will not quit this easily.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yea I agree very young kid made a mistake, don't think he should be condemned for it 

6 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Domestic abuse is learned behavior and not a maturity issue.  That's why abusers keep returning back to it even when million dollar careers are on the line.  It takes the right people in your life to help you stop it.  Remember, he was a known public figure and he was in public with witnesses and yet nothing told him not to do this.  Something in his upbringing should have said to just push her hard or yell at her, but he crosses a social norm line by punching her in the face and didn't care who saw it.  Privately people mess up and are ashamed because they know it's wrong and don't want others to know what the did, but he didn't even care about that.  It's amazing in every aspect and that's why I think he wasn't taught correctly and that he will not quit this easily.

I understand but does the woman who hit him get a free pass? It goes both ways he was wrong but people need to stop putting there hands on people period men and woman 

6 hours ago, LockeDown said:

First,  this is NOT domestic abuse,  this is assault.    And that's not me as a man making that argument.

Over on ESPNW.com (that's their women's page)  they have a long detailed article saying just that.

Domesitc abuse implies a relationship --- there was none --- assault is what it says it is,  and that's just what happened.

Second,  this incident happened nearly 3 years ago,  and since that time there have been no stories --- ZERO --- about any other woman coming forward that I'm aware of saying Mixon did anything wrong to her.     This was a one-time incident.      Didn't happen before.     It hasn't happened since.

Again,  worth noting....     he was 18 years old.    Most 18 year olds don't have an inner-voice that says what to do and what not to do.       That's part of being 18.      This is not the Ray Rice case.

1 hour ago, jbaron04 said:

I understand but does the woman who hit him get a free pass? It goes both ways he was wrong but people need to stop putting there hands on people period men and woman 

she was not innocent, but she is irrelevant to who the colts draft

maybe she should have been punished too, but i still wouldnt take mixon

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

she was not innocent, but she is irrelevant to who the colts draft

maybe she should have been punished too, but i still wouldnt take mixon

Is that based on character / accident / talent what is your reason. 

As Joe Mixon starts to rise up draft boards and Dalvin Cook starts to fall, this is an interesting statement to hear from Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller. 

Miller made the comment on a Bleacher Report Facebook video  stating that teams are more comfortable with Mixon’s off-the-field issues over Cook’s.

http://fanbuzz.com/story/nfl-scout-dalvin-cook-joe-mixon-draft-stock/

2 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Yea I agree very young kid made a mistake, don't think he should be condemned for it 

He is also a high profile young kid that is supposed to be representing his university and teammates.  And being role models for the real young kids up and coming in the sport.

I don't buy that crap about being a kid.  We have "kids" fighting for our country and losing their lives doing it.  To hell with that excuse.  

Edited by BR-549
Forgot an intended comment

Just to be fair... I would not draft Mixon.  I think I have been pretty clear about that.  If, however, CB and his staff decide to take a chance on him I am not going to get upset.  I think he is an amazing talent.

I am not, however going to try to justify his bad decision and bad behavior by making excuses for him just because he is an amazing talent.

I feel strongly against domestic violence, or if it is assault against a woman by a man then I am against that too.  Whichever you wish to call it I don't like it and would never advocate it by excusing such actions by saying he was just a kid when it happened.  

It happened... the question is can he be rehabilitated in a sense that he understands he can never make the same decision again when faced with a similar situation.  I certainly hope so whether we choose him to be a Colt or not.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

He is also a high profile young kid that is supposed to be representing his university and teammates.  And being role models for the real young kids up and coming in the sport.

I don't buy that crap about being a kid.  We have "kids" fighting for our country and losing their lives doing it.  To hell with that excuse.  

So you want to punish someone forever because they made a mistake as a kid? And your reasoning is because some "kids" join the army? Nice. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

So you want to punish someone forever because they made a mistake as a kid? And your reasoning is because some "kids" join the army? Nice. 

So if someone murders someone when they are 17 you want to give them a pass... nice

Never said I wanted to punish him forever, said I would not draft him.... read my post again before making assumptions.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

So if someone murders someone when they are 17 you want to give them a pass... nice

Never said I wanted to punish him forever, said I would not draft him.... read my post again before making assumptions.

Did you really just compare what Mixon did to a murder? Come on man. 

And I read it fine. No assumptions. 

32 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yes you did misread sorry.  Is that what you got out of my post... don't be ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

As Joe Mixon starts to rise up draft boards and Dalvin Cook starts to fall, this is an interesting statement to hear from Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller. 

Miller made the comment on a Bleacher Report Facebook video  stating that teams are more comfortable with Mixon’s off-the-field issues over Cook’s.

http://fanbuzz.com/story/nfl-scout-dalvin-cook-joe-mixon-draft-stock/

With respect I don't put too much thoughts into Bleacher Report. They have a history of either being wrong or over exaggerating issues.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Blow off??  Dude, you need to lighten up.

I guess you never made a mistake in your perfect life.

You are right DUDE.... my life is perfect... and I have never made a mistake.  

Why would you take my comment out of context like that?  You had nothing to say about my other comments in regard to Mixon, yet you take the time to give me a :facepalm: because I was pointing out how stupid of a comment MV had made.... sorry.  

I am sorry that I am absolutely against hitting women and have zero tolerance for it.  Thats how I feel and I have a right to defend my opinion.... just like you have a right to have and defend your own.  You could have easily just passed the whole "argument" by but you didn't.  So now you are in it.

My comment about the military was to show that 18 year old kids are doing other things more important than playing football.  Thats all.  I can clearly see that some don't get it.... and thats cool... no problem

7 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

You are right DUDE.... my life is perfect... and I have never made a mistake.  

Why would you take my comment out of context like that?  You had nothing to say about my other comments in regard to Mixon, yet you take the time to give me a :facepalm: because I was pointing out how stupid of a comment MV had made.... sorry.  

I am sorry that I am absolutely against hitting women and have zero tolerance for it.  Thats how I feel and I have a right to defend my opinion.... just like you have a right to have and defend your own.  You could have easily just passed the whole "argument" by but you didn't.  So now you are in it.

My comment about the military was to show that 18 year old kids are doing other things more important than playing football.  Thats all.  I can clearly see that some don't get it.... and thats cool... no problem

There is no argument. You turned it that way by making an issue out of someone's opinion that didn't match yours.

It makes no difference what yours, mine or anyone else's opinion is if Ballard does pick him.

All that was said a mistake by a young kid shouldn't be the main issue of him being drafted.

You get all fired up over nothing.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

There is no argument. You turned it that way by making an issue out of someone's opinion that didn't match yours.

It makes no difference what yours, mine or anyone else's opinion is if Ballard does pick him.

All that was said a mistake by a young kid shouldn't be the main issue of him being drafted.

You get all fired up over nothing.

I said all of that in my post if you care to go back and read it.  I am not all fired up over nothing..... I don't want to argue with you guys.... and I don't want to offend anyone, if I did I apologize as it wasn't my intent.  My intent was to state my opinion and MV offended me... ok!

I will say the following quote by MV was taken out of context and was reason for me "getting fired up over nothing".

It could be that I am passionate about the situation.  Or maybe I lost a family member or good friend in the recent wars... and I think that "kids making mistakes" is not a good way to dismiss the problem....or maybe it is that I don't think it is cool to hit a woman regardless... That is how I feel.

53 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I said all of that in my post if you care to go back and read it.  I am not all fired up over nothing..... I don't want to argue with you guys.... and I don't want to offend anyone, if I did I apologize as it wasn't my intent.  My intent was to state my opinion and MV offended me... ok!

I will say the following quote by MV was taken out of context and was reason for me "getting fired up over nothing".

It could be that I am passionate about the situation.  Or maybe I lost a family member or good friend in the recent wars... and I think that "kids making mistakes" is not a good way to dismiss the problem....or maybe it is that I don't think it is cool to hit a woman regardless... That is how I feel.

lol I didn't mean or try to offend ya. 

6 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

lol I didn't mean or try to offend ya. 

Its okay man.... I am seriously just passionate about the hitting women issue.  I like Mixon otherwise, I do.  And I probably did take it a little too tough... I will try to respond better in the future should I get offended... hows that.

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Well he was suspended and found not guilty, but Im not saying I want players with to much baggage on team,

6 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Way too much testosterone in here....maybe if Mixon had controlled his, this thread wouldn't be necessary?  Food for thought.

Good Point... although I wouldn't say "way" too much... just too much, lol

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think you are onto something here....and you have been all along with Mixon.  There is just no reason to believe Mixon makes it past the 2nd round.  Too much talent and his issue, however polarizing, was singular and at such a young age.  I very much doubt that teams are looking at him through the same fearful lens that so many fans are.

If he isn't found to have other character concerns, then losing his mind as an 18 year old will and should be soon forgotten as a grown man if he becomes a productive citizen, let alone a productive Pro.

I am going to weigh in as a Father of a Daughter and Step Daughter...a Son of a Mother...a Brother of a Sister..an Uncle of two Nieces...a Nephew of a an Aunt and a Cousin of two female cousins.................

No matter what someone says to you, you have the ability to choose two paths....you can react but punching a woman in the face is unacceptable, despite the reason.  This is a world class athlete hitting someone for saying a disgusting word. Despite its connotation, it isn't worthy of a beating from a physically superior 
"victim". 

If it was my kin....he would be dead....

24 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am going to weigh in as a Father of a Daughter and Step Daughter...a Son of a Mother...a Brother of a Sister..an Uncle of two Nieces...a Nephew of a an Aunt and a Cousin of two female cousins.................

No matter what someone says to you, you have the ability to choose two paths....you can react but punching a woman in the face is unacceptable, despite the reason.  This is a world class athlete hitting someone for saying a disgusting word. Despite its connotation, it isn't worthy of a beating from a physically superior 
"victim". 

If it was my kin....he would be dead....

Thank you,

I guess I was trying to say the same thing.  People sometimes don't get it from a parents point of view because what they care about is winning football games.

Maybe your post isn't related to mine (maybe it is), but I don't tolerate punk * behavior and I would not tolerate it against a loved one nor from anyone on my team as a coach or anyone with authority.  

I am a matter of fact type person and the matter of fact is I would have loved to been in the room when the man hit the gal..... It may very well have had a different outcome than not being able to go to the combine.

I am now done with it now... feel free to critique if you must.