Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts one of several teams interested in WR Streater

1 minute ago, Boomstick1 said:

Why? He's done

He's not done unless he wants to be.  But he'd be too expensive.  

The Jets owe him $6M offset against what another team would pay him. So someone has to pay him more to make it worth his time. 

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

He's not done unless he wants to be.  But he'd be too expensive.  

The Jets owe him $6M offset against what another team would pay him. So someone has to pay him more to make it worth his time. 

who would want him? he was bad last year

he could try FS and probably be ok at it, but i dont think he would be a high impact player there.  hes more of a man coverage guy

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

who would want him? he was bad last year

he could try FS and probably be ok at it, but i dont think he would be a high impact player there.  hes more of a man coverage guy

I'm not advocating, I'm just saying how much someone will have to pay to get him.  

Last year he was out of shape and in the wrong system.   Don't be surprised if he goes back to the Pats this year.  

4 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

Why? He's done

No he's not he was fat, out of shape on horrible team with no reason care..lwt him come here and contend compete with davis for #1 spot, let that alpha male kick in, hell push Davis and Davis will push him 2 yrs 8 mill with possibility of 12 mill with incentives. .Let the couple rookies we draft in deepest cb draft ever learnbfrom them and lick em both to curb in 2 to 3 years. ..If we come away with reddick, watt, desmond king, kevin king, mixon or hunt and kittle lombardi trophy will reside on indy next year

25 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

I would have to think this is dead with the signing of Aiken. Who knows how long ago we were in contact.

At first I thought the same thing. But that was posted today and aiken was signed a few days ago.

46 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

At first I thought the same thing. But that was posted today and aiken was signed a few days ago.

Good point. I guess it is a low risk, low cost, high reward kind of scenario with Streater. Just more competition down the line.

Not sure how this can be a bad thing. It's doubtful it's anything but a cheap 1 year deal. More competition is good. I don't know why everyone thinks our WR group is so set. When TY gets taken out of the game or is injured, our other guys just sometimes disappear. Moncrief even is great in the red zone but kinda average across the rest of the field. I'd be content if this is all we have going into next year, but I'm not going to oversell us either.

Look we've got to go to camp with 90 people so I'm sure there's guys they want to get a look at out of curiousity and what not.   That's basically what streater would be.   He's no threat to Dorsett.    Aiken is a good pick up to put some stress on Phil though.  Hopefully Phil will take it as a threat and rise to the occasion.

50 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we sign Streeter, I would bet money that Ballard is going to trade either Moncrief or Dorsett for a draft pick. 

Remember the rumor that the colts inquired about moving up with cincy @9?

I don'tknow if it was true. But lets say it was, Maybe we trade a wr instead of a pick to trade up?

Just now, LJpalmbeacher said:

I don'tknow if it was true. But lets say it was, Maybe we trade a wr instead of a pick to trade up?

Possibly, to trade up and get someone like Foster or Solomon Thomas.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Look we've got to go to camp with 90 people so I'm sure there's guys they want to get a look at out of curiousity and what not.   That's basically what streater would be.   He's no threat to Dorsett.    Aiken is a good pick up to put some stress on Phil though.  Hopefully Phil will take it as a threat and rise to the occasion.

People seem to forget that there's a 90 man roster for awhile. Signings like this will happen. But I disagree that Streeter isn't a threat to Dorsett. He's got more experience and is a proven 3rd receiver. He was underrated in Oakland IMO.

If Phil didn't rise to occasion last year when Moncrief went out and Chud said they needed him to step up, I don't see what will change this year.

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

Interesting... A friend in Indy has said there are rumors/talk (no sources possible speculation) that Dorsett may be headed for the trade block...

Sign Streater & try to get a pick for Dorsett??? In a significantly deep draft class, may not be a horrible idea...

I would hope we can get another 4th for Dorsett if we do trade him.

14 hours ago, Krauses said:

Streater is a very good gunner on special teams. Ballard wants competition and versatility at all positions. I'm all for it.

Yes yes. Yes.

you get it.

some arent seeing the big picture.  They've been complaining for years about no quality depth and now they are complaining when it happens.  

This team will improve much more by improving depth all-around than by signing a couple high-priced "big names" .  The "big names" really should come from quality drafting and DEVELOPING.  

There is gonna be some hitting and gamesmanship at camp this year.

i think the tone is being set.  You will be judged by your play on the field, and management wants guys that can stay healthy. This influx of youth might even light a candle up some of these guys butts and perhaps it will translate into faster starts.  Wouldnt THAT be nice?  One can dream. 

Ps... is your first name Santa?

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I bet NE would be all over that.

they could make him a star i bet.

Yeah, but they just got Cooks. It won't happen. Brady would do better with him than we would, but they have a deep burner in Chris Hogan, who is arguably better than Dorsett.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would hope we can get another 4th for Dorsett if we do trade him.

Yeah, not sure whether or not Dorsett's resume warrants a 4th, but I'd have to think that the 4th, or at least an early 5th, would about have to be the the tipping point to make the move worthwhile...

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

Yeah, not sure whether or not Dorsett's resume warrants a 4th, but I'd have to think that the 4th, or at least an early 5th, would about have to be the the tipping point to make the move worthwhile...

It would obviously be based on possible potential still and where we drafted him, but I wouldn't do it for anything less. Rather just ride it out with him than give him away for almost nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, but they just got Cooks. It won't happen. Brady would do better with him than we would, but they have a deep burner in Chris Hogan, who is arguably better than Dorsett.

Ok, trade him to the saints to replace cooks.

haha

(i actually hope dorsett proves us wrong this year and goes off, if he sees any action, that is

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ok, trade him to the saints to replace cooks.

haha

(i actually hope dorsett proves us wrong this year and goes off, if he sees any action, that is

So do I. I actually think, (and this may be an unpopular opinion), that Dorsett is a bust because of Luck. There's some sort of trust issue between the two, which is evident by the number of targets that Dorsett gets. It should of increased when Moncrief got hurt, but it didn't. His receptions are rather favorable comparatively speaking to the amount of targets he got, if I remember right. I hope Luck and Dorsett build some chemistry.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Dorsett plus our 15th?

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So do I. I actually think, (and this may be an unpopular opinion), that Dorsett is a bust because of Luck. There's some sort of trust issue between the two, which is evident by the number of targets that Dorsett gets. It should of increased when Moncrief got hurt, but it didn't. His receptions are rather favorable comparatively speaking to the amount of targets he got, if I remember right. I hope Luck and Dorsett build some chemistry.

There has been talk of luck not always going thru progressions. (I'm not starting a bash-luck topic)

perhaps its because andrew is running for his life too.

we all remember (well,some of us) how jeff george was affected by pressure. Dorsett was thought of as a deep threat because of his speed and theres no time for the pkay to develop maybe.  But i see something in dorsett too.

20 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

No he's not he was fat, out of shape on horrible team with no reason care..

Sorry, this just isn't the case.  Players always know the younger version of them is coming up to take their job and food money.  No player wants fat and lazy tapes that shows no cares when they become a FA or are trying to get an extension.  That is an automatic promotion for the upcoming replacements, and reasons for other teams not to pull the trigger on the guy in FA. 

Now how some big ego FA's perform after getting huge dough on an FA contract, well that's a different story.