Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard open minded with character concerns

Luck 4 president

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/20125/colts-gm-chris-ballard-will-do-homework-and-make-own-opinion-of-draft-prospects-with-character-issues

heres an interesting article on ESPN. Last week there was a thread that made it sound like CB would pass on people with character issues. This gives me hope that we will make a run at guys like Mixon.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've believed this all along. And I mean not only, considering the state of our roster do we need to take advantage of guys like Mixon and Lewis falling the 3-4 range, but we need some bad boys. We need some loud mouths that tount the crowd and opponents non stop like a Suggs or Sherman. Or guys like Burfict, Talib, Jenkins, Pacman, etc. Guys who come straight outta the geto. Guys like Bernard Pollard who played angry and seem like they actually try to take players out. We need that. I don't want a bunch of good guys. I want guys who'd rather kill somebody than to lose a game, guys who only care about winning, etc. We were always taught winning is EVERYTHING!!! BUT....Not saying Mixon and Lewis are like this. All they've done is hit women like some scumbags, but they'll fall down the board because of that. And I'd MUCH rather have a full of scumbags who can ball that mediocrity. We can come out of this draft and drastically improve our team right away IMO. But back to Mixon and Lewis. They're both late 1st-early 2nd round picks. When you can get a talent like that in the 2-3-4 you gotta take it. I mean hell if we got Lewis and Mixon in the 3rd and 4th it's be like 3 1st rounders, maybe 4 depending on what we do in the 2nd.

56 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I doubt he would have opened his mouth if he didn't already have our beloved owners blessing to do what he wants to.

Read paragraph three.

Besides, Ballard was talking in very general terms.  Any GM would have to get ownership permission to draft Mixon.

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

It doesn't matter what Ballard thinks of Nixon.  It matters what Irsay thinks of Mixon.

No it really doesn't matter what Ballard thinks because Nixon and his politics don't matter much too football lmao just kidding lol

6 hours ago, buccolts said:

Well, he'll consider considering them. Not all will be considered after close consideration.

I cosidered considering that too.  But after further consideration, i considered to not consider considering it in the first place.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I've believed this all along. And I mean not only, considering the state of our roster do we need to take advantage of guys like Mixon and Lewis falling the 3-4 range, but we need some bad boys. We need some loud mouths that tount the crowd and opponents non stop like a Suggs or Sherman. Or guys like Burfict, Talib, Jenkins, Pacman, etc. Guys who come straight outta the geto. Guys like Bernard Pollard who played angry and seem like they actually try to take players out. We need that. I don't want a bunch of good guys. I want guys who'd rather kill somebody than to lose a game, guys who only care about winning, etc. We were always taught winning is EVERYTHING!!! BUT....Not saying Mixon and Lewis are like this. All they've done is hit women like some scumbags, but they'll fall down the board because of that. And I'd MUCH rather have a full of scumbags who can ball that mediocrity. We can come out of this draft and drastically improve our team right away IMO. But back to Mixon and Lewis. They're both late 1st-early 2nd round picks. When you can get a talent like that in the 2-3-4 you gotta take it. I mean hell if we got Lewis and Mixon in the 3rd and 4th it's be like 3 1st rounders, maybe 4 depending on what we do in the 2nd.

Do you ever read what you write? 

Not everything's black or white. 

I'm color blind and I know that. 

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

You sound really ignorant. Why make a statement like that? Just because they're black doesn't mean they had to come from the "GETO" as you may call it.

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't disagree that defenses need a certain amount of attitude and "killer instinct" to succeed. I think the larger issue for the team (PR issues aside, they always dirty themselves out when you win) is that certain character issues ie. hitting women in public, or ped concerns, put the player at a higher risk to be suspended, or jailed and black-listed. Wrong or right, you can't put the team at risk if a player can't stay out of trouble. It's a fine line.

6 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I must say, as a black man..... that "geto" part offended me

Not everyone who comes out the "Geto" is like Burfict or Pacman. 

25 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I must say, as a black man..... that "geto" part offended me

Not everyone who comes out the "Geto" is like Burfict or Pacman. 

Wow! I'm with you, I'm a white country boy from a small town that graduated with literately no African Americans in my class (10 years ago) and that post offended me lol. I get where he was trying to go with that post but some people should definitely consider reading what they type before posting.

9 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Open mouth, insert foot.

10 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

We need guys that are tough and play with a mean streak. We do not need thugs. We do not want thugs.

Big difference between an intense tough guy like Ray Lewis or similar and a thug like Greg Hardy.

44 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

We need guys that are tough and play with a mean streak. We do not need thugs. We do not want thugs.

Big difference between an intense tough guy like Ray Lewis or similar and a thug like Greg Hardy.

Was Lewis a thug before he found religion when facing jail time? Some think so.

13 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Yes, "loud mouth", "bad boys" like:

Peyton Manning, Edgerine James, Joseph Addai, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, Bob Sanders,Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Adam Viniteri.........

It's the only way to win........

I'll draw a personal reference on this topic. The 1999 Colts were an exciting team on the rise. Edge was a rookie sensation, Peyton and Marvin lit things up, and even though they won 13 games it was a hard team to root for. Polian was probably limited in $$$ and took some chances on guys, but that defense was a who's who of bad.  Shawn King, Tito Wooten, Andre Royal, Cornelius Bennett and Steve "Mustafa" Muhammed. Oy! Just do a quick search on any of these guys...Jeez, Royal, King and Wooten didn't finish out the season. So, while I agree, your defense needs a bit of toughness, let's not get carried away.

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

What a disgusting, bigoted pathetic post. But why am I not surprised....

Here is what annoys me about Mixon right. Ppl saying I'd be okay drafting him in the 3/4th round but not the 1st. The man it seems is talent wise a 1st round pick (seems to be a general agreement). Then you pick him in the first..players are drafted primarily on how talented they are. Saying you're okay with drafting him in later rounds is a cop out because he would be a steal. You are either okay with drafting him or not. If you are, based on talent than spending a 1st on him shouldn't be a problem. If you're not okay with want he did you don't want to draft him. Whatever about peds and drug... This is a different ball game that me personally is not okay with and I have gone back and forth on him because he is such a great talent and I know she, from accounts I have read, I have not seen the video was the Initiate of the fight, but as of today I would not be okay with him on the colts roster. If you think it was a youngster mistake, a once off thing than fine. But for me if it happened once it can happen again and I don't want that around my team.

Sent from my iPad *

22 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

If you can get a top round talent late in draft you do it 

No one is talking about LATE in the draft anymore.

Nixon should be off the board by no later than the end of Day 2.     That means 2nd or 3rd round.

The buzz in the NFL is that he'll be gone before the 4th round.    And there's even some talk that maybe one team might be willing to use a 1st round pick on him.

The days of stealing Mixon late are long, long gone....

20 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I don't know why you think this post helps your cause.

Look at the reaction in this thread.      Do you honestly think the Irsay family is going to adopt this approach?

I mean,  seriously?      Come on now,  you know better than that.......

This post is so unhelpful to you....    

@braveheartcolt@NewColtsFan, @egg@buccolts@ColtsUrUs@TKnight24 giving me hell. I guess you guys are just into all the new age politically correctness nonsense. IDK. But my post was not in ANY way bigotry or anything of the sort. I just know how things REALLY are. People think the world is what they wanna believe it is... But they have no idea. I know people who know people in the NFL. I've heard  TONS of stuff from a very honest and reliable source.....Non other than a good friend of a former assistant coach under Harbaugh at Stanford. Not only that, but also my brother has an employee who use to work for an NFL team. Not sure what he did without calling bro, but trust me.

First up... I'm the most open minded dude you'll ever meet. This may be off topic. Deny it if you want, but we ALL evolved from dark skinned people. AKA the first people on earth were dark skinned. Fact. I'm just not in this political correctness bull. I mean its a fact. Several of my boys/buddies are black dudes. The comments my post received are just dumb, new age people, who's trying to be all politically correct. lmao.....I say ___ that. I'm me. But it is a FACT...I'm politically incorrect LOL....A lot of players come from bad cities. AKA Getos. That a bad word now? I sure didn't know that was a new age bad word til now. And a lot of those players are the guys you want. AKA bad boys. Guys straight outta Compton, etc. among SEVERAL other places similar. It is a simple fact.

2nd. Unless its a Luke Kuechly, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, etc, (a few more I don't feel like naming) I DO NOT really want many white players on our team LOL. I'm me. I'm real. I'm from Ky. and I'll spit out my opinions that's actually mostly right, people just don't wanna admit it....Everybody's just so damn sensitive nowadays. But what I said is correct. How many white skill positions players you see who are studs or really good??? A handful??? A few TE's, a handful of WR's, (not many ane any good, maybe 5-6-7?? LOL),  And a few LB's. Again not many good ones. How many good white boy corners are in the league? HAHAHA. Yep. RB's??? Nope. lmao....But the worlds nothing like when I grew up 9-10 years ago. The world's going soft, the NFL is trying to make the league sissified just like the rest of the world is heading, or already at.

20 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Look here. All you guys giving me hell. I guess you guys are just into all the new age politically correctness nonsense. IDK. But my post was not in ANY way bigotry or anything of the sort. I just know how things REALLY are. People think the world is what they seem but they have no idea. I know people who know people in the NFL. I've heard  TONS of stuff from a very honest and reliable source.....Non other than a good friend of a former assistant coach under Harbaugh at Stanford.

First up... I'm the most open minded dude you'll ever meet. This may be off topic. Deny it if you want, but we ALL evolved from dark skinned people. AKA the first people on earth were dark skinned. Fact. I'm just not in this political correctness bull. I mean its a fact. Several of my boys/buddies are black dudes. The comments my post received are just dumb, new age people, who's trying to be all politically correct. lmao.....I say ___ that. I'm me. But it is a FACT...I'm politically incorrect LOL....A lot of players come from bad cities. AKA Getos. That a bad word now? I sure didn't know that was a new age bad word til now. And a lot of those players are the guys you want. AKA bad boys. Guys straight outta Compton, etc. among SEVERAL other places similar. It is a simple fact.

2nd. Unless its a Luke Kuechly, JJ Watt, Ryan Kerrigan, etc, (a few more I don't feel like naming) I DO NOT really want many white players on our team LOL. I'm me. I'm real. I'm from Ky. and I'll spit out my opinions that's actually mostly right, people just don't wanna admit it....Everybody's just so damn sensitive nowadays. But what I said is correct. How many white skill positions players you see who are studs or really good??? A handful??? A few TE's, a handful of WR's, (not many ane any good, maybe 5-6-7?? LOL),  And a few LB's. Again not many good ones. How many good white boy corners are in the league? HAHAHA. Yep. RB's??? Nope. lmao....But the worlds nothing like when I grew up 9-10 years ago. The world's going soft, the NFL is trying to make the league sissified just like the rest of the world is heading, or already at.

This should help things....

9 minutes ago, BOTT said:

This should help things....

Na man. I know you're being a little smart, but I look at things in a much more radicle way than others. Guess its because I know about how society really is. I mean look at college sports. Slightly off topic, but still same point. I mean Ha-Ha-Ha......Ask about Mrs Dixie at WKU. Ask about what she does LOLOLOL. Yeah... Ever wonder about how these college athletes dress so nice, have 10 grand plus ink, drive nice cars, etc.....And I mean LOL. How funny. But does anyone.....ANYONE actually believe Louisville Basketball is the only program to use hookers??? lmao ....Yeah...That's funny. Maybe not sissy schools like Duke. But probably 60% of teams do similar activity.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

@braveheartcolt@NewColtsFan, @egg@buccolts@ColtsUrUs@TKnight24 giving me hell. I guess you guys are just into all the new age politically correctness nonsense. IDK. But my post was not in ANY way bigotry or anything of the sort. I just know how things REALLY are. People think the world is what they wanna believe it is... But they have no idea. I know people who know people in the NFL. I've heard  TONS of stuff from a very honest and reliable source.....Non other than a good friend of a former assistant coach under Harbaugh at Stanford. Not only that, but also my brother has an employee who use to work for an NFL team. Not sure what he did without calling bro, but trust me.

If you are hoping this would help matters.......

Well....

Not so much.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Is that what they teach you in KY?  :facepalm:

I really don't understand anything you have posted about this topic... and it is pretty sad that you would say some of the things you have said... 

Nearing the "ignore" option I am afraid