Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hoping Josh Ferguson Shines

AustexColt

15 hours ago, AustexColt said:

I have a strong suspicion that we will draft a RB this year. With Turbin locked in I am wondering if Josh will have a spot. I was really high on him in last year's draft. Wish him good luck. He could be Darell Sproles 2.0.  

He is Darren Sproles 2.0.

But slower, and less agile, worse hands and worse vision.

I think Christian McCaffrey ends up being Darren Sproles 2.0

I know Grigs is gone...so there's no need to pile on, but he (or somebody in the Colts organization) was awful at scouting college RBs. And watching the Colts pass over good young RBs in the past two drafts was one of the more frustrating aspects of his tenure...especially when it was clear the Colts needed one. 

Ferguson is just the latest one. I read an article where Grigs said they were looking at drafting him as early as round 4. Think about that for a second. 

I don't think Ferguson has a future with this team. He will be lucky to end up on the PS. He can't pass block and he offers nothing in the running game. All he can do is catch passes...but he can't even do that well at times. I expect the Colts to draft a RB that can catch AND block, which will make Ferguson unnecessary.