Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Bazzle

CR91

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

His size could be a problem

I think I saw a story on Colts.com that pegged him at 240....

If true,  no problem....

If less.....    well, then maybe he's more of a special teams guy....     this has time to sort itself out...

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Maybe he is eating a lot calories

I noticed the website officially lists him at 229.

The team updates the weight of all the players in early May, after the team breaks for the summer and everyone gets about 50 days off.....

Those weights then stand as the new official weights for the season.     It'll be interesting to see how much everyone weighs with a new GM.....

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The team updates the weight of all the players in early May, after the team breaks for the summer and everyone gets about 50 days off.....

Those weights then stand as the new official weights for the season.     It'll be interesting to see how much everyone weighs with a new GM.....

Does he live in Indy now? If so, maybe one of the locals can get him to hop ona scale for us?

I hate having to wait till May. haha

I'm guessing he Bulks up to 242lbs.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Just looking at the roster and I stumbled upon him. Who is he? he did have 29 sacks in his collegiate career. not bad

I don't know anything other than him laying a big hit on T.Y in college...at least I think that is the guy 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think he could be very good if he just gets stronger.

All this discussion about the new LBs and i forgot we brought him in.

time will tell, but Ballard TOTALLY revamped and added ALOT of competition  to probably our weakest position. He seems to be addressing the problem areas head-on.  he's trying at NT, but is smart enuff not to overpay.  

Build thru the draft and fill in the gaps and add some depth thru free agency.  Create competition at all positions. I REALLY am liking ballard so far.  i really liked his "video message to colt fans".  He said all the right things, checked all my boxes, and seemed so damn sincere and transparent at the same time: how refreshing.  If he gets this draft right, its gonna be an exciting and interesting camp. cross your fingers.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Where's he gonna be when we draft a couple OLB's early? Back in Canada where I'm sure he belongs. For every Freeman you get, you get 100 guys that suck. Like the O-Lineman and WR we signed a couple years back.

Are you saying Those who forget the John Chick are doomed to repeat it?

Hey, you never know...

Alex Bazzie went to Marshall, so I'm partial. He is a little small but has a great motor and will push any new linebackers for their position. He did start out on ST at Marshall and had to work his way to be a starter. Good character guy and should be a great locker room guy. Will he make the 53, I don't know but if not it will not be for a lack of effort. 

You guys are too premature on him being too light..like he doesn't have plenty of time to bulk up plus not everyone has to be 250+ to be successful at olb..as long as he has some sort of speed and strength that's what you should pay attention to 

12 hours ago, will426 said:

You guys are too premature on him being too light..like he doesn't have plenty of time to bulk up plus not everyone has to be 250+ to be successful at olb..as long as he has some sort of speed and strength that's what you should pay attention to 

Agreed. It's also not always about raw strength. Functional strength and the ability to convert speed to power are huge for 3-4 OLB.