Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew.... will you tell us yourself?

AustexColt

We all know that Luck will give 2000% in terms of effort so that is not the issue. What is the issue is the Limitations that he will have during the months upto the start of the season. Since many of us do not know the details of the nature of his surgery, we are totally reliant to statements that all is going well and on track to a 2017 season. Bottomline, we are fed optimism as the teammates and management keeps us in the dark.For the offense to really click with all the new additions and Chud's 2nd season Andrew Luck needs to be going 100% physically and confident in his arm/shoulder. Only Andrew making himself visible and openly sharing with his fans details about his progress can bring reality to the situation. 

11 hours ago, AustexColt said:

We all know that Luck will give 2000% in terms of effort so that is not the issue. What is the issue is the Limitations that he will have during the months upto the start of the season. Since many of us do not know the details of the nature of his surgery, we are totally reliant to statements that all is going well and on track to a 2017 season. Bottomline, we are fed optimism as the teammates and management keeps us in the dark.For the offense to really click with all the new additions and Chud's 2nd season Andrew Luck needs to be going 100% physically and confident in his arm/shoulder. Only Andrew making himself visible and openly sharing with his fans details about his progress can bring reality to the situation. 

The more you say, the more people can understand and misunderstand,,'

we are early in the offseason.....Luck is early in his recovery....and his vacation

....In 3 months, he can talk about what has happened and how he feels about it instead of what he hopes to happen and how he hopes to feel..

Plus, I think Andrew likes to be quiet and private

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling

14 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Well, Luck doesn't like to talk about his injuries so you won't hear anything from him. 

14 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Cam Newton just had a rotator cuff procedure 2 days ago, well behind Luck's timeline, and he's expected to be ready for training camp. Between a torn labrum or damaged rotator cuff, I'm not really sure which one is more serious, but if Cam's ready by camp, I feel like Luck should be too, or am I just being an eternal optimist?

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Cam Newton just had a rotator cuff procedure 2 days ago, well behind Luck's timeline, and he's expected to be ready for training camp. Between a torn labrum or damaged rotator cuff, I'm not really sure which one is more serious, but if Cam's ready by camp, I feel like Luck should be too, or am I just being an eternal optimist?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this sort of surgery fairly common for QB's to have in the offseason?  

I really don't think it's something we have to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this sort of surgery fairly common for QB's to have in the offseason?  

I really don't think it's something we have to worry about.

It's common, and typically not that big of a deal... until it's my QB. Then it's code red emergency.

42 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's common, and typically not that big of a deal... until it's my QB. Then it's code red emergency.

Well I for one forgot he got surgery until I noticed this thread today.  

Whole thing struck me initially as no big deal and as far as I'm concerned I still don't see any evidence that it's a cause for concern.  

18 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The chances that Andrew Luck is going to share his REAL health status with you is exactly....   zero.

It is not happening.

First,  Luck is a very private guy away from football.     And he's even more private about his football life.

When asked,  the best you're going to get Luck to say is roughly.....   "I'm fine.    I've got the normal bumps and bruises.     My shoulder bothers me somedays,  but it feels much better after surgery.   Glad I had it.    But I'm fine.    Good to go!"

That's it.     That's all he's going to say.    And he's going to say that no matter what the truth is.   Yes, Andrew Luck will lie to you.     Why?     He's never EVER going to tell the rest of the NFL how he really feels.    Period.

So,  get used to it.....     you're never going to know what Luck is thinking.    He's not wired that way......

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Well I for one forgot he got surgery until I noticed this thread today.  

Whole thing struck me initially as no big deal and as far as I'm concerned I still don't see any evidence that it's a cause for concern.  

The timeline makes me a little nervous. From the day of surgery (early January), he's not supposed to throw for I think 3 months, and full recovery could take as long as 6. Basically if he has even the slightest setback, it could easily cut into training camp reps.

On March 23, 2017 at 5:50 PM, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Hello, it's me, Andrew Luck. I am fine, don't worry. I will be good to go at the start of the season, thanks for your concern.

:peek:

I hope you received your customary percentage fee as Luck's talent agent there MCM. This sounds just like something Chewbacca would actually say too. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No..you are right.....the off-season in football is an eternity....Cam even put off his surgery a few days because he had some in-person commitments he had to take care of...He wasn't worried about the recovery time frame

still 3 full months off before training camp

You all maybe taking this too lightly..... based on HOW and WHAT Irsay and Pagano said about Luck's progress I am concerned. They are worried and their reply is to set the expectation that Luck maybe out for a longer time than the first mini-camp. Whenever you go under the knife there is all sorts of things that can go wrong, not to mention infection and other type of complication. Surgeons are not PERFECT and so don't assume anything. 

9 hours ago, AustexColt said:

You all maybe taking this too lightly..... based on HOW and WHAT Irsay and Pagano said about Luck's progress I am concerned. They are worried and their reply is to set the expectation that Luck maybe out for a longer time than the first mini-camp. Whenever you go under the knife there is all sorts of things that can go wrong, not to mention infection and other type of complication. Surgeons are not PERFECT and so don't assume anything. 

Any labrum injury in a throwing athlete is cause for concern

On 3/23/2017 at 0:18 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm not even convinced Andrew had any 'repairs' performed at all.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:10 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The timeline makes me a little nervous. From the day of surgery (early January), he's not supposed to throw for I think 3 months, and full recovery could take as long as 6. Basically if he has even the slightest setback, it could easily cut into training camp reps.

This timeline seems to indicate that maybe there was no 'actual full repairs' necessary, but a general "cleanup" of the shoulder area because non-interventional treatment wasn't effective enough..

This could be one or many items that aren't actually Labrum or Rotator Cuff repair (Subacromion smoothing or decompression, debridement of Labrum / Rotator cuff, bone spur removal, etc...)

I think Rapoport left out two words in his tweet... "up to".  This is a real time line, but seems somewhat conservative and upper limit... IF ... Andrew follow rehab exactly, not getting ahead or behind of schedule.

Remember, for anybody (athlete or lay person alike), recovery is a ramp. not a light switch.  For some injuries (but not all ! ) athletes ramp may be a little steeper and they appear to recover faster. For others, there is no advantage an athlete has, it is solely how the 3 items are performed adhered to:

Surgical procedure (technical) excellence

Rehab Therapist excellence

Patient Excellence (strict adherance to the recovery/rehab plan)

On 3/23/2017 at 5:55 PM, BOTT said:

Jesus, the forum is like a obnoxious, worrisome mother.  I'm guessing after having outpatient surgery he will probably return to be Chad Pennington lite.

LOL  We fixed your shoulder up!  You are now the proud owner of a 'noodle arm' that doesn't hurt anymore!  :huthut:     {not an issue IMHO}

Right now, I think Andrew will be just fine.  Plenty of time to get ready for training camp, and likely feel better than he has in a good while. Unless there are setback items, I don't need updates on his condition until June.